Poll

----==[PLEASE READ THE POST BEFORE VOTING]==----  What do you think would best attract new people (or would be beneficial to the existing community), listed in order of importance?  Please choose 4.

DarkRP Server
Minecraft Server
TTT/ZS Server
Expansion of Fretta
TF2 Server
More games! (EVE: Online, Tribes: Ascend, Guns of Icarus, CS:GO, Etc.)
Clans

Author Topic: Expanding Our Horizons: Addition of New Servers  (Read 238 times)

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
Expanding Our Horizons: Addition of New Servers
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »
+5
Hey.  So, as many people here know, our community is discussing topics such as the "activity decline", removal of certain servers/gamemodes, and addition of new servers/gamemodes.  Well, I have noticed that there is not a direct thread addressing how we can solve all of this.  So, here you go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem:  Supposed "Activity Decline"

The solution:  We need more people!

To accomplish this, I suggest a few things. 
  • We should re-boot the Minecraft server.
  • Set up a DarkRP server
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • This one may not be possible, but it would be great, I think.  We should combine the ZS server with TTT.  Make it so that they are both on the same server.  At the end of each round, players can vote for next gamemode, and next map.  It would appease the people who want TTT to stay and the people who want TTT replaced.
  • Addition of gamemodes to Fretta, such as Flood, Crash n' Smash, Pirate Wars, Smash, and Buses from Hell
  • TF2?  Hell, why not?  People love TF2.  It's one of the most popular games on Steam.  Again, I understand, kids, eww, but that's where we get new members.
  • Expand our view beyond these two games.  I know people here play other games as well.  Possible community outreach:
    • EVE: Online (Someone set us up a corp!)
    • Tribes: Ascend (We could have a clan here, I hate playing alone)
    • Guns of Icarus Online (This is a great game, but not much fun to play with strangers)
    • Etc, etc.  (We can't just think of TF2 and Gmod as the only games out there!)
  • Other games I know of, but don't really know if they are popular/demanding enough that they should have a server:  CS:S,  Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, CS:GO, [insert ideas here]
  • I kind-of hinted at this earlier:  We could add clans!  Have forum child-boards dedicated to certain clans, such as a clan for EVE, Tribes, Guns of Icarus, Defcon, Planetside 2, etc.  These clans are just pretty much anyone who plays these games.  That means you could be in as many clans as you want, as long as you play the game.  It's not supposed to be a competitive thing.  Think of it.... more as a miniature badge-system, just with no badges or aesthetic addition to your profile.  This would be nice, so that you could always know who to play with or invite. 
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think that just about sums up all of my ideas, and the ideas of others I know about.  I'm not AT ALL saying that ALL of this should be implemented, no, that's too much.  But I definitely feel like the following are the best opportunities, listed by importance (1&2 kinda tie):
  • Clans!
  • DarkRP!
  • Add stuff to Fretta!
  • TF2 Server.
  • Everything else.

I personally would love to see these ideas take action, especially in EVE: Online (A corp here would be nice, I want to get back into that game, and it would attract an entirely different playerbase) and Tribes: Ascend (I volunteer to lead that clan, assuming this all pulls through.  I love the game!)

So, in the end, all of this was thought up with the purpose of "expanding our horizons" and getting more people to join the community.  I don't want this to evolve into a "TTT SUX REMOVE IT" or "WHO THE HELL LIKES TF2" board.  This is not an argument board, it is a suggestion board.  We can discuss the benefits of everything, but please don't start fights.

AND REMEMBER:  I am NOT saying all of these ideas should be implemented, I'm just giving a bucket of ideas, and seeing where it goes.  It would be neat to see a lot of this stuff happen, but if it can't, oh well.  It's all an idea.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and please, reply with comments discussing these ideas. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:43:47 PM by Monorail Cat »

Offline BJ_Cumstain

• Windows UserLeague PlayerCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Former Gametracker #1 TTT Player
  • Respect: +32
Re: Expanding Our Horizons: Addition of New Servers
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »
Well I like alot of the ideas, but there is one thing i'd like to state many members have left because they are tired of GMOD so I think we should try and stay away from alot of GMOD gamemodes. I do suggest bringing back minecraft and MAYBE a TF2 server since alot of people still play that regularly, and since the Fretta server still has regular population i do also agree on expanding maybe even including a point shop.

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
+1
where's cs:go

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »
Vanilla minecraft would be good

or maybe Minecraft server with 3 faction only instead of everyone creating their own faction

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline Monorail Cat

• "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are mlg pro" -JFK
  • Windows UserDonator
    View More Badges!

• PANZERKAMPHWAGON SCHADENFREUDE
  • Respect: +503
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 08:42:34 PM »
where's cs:go

That's pretty much included with CS:S/other games, and the part where I said [insert idea here].  That was pretty much for stuff like this.  I would love a CS:GO clan/server, I just didn't mention it.  Sorry :3  I'll go ahead and add that in.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:44:28 PM by Monorail Cat »

Offline Bomb Squad

• Windows UserApple UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Winner of Worst VIP of 2013
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »
We need a TF2 server. We used to have one in the old days.

The best way to deal with your problems is to plant a C4 in close proximity to it.

Offline Fenix

• Your personal ZS guide & pro.
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »
I'm up for making a group for a RND CS:GO thingymajigger, as long as I get approval to make an official one.
(if not, fuck it we'll make it informal and go under a different alias.)

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 05:59:19 AM »
+3
Minecraft please. I crave for productive gameplay again.

Offline swampbuggy

• Respect: +1
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 07:50:30 AM »
Im no where near active anymore mostly because all i have is a desktop and i have a traveling job, but just something that i have ALWAYS wanted to play but has been too buggy and complicated, but me and a few of my friends have spent countless hours to get space build to work. It would be amazing if someone could smooth it out and give a proper tutorial on how to set it up and how to play. Just an openion though as i will only be playing maby one weekend a month at least until i can buy a laptop.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »
+1
Like I said in another thread, I think a nice way out of this problem is this: http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=3254.450

When that project was active the community was active as hell and if we get to finish that project we could get a fresh and new gamemode for our gmod servers.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Cryptokid

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• So I heard you like userbars
  • Respect: +211
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »
+1
I stopped playing mainly because ZS went away and I never really played too much stuff other than that to begin with. I would be totally up for vanilla minecraft again, but the only thing that would really motivate me to play would be if we continued using the old vanilla map.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 06:51:21 PM »
I stopped playing mainly because ZS went away and I never really played too much stuff other than that to begin with. I would be totally up for vanilla minecraft again, but the only thing that would really motivate me to play would be if we continued using the old vanilla map.

If this is done please as an opening a huter games event on minecraft.

Also taking out the old zs made a lot of players leave but there is nothing we can do about that anymore, when we tried to put the old zs again we didn't had the population on the servers that we had before.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 08:25:02 PM »
+2
I can't host minecraft right now, or more servers in general. Maybe in the future, who knows :)
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »
+1
It would cool if we had others members hosting 24/7 rNd servers, like snivy did in the past.

Would love to see WS and new ZS servers up as part of rNd.

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »