Author Topic: Activity, activity, fucking activity.  (Read 322 times)

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

Re: Activity, activity, fucking activity.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »
I'll help if help is needed.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 05:58:03 AM »
At this point I do not see a single reason of why there shouldn't be any admin promotions. Without Snivy, there is no one to take care of reports, and I personally think the idea of giving some of the VIPs more power over others is terrible. If they are trusted enough to take care of the reports, then why can't they just simply be promoted to admins? Forums is not the only place where admins are needed either, in fact, they are much more necessary in game since it is much easier to deal with the trouble right here right now, other then looking at a report, besides every rule violation will never be reported. Now with Snivy not being able to play(assuming he won't have time) the only admin that still plays on the servers is Sabb and even if he would dedicate all of his play time just for the servers, it wouldn't be enough. This community needs new admin promotions as never before, so Coolz, I would like to encourage you to act now.

Offline YomoFox

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum MemberCat Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 09:06:59 AM »
i just want make sure things cleary

why i don't touch report is, its so many reports about TTT and i don't play TTT. i only plays sledbuild or wirebuild, or zombie survival.
so i'm not pro at TTT rules and i was thinking if i touch reports about like RDM, etc is making trouble...

and i try touch regs, but i heard not approving right now? because server not back?

i'm trying find something i can help but i think i'm super bad admin right now :(

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
i just want make sure things cleary

why i don't touch report is, its so many reports about TTT and i don't play TTT. i only plays sledbuild or wirebuild, or zombie survival.
so i'm not pro at TTT rules and i was thinking if i touch reports about like RDM, etc is making trouble...

I'd rather you not mess with something you're not completely sure with then attempt to and possibly punish someone who doesn't deserve it, ; )

and i try touch regs, but i heard not approving right now? because server not back?

The servers have been back for awhile now, so Regular applications and such are all back up.

i'm trying find something i can help but i think i'm super bad admin right now :(

Don't worry about it ; )

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »
On a side note, VIP activity is much better now then it was a few weeks ago, good job guys.

Offline YomoFox

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum MemberCat Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 09:39:40 PM »
The servers have been back for awhile now, so Regular applications and such are all back up.

wtf i didn't heard that

i'm going ddos

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:53 AM »
wtf i didn't heard that

i'm going ddos
omg ban
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 04:40:42 AM »
On a side note, VIP activity is much better now then it was a few weeks ago, good job guys.

I agree, we've had more VIP's playing on the servers then we have in awhile. Maybe since the Gmod 13 was released, maybe we will get new members too, along with more activity.

Also I know I'm a tad late, but if I can be of assistance to you Snivy, or anyone for that matter, feel free to ask. I know I don't do much, but I'd jump at the opportunity to actually fulfill the responsibilities I have be entrusted with as a VIP...
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:21 AM »
Always here to help!

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
I personally think the idea of giving some of the VIPs more power over others is terrible.

VIP's are not getting more power over others. I'm still the one giving out bans.

All they'd be doing is helping me by reviewing evidence and basically going "Yeah, he needs to be banned" or not, since loading up demos and stuff for 20+ reports would take hours for me to do alone.

The reason why I was asking was becuase I wanted to see if people agreed on who they'd feel most comfortable doing this. I already decided on Deacon, and Alkaline if he's able/willing. Unit too, maybe.

As to the others who said they're willing, I appreciate it, but honestly if I know you well enough, I already know you're willing to help. I'm still the one handing out bans, so in a way, I'm being biased about who I have do this for me.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
VIP's are not getting more power over others. I'm still the one giving out bans.
The reason why I was asking was becuase I wanted to see if people agreed on who they'd feel most comfortable doing this. I already decided on Deacon, and Alkaline if he's able/willing. Unit too, maybe.

As to the others who said they're willing, I appreciate it, but honestly if I know you well enough, I already know you're willing to help. I'm still the one handing out bans, so in a way, I'm being biased about who I have do this for me.
You contradict your self. You want to select a few VIPs out of everyone which means that those few selected get more authority over the others since they are allowed to make judgement on the reports and others don't. Instead of this, why can't those few selected people just be promoted to admin? As I have already said, we need more admins, especially in-game, and if they are trusted to handle reports, then I think they would do great as admins, especially now.
   I also feel disappointed that I'm not being considered as one of those who could help approve reports, after all, I keep making reports on a daily basis and I made a whole rule list mostly on my own. Is there something that I need to improve?

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
You contradict your self. You want to select a few VIPs out of everyone which means that those few selected get more authority over the others since they are allowed to make judgement on the reports and others don't.
I never contradicted myself.

Nobody is getting more authority. I'm the one actually banning people.

The reason why I only want to select a couple people is because I don't like some of the other VIP's decision making skills. I'm only picking people who I personally trust. The only purpose of this thread was to see if others had a problem with that, which so far, you're the only one.

Instead of this, why can't those few selected people just be promoted to admin?
Because I don't control who gets promoted to admin, and the ones that I do want promoted, I've already voted for them and given them my support.

I also feel disappointed that I'm not being considered as one of those who could help approve reports, after all, I keep making reports on a daily basis and I made a whole rule list mostly on my own. Is there something that I need to improve?

Yeah, you need to stop acting like a self-entitled cunt, and fix your god damn attitude. You say and do things without thinking, and when you're confronted about certain issues, you get defensive and try to pin the blame on others. You're EXACTLY like Jman.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 10:40:19 AM »
I never contradicted myself.

Nobody is getting more authority. I'm the one actually banning people.

The reason why I only want to select a couple people is because I don't like some of the other VIP's decision making skills. I'm only picking people who I personally trust. The only purpose of this thread was to see if others had a problem with that, which so far, you're the only one.
Well, I think that when some VIPs can and some VIPs can't approve reports then it's giving more power to some VIPs. But I do understand why you would want that, I myself would trust some of the VIPs decisions more then others.

Yeah, you need to stop acting like a self-entitled cunt, and fix your god damn attitude.
Okay now, really, was calling me a self-entitled cunt really necessary? Yeah, I did it in the past for some time, but now I don't imply that my opinion is superior over others.

You say and do things without thinking
To me it seems that you are exaggerating. I'm not saying all of my decisions were well thought out, but I believe most of them were and when it comes to keeping servers clear, I do believe I know what to do. If not, I request assistance from others.

and when you're confronted about certain issues, you get defensive and try to pin the blame on others. You're EXACTLY like Jman.
I admit, in that thread about AB I did that, but it doesn't mean that I can't improve, but never forget that some things may look different from someone else's perspective.

Also I do believe I should mention that I do enjoy participating in discussions that I have something to say or if I think something others are saying is wrong.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 11:32:19 AM »
To anyone watching, you'd better get some popcorn, you're in for a long ride.

Well, I think that when some VIPs can and some VIPs can't approve reports then it's giving more power to some VIPs. But I do understand why you would want that, I myself would trust some of the VIPs decisions more then others.
For the last time, they don't get more power.

Think about it this way, if I ask one (A) of two children (A and B) to bring me my keys from another room, does that mean one has more power than the other because he's tasked with bringing me my keys? I'm only choosing A because he's more reliable than B, and I'll probably get my keys back without a problem. If I asked B to do it, then I'd probably wait longer or never see my keys again.

If we threw the equivalent of admin in this scenario, not only would I be asking the child to bring me my keys, they'd also be going to the car, starting the ignition, and driving off.

You're comparing a full privilege to a simple favor. They're not getting admin, nor do they have any sort of admin power. They're only going over evidence and confirming weather or not it's legitimate. That's it.

Okay now, really, was calling me a self-entitled cunt really necessary? Yeah, I did it in the past for some time, but now I don't imply that my opinion is superior over others.

In a way, it was, since you seem to respond best whenever insults are thrown. I was talking about how pretty much all your arguments usually end with "I deserve be admin".

To me it seems that you are exaggerating. I'm not saying all of my decisions were well thought out, but I believe most of them were and when it comes to keeping servers clear, I do believe I know what to do. If not, I request assistance from others.

That's fine and all, but you tend to jump the gun waaaaaaaaay more than someone should. I'm not saying all your actions are like that, but a good sum of them are. You're impulsive, and have a really bad attitude in general.

I admit, in that thread about AB I did that, but it doesn't mean that I can't improve, but never forget that some things may look different from someone else's perspective.

I never said you couldn't improve, but you really haven't done anything to prove you have.

I should also mention Jman always said the same thing too. He'd constantly say he could change, and to give him a chance. It was only after his fiftieth that some action was finally taken.

Also I do believe I should mention that I do enjoy participating in discussions that I have something to say or if I think something others are saying is wrong.

Opinions and facts aren't even on the same spectrum. Don't try to act like they are.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
To anyone watching, you'd better get some popcorn, you're in for a long ride.