.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Restricted (Read Only) => Übermensch Members => Topic started by: Tiger Guy on September 11, 2012, 04:32:00 AM

Title: why are most people that get -1ed all the time are passive aggressive about it
Post by: Tiger Guy on September 11, 2012, 04:32:00 AM
please tell me
Title: Re: why are most people that get -1ed all the time are passive aggressive about it
Post by: Samo on September 11, 2012, 05:22:05 AM
And it begins!
- People may really want to be approved here, or they press the "reply" button thinking that they will send a personal message. I don't really get it either.
Title: Re: why are most people that get -1ed all the time are passive aggressive about it
Post by: ·UηİŦ·· on September 11, 2012, 05:25:42 AM
please -1 me
Post by: Frank on September 11, 2012, 10:09:15 AM
>see my respect going up and down
>fucks given: 0
Post by: Rocket50 on September 11, 2012, 11:58:06 AM
It's because they aren't willing to gather the balls to call people out on it explicitly and instead express it implicitly
Post by: Supertoaster on September 11, 2012, 04:41:35 PM
You can -1 me rage at me and Spam in Threads where i Posts i dont give a fuck about that

Bitch me -1me rage at me you cant make me go mad

can death and you always fking -1 my posts cant you just stop huh and if you got something else 2 say pm me
 ps: all who downloaded this just downloaded and tell me on steam its awesome but they +1 this pots

- DarkRise
Post by: Supertoaster on September 11, 2012, 04:42:28 PM
AND

If you like it   this Post(with the + Next to Quote)
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on November 25, 2012, 02:05:51 PM
I wish we still could -1 people, there are so many things that deserve it. I actually hate only having the +1.

I also had a reccord of -1s going, it was in the 60s and rising going lower all the time. *sigh*
Post by: Prox on November 25, 2012, 02:25:23 PM
I wish we still could -1 people, there are so many things that deserve it. I actually hate only having the +1.

I also had a reccord of -1s going, it was in the 60s and rising going lower all the time. *sigh*
I don't see a reason to allow making people displeased. If there's a post that bothers you that much, you can simply reply to it or report it to admins.
Post by: Deacon on November 25, 2012, 02:36:37 PM

You weren't a record.
Post by: Lavenchie on November 25, 2012, 03:03:53 PM
You weren't a record.
Myppl was
R.I.P Sweet prince
Post by: Cake Faice on November 25, 2012, 03:12:59 PM
I don't see a reason to allow making people displeased. If there's a post that bothers you that much, you can simply reply to it or report it to admins.
-1's are a much nicer way of calling a person a full retard.
Post by: Sabb on November 25, 2012, 03:29:50 PM
I did actually really enjoy having -1's. I simply personally strongly appreciate feedback since you can't really expand without it. Having -1's was more of a decent way of showing that the person's doing something wrong by your standards. Yea sure, some people did abuse it which was pretty stupid but obviously you then just ignore those people. The overall sum of -1's and +1's doesn't matter to me, just the actual feedback part of it does.
And yea, what Cake Face said basically... Minus the full retard part.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on November 25, 2012, 09:49:47 PM
I did actually really enjoy having -1's. I simply personally strongly appreciate feedback since you can't really expand without it. Having -1's was more of a decent way of showing that the person's doing something wrong by your standards. Yea sure, some people did abuse it which was pretty stupid but obviously you then just ignore those people. The overall sum of -1's and +1's doesn't matter to me, just the actual feedback part of it does.
And yea, what Cake Face said basically... Minus the full retard part.
This, I also felt like it kind of made some people think twice about something before they posted something dumb. Now it's like there is no fear of negative outcome because there is none. Which isn't always a bad thing, butttt...
Post by: Tiger Guy on November 26, 2012, 04:30:46 AM
The fear of +1's and -1's in my opinion is that it would eventually turn this forum into another reddit; a place where only hiveminds and posts agreeing with the masses are +1'ed, and anything else protesting or disagreeing with the masses opinion is -1'ed.

Now I know that most people aren't that brainless, but it's a possibility.
Post by: Ἆxule on November 26, 2012, 04:36:39 AM
Personally, I believe we should either have the ability to +1 and -1 people or not have the ability to do it at all. I could explain why, but it's 3am and I'm doing homework/staring at a blank screen.
Post by: Prox on November 26, 2012, 05:31:17 AM
While -1s may stop some people from making stupid remarks it also discourages some to speak out their honest opinion and I know there was a respect-free board but there was only a minority threads made there. The title of this thread also highlights another downside of -1s.
Post by: Samo on November 26, 2012, 08:56:13 PM
Eion returns and unknowingly brings back a new type of discussion with the respect system!

It's just that some people are serious about their respect level. I don't care too much about having a total number myself. I'd just want to know what posts of mine were agreeable or funny.
Post by: Lavenchie on November 27, 2012, 03:29:48 PM
Eion returns and unknowingly brings back a new type of discussion with the respect system!

It's just that some people are serious about their respect level. I don't care too much about having a total number myself. I'd just want to know what posts of mine were agreeable or funny.
I only like to -1 something when someone's going full blown retard or extremely offensive.
Post by: Cake Faice on November 27, 2012, 04:20:53 PM
While -1s may stop some people from making stupid remarks it also discourages some to speak out their honest opinion.
Actually, I think we're at that point where we speak out about our honest opinions without worrying about -1's. Just people tend to hold onto grudges a bit too long for one screw-up.