.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Monorail Cat on November 28, 2013, 07:54:43 PM

Title: Expanding Our Horizons: Addition of New Servers
Post by: Monorail Cat on November 28, 2013, 07:54:43 PM
Hey.  So, as many people here know, our community is discussing topics such as the "activity decline", removal of certain servers/gamemodes, and addition of new servers/gamemodes.  Well, I have noticed that there is not a direct thread addressing how we can solve all of this.  So, here you go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem:  Supposed "Activity Decline"

The solution:  We need more people!

To accomplish this, I suggest a few things. 
I think that just about sums up all of my ideas, and the ideas of others I know about.  I'm not AT ALL saying that ALL of this should be implemented, no, that's too much.  But I definitely feel like the following are the best opportunities, listed by importance (1&2 kinda tie):

I personally would love to see these ideas take action, especially in EVE: Online (A corp here would be nice, I want to get back into that game, and it would attract an entirely different playerbase) and Tribes: Ascend (I volunteer to lead that clan, assuming this all pulls through.  I love the game!)

So, in the end, all of this was thought up with the purpose of "expanding our horizons" and getting more people to join the community.  I don't want this to evolve into a "TTT SUX REMOVE IT" or "WHO THE HELL LIKES TF2" board.  This is not an argument board, it is a suggestion board.  We can discuss the benefits of everything, but please don't start fights.

AND REMEMBER:  I am NOT saying all of these ideas should be implemented, I'm just giving a bucket of ideas, and seeing where it goes.  It would be neat to see a lot of this stuff happen, but if it can't, oh well.  It's all an idea.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and please, reply with comments discussing these ideas. 
Title: Re: Expanding Our Horizons: Addition of New Servers
Post by: BJ_Cumstain on November 28, 2013, 08:19:40 PM
Well I like alot of the ideas, but there is one thing i'd like to state many members have left because they are tired of GMOD so I think we should try and stay away from alot of GMOD gamemodes. I do suggest bringing back minecraft and MAYBE a TF2 server since alot of people still play that regularly, and since the Fretta server still has regular population i do also agree on expanding maybe even including a point shop.
Post by: yoshi on November 28, 2013, 08:38:58 PM
where's cs:go
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on November 28, 2013, 08:41:01 PM
Vanilla minecraft would be good

or maybe Minecraft server with 3 faction only instead of everyone creating their own faction
Post by: Monorail Cat on November 28, 2013, 08:42:34 PM

That's pretty much included with CS:S/other games, and the part where I said [insert idea here].  That was pretty much for stuff like this.  I would love a CS:GO clan/server, I just didn't mention it.  Sorry :3  I'll go ahead and add that in.
Post by: Bomb Squad on November 28, 2013, 09:01:13 PM
We need a TF2 server. We used to have one in the old days.
Post by: Fenix on November 28, 2013, 10:57:37 PM
I'm up for making a group for a RND CS:GO thingymajigger, as long as I get approval to make an official one.
(if not, fuck it we'll make it informal and go under a different alias.)
Post by: TehHank on November 29, 2013, 05:59:19 AM
Minecraft please. I crave for productive gameplay again.
Post by: swampbuggy on November 29, 2013, 07:50:30 AM
Im no where near active anymore mostly because all i have is a desktop and i have a traveling job, but just something that i have ALWAYS wanted to play but has been too buggy and complicated, but me and a few of my friends have spent countless hours to get space build to work. It would be amazing if someone could smooth it out and give a proper tutorial on how to set it up and how to play. Just an openion though as i will only be playing maby one weekend a month at least until i can buy a laptop.
Post by: memo3300 on November 29, 2013, 11:56:45 AM
Like I said in another thread, I think a nice way out of this problem is this: http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=3254.450 (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=3254.450)

When that project was active the community was active as hell and if we get to finish that project we could get a fresh and new gamemode for our gmod servers.
Post by: Cryptokid on November 29, 2013, 12:15:55 PM
I stopped playing mainly because ZS went away and I never really played too much stuff other than that to begin with. I would be totally up for vanilla minecraft again, but the only thing that would really motivate me to play would be if we continued using the old vanilla map.
Post by: memo3300 on November 29, 2013, 06:51:21 PM
I stopped playing mainly because ZS went away and I never really played too much stuff other than that to begin with. I would be totally up for vanilla minecraft again, but the only thing that would really motivate me to play would be if we continued using the old vanilla map.

If this is done please as an opening a huter games event on minecraft.

Also taking out the old zs made a lot of players leave but there is nothing we can do about that anymore, when we tried to put the old zs again we didn't had the population on the servers that we had before.

Post by: coolzeldad on November 29, 2013, 08:25:02 PM
I can't host minecraft right now, or more servers in general. Maybe in the future, who knows :)
Post by: Tezuni on November 29, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
It would cool if we had others members hosting 24/7 rNd servers, like snivy did in the past.

Would love to see WS and new ZS servers up as part of rNd.
Post by: saivon on November 29, 2013, 10:09:07 PM
Post by: memo3300 on November 29, 2013, 10:23:16 PM
It would cool if we had others members hosting 24/7 rNd servers, like snivy did in the past.

Would love to see WS and new ZS servers up as part of rNd.

Snivy :(

Anyways, I had a lot of cool ideas for WS to make the game more objetive based because the gamemode itself was only to survive till the map changes or everyone gets bored of surviving and kill each other in a random death match wich made the people who still wanted to make buildings mad.

If someone wants to work on a new version of WS i'm totally in for anything related to that.

Also i'm totally in if someone wants to revive the zelda gamemode
Post by: Travelsonic on December 07, 2013, 06:35:02 PM
I miss the Sledbuild server, it was perhaps the best one I've ever played on.  It was largely stable, unlike most other servers you can't collide with other players and their props / props can't collide with one another, and the prop limit was not retardedly low... plus we had 2 maps, not one.  Sure, it sucked when there was a map change and it changed to the same one we were already on instead of either resetting rounds, or just alternating maps by default, but still... leagues better than any other I've been on since then.
Post by: Monorail Cat on December 07, 2013, 08:04:48 PM
I miss the Sledbuild server, it was perhaps the best one I've ever played on.  It was largely stable, unlike most other servers you can't collide with other players and their props / props can't collide with one another, and the prop limit was not retardedly low... plus we had 2 maps, not one.  Sure, it sucked when there was a map change and it changed to the same one we were already on instead of either resetting rounds, or just alternating maps by default, but still... leagues better than any other I've been on since then.

Wow, Sledbuild.  I totally forgot about this!  If possible, it would be a perfect addition to the Fretta server. 
Post by: Travelsonic on December 08, 2013, 12:50:58 AM
Wow, Sledbuild.  I totally forgot about this!  If possible, it would be a perfect addition to the Fretta server.

The other thing I missed about rNd's SB server:  960+ MPH BOX SLED!
Gmod: Sledbuild: Very Fast Sled [ rNd ] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh661czYhlI#)

Never been able to replicate that anywhere else, closest I got was 450-something on NeXuS' server.