Author Topic: Bioshock: Infinite  (Read 404 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Bioshock: Infinite
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
+3
I realize there has been discussion about this before, but since the release of it is coming so soon, I thought I make another. So I heard awhile back about this game when reading about it in a magazine, and I remembered it today while looking through some reviews. I did a lot of reading up on it, and I must say, I am really impressed with how it looks, and the storyline sounds pretty fantastic. I remember watching play-throughs of the other Bioshock games and I thought they were really interesting, but a little too dark for my taste. Something I really like about this new one is not only the fact it's not underwater (It might sound a lot different, but I like the feel a lot more. It is not quite as confining, and yet it is still basically a cage, since you are in the sky) but I also like how much brighter it is; one of the creators said "There doesn't need to be darkness, for darkness to be present" and I think this is very true. Even in the most beautiful of environments, evil things can be happening. I am pretty excited for its realize in March, and might actually get it, I am hoping it'll be as badass as it looks.
BioShock Infinite: 15 Minutes of Gameplay Footage [HD]
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
Re: Bioshock: Infinite
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »
I have to say the previous bio shock games to me were sort of iffy's and meh's but this one really seems like it is going to be really epic I like the game play style of it and the feel of it I might get it to kind of reminds me of Dishonored in a way.. not really that much though but yah this game seems legit.

Edit:Don't know why I put discoverd...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:24:46 PM by saivon »

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »
I am surprised how very little people are talking about Bioshock:I no longer being a scary game(or as scary as the other ones).  From the trailers, you can see how much more action is in Bioshock:I. Still it looks pretty good.

Currently playing there Bioshock for the first time. Having loads of fun with it.

( You really should have bought the amazon BIOSHOCK bundle. 5$ for Bioshock 1 AND 2! 2.50 a game yo!)
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »
CORVO!

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
So this game is rather mindfucking, but at the same time, super fucking amazing.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »
+2
I have an idea of understanding the ending!

▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
I have an idea of understanding the ending!

That is beautiful.

Offline pyrosheep

• the future is unwritten!
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Been waiting two years and I finally bought it like 2 hours ago, downloading now. So excited, maybe all those delays were worth it...
Quote from: Death M.D.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 07:29:58 PM »
Been waiting two years and I finally bought it like 2 hours ago, downloading now. So excited, maybe all those delays were worth it...
Most definitely.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 01:17:38 PM »
OK I've finished it. Amazing story telling, like that was such an amazing story. Walking around Colombia just the smallest things amazed me. Characters were great too, almost up their with Far Cry 3. The ending was definitely my favorite in any game. That was just so amazing.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »
+1
Just got done with it.

To me, it's a generic shooter with a cool atmosphere. A poor man's Half-Life 2

Elizabeth is a okay partner, even though they could've made her more valuable (not make her invincible, let her be able to shoot weapons.) I feel like she was a Disney princess reject with her looks and the fact that she was locked in a tower for most of her life.

I wish Booker had more of a back story, other than that he fought at Wounded Knee and got an gambling addiction that forced him to sell his daughter. There really wasn't much more to him, which is odd for an protagonist.

The enemies are somewhat easy to kill (I played on medium), until the end where the skill level rapidly shoots up. The outdoor fights were better than the indoor fights because the indoor fights had similar rooms almost everytime.

While some people praise the ending for being unique, I find it as a shallow, rushed 2deep4u ending. Irrational Games could've and should've made the ending make more sense. They'll probably fix it with the DLC's they'll be releasing. It's about as frustrating as the original Fallout 3 ending (Fallout 3's ending didn't have LODS OF TWISTS though.) It's babbys first attempt at a 2deep4u ending.

The game isn't worth buying right now, since it's really short (I beat it in around 9 hours.) If you REALLY want to buy the game, you should wait until there is a steam sale for it. It sure as hell isn't worth 60 dollars.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 6.5/10. It's not a bad game, but it's ludicrous to call it GOTY or give it a 10/10. You guy's should not trust metacritic, or any major gaming site for reviews anyway.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:50:28 PM by Tiger Guy »
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 05:13:05 PM »
+2
That twist at the end was really fucked up.

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:15 PM »
Just got done with it.

To me, it's a generic shooter with a cool atmosphere. A poor man's Half-Life 2

Elizabeth is a okay partner, even though they could've made her more valuable (not make her invincible, let her be able to shoot weapons.) I feel like she was a Disney princess reject with her looks and the fact that she was locked in a tower for most of her life.

I wish Booker had more of a back story, other than that he fought at Wounded Knee and got an gambling addiction that forced him to sell his daughter. There really wasn't much more to him, which is odd for an protagonist.

The enemies are somewhat easy to kill (I played on medium), until the end where the skill level rapidly shoots up. The outdoor fights were better than the indoor fights because the indoor fights had similar rooms almost everytime.

While some people praise the ending for being unique, I find it as a shallow, rushed 2deep4u ending. Irrational Games could've and should've made the ending make more sense. They'll probably fix it with the DLC's they'll be releasing. It's about as frustrating as the original Fallout 3 ending (Fallout 3's ending didn't have LODS OF TWISTS though.) It's babbys first attempt at a 2deep4u ending.

The game isn't worth buying right now, since it's really short (I beat it in around 9 hours.) If you REALLY want to buy the game, you should wait until there is a steam sale for it. It sure as hell isn't worth 60 dollars.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 6.5/10. It's not a bad game, but it's ludicrous to call it GOTY or give it a 10/10. You guy's should not trust metacritic, or any major gaming site for reviews anyway.
I bought it knowing that the gameplay wasn't going to be amazing, really only buying it because I knew that the story telling in the other Bioshocks was very impressive. I still don't think that gameplay was anything special, but the atmosphere and Colombia and how the story was told is why I really like it. I'm replaying it now and I'm just noticing the little things that hint to the ending.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »
+1
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained