Author Topic: why are most people that get -1ed all the time are passive aggressive about it  (Read 253 times)

Offline Ἆxule

Personally, I believe we should either have the ability to +1 and -1 people or not have the ability to do it at all. I could explain why, but it's 3am and I'm doing homework/staring at a blank screen.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
While -1s may stop some people from making stupid remarks it also discourages some to speak out their honest opinion and I know there was a respect-free board but there was only a minority threads made there. The title of this thread also highlights another downside of -1s.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
Eion returns and unknowingly brings back a new type of discussion with the respect system!

It's just that some people are serious about their respect level. I don't care too much about having a total number myself. I'd just want to know what posts of mine were agreeable or funny.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
Eion returns and unknowingly brings back a new type of discussion with the respect system!

It's just that some people are serious about their respect level. I don't care too much about having a total number myself. I'd just want to know what posts of mine were agreeable or funny.
I only like to -1 something when someone's going full blown retard or extremely offensive.
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
While -1s may stop some people from making stupid remarks it also discourages some to speak out their honest opinion.
Actually, I think we're at that point where we speak out about our honest opinions without worrying about -1's. Just people tend to hold onto grudges a bit too long for one screw-up.