Nay or yay to a short trial period?

Nay
11 (30.6%)
Yay
18 (50%)
I have a better idea
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Regular/VIP  (Read 1053 times)

Offline HideoKojima

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +489
Re: Regular/VIP
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
>I don't like versus
>I only play L4D2 MLG Expert Realism
>I was never in this open circle of L4D2 Players
>I got admin

Your logic is flawed, sir.

To be fair though, you got your stuff a year ago. :p And maybe the L4D2 thing wasn't even there? I can't really comment on that since I wasn't there. It could be different now but I honestly wouldn't know.

VIPs make mistakes. VIPs just as everyone else might go afk for certain reasons. VIPs cannot be on all the time. It might be hard for 1 VIP to keep track of everything. VIPs just like everyone else get bored of things. VIPs just like everyone else have their troubles and other things in life. VIPs live in many different locations and not all are able to get on by the time the servers go up. VIPs just like everyone else might want to relax after a hard day, therefore managing servers may be too irritating at that certain moment. VIPs just like everyone else want to have fun too. Demoting VIPs for inactivity would decrease the chance of having one on, not by much but it would possibly add up eventually. 

I understand all of that, and I'm all for that they should have fun. But isn't getting a VIP a sign that you have a little duty towards the servers? I mean months of being active maybe they should be demoted because there are others who deserve it a lot more. Yes, I know that the amount of VIP is not limited at all, but with there being less VIPs I imagine they would be more open to get more VIPs. Hope that makes some kind of sense, I wasn't sure how to properly word that lol.

>People who overtime spent large amounts of their time on the forums, servers and Etc. being friendly and buliding up friendships with others in the community who which after earning the trust that they can be VIP submit an application. Everyone agrees and that person lives up to their role.

>People who just quickly try to apply regular and soon afterwards try to apply for VIP even though they recieve generally negative feedback and try to sound as if their the the new "sliced bread" of the Forums, servers etc. They also think that any VIP is inactive for 2-3 weeks mean that they have to be demoted immediately.

>spend time with VIPs
>get promoted
Sounds about right. I just want to point out a BS part on your end. "Everyone agrees and that person lives up to their role." No, not everyone. Only VIPs, so those are the ONLY people you need to win approval from. I really wish regulars got a say in VIP and ADMIN applications. I mean are they not also part of the server? They make up most of it, I think they should get a say in what happens. As Dark pointed out, some people change when VIPs are around. Maybe they are the best person in the world when a VIP is around but when they leave, they change. So obviously to VIPs they look great, but maybe not to regulars. But that doesn't matter, there is no need to win the regulars approval. It's only the VIPs that matter after all when trying to go for VIP.

As for your second post, I don't have much to say as it was pretty much just a jab towards me, though I can't be bitter towards that seeing as I did the same with my L4D2 comment in the previous post lol.
Though I will talk about the 2-3 weeks thing you tried to mention. No, the people have been inactive for months on the servers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure why you said names, but meh your call. I don't have proof. It was months ago. I could get back up from other people maybe, but I don't recall who was in the games, as it was months ago. Also I have no reason to lie. It does me no good, it benefits me in no way.

Towards your spoiler.
I agree to it all. Which is exactly why more people should become VIP, which has been happening but a lot of the people being selected aren't even very active, which is why I bugged the shit out of Kahuana to sign up for VIP lol.
 And you are right, I'll eventually grow bored of the game, but I'd like to make the game as enjoyable as possible for me and to others until that time happens.

what's that supposed to mean?
Also Hideo, I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but you aren't the one for the job. Don't turn this thread into your "I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR VIP OMG IM IN THE TOP 10 ARE YOU KIDDING ME" thread.

I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but I think you aren't the one for the job. I fixed that sentence for you. Made it an opinion which is what it should be, because it isn't a fact.
*Insert witty comment here*

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2012, 02:06:31 PM »
I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but I think you aren't the one for the job. I fixed that sentence for you. Made it an opinion which is what it should be, because it isn't a fact.

Er...

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
I dont think your trying hard enough

Offline pyrosheep

• the future is unwritten!
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
Yeah no it's a fact.
Quote from: Death M.D.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline whagman

• Respect: +34
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »
+1
Yeah no it's a fact.

What's your beef with hideo man? Every topic i see him post on you post talking shit on him. pls explain

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »
What's your beef with hideo man? Every topic i see him post on you post talking shit on him. pls explain
I don't have a problem with him ingame, but on the forums he just acts like an idiot.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:35 PM »
+2
To be fair though, you got your stuff a year ago. :p And maybe the L4D2 thing wasn't even there? I can't really comment on that since I wasn't there. It could be different now but I honestly wouldn't know.

• L4D2 Thing? Does this kind of bullshit go around with you guys on the servers? We play L4D2 together because we are all friends. We have been for (some of us) years now. This isn't new, and L4D2 has nothing to do with promotions. Its just friends playing a game, and if you don't believe me, thats on you. Do not try to jab at things you are not certain are true. You end up looking like Mitt Romney.

I understand all of that, and I'm all for that they should have fun. But isn't getting a VIP a sign that you have a little duty towards the servers? I mean months of being active maybe they should be demoted because there are others who deserve it a lot more. Yes, I know that the amount of VIP is not limited at all, but with there being less VIPs I imagine they would be more open to get more VIPs. Hope that makes some kind of sense, I wasn't sure how to properly word that lol.

• You said it yourself. The amount of VIPs are not limited at all. But we do not promote players we do not think can handle it, players that we do not know well, players we don't feel we can trust, etc.

Also, we used to demote based on inactivity. They all reapplied and were accepted again, so we no longer do that. If we had problems with those VIPs, demotions are discussed as they are about every other player.

>spend time with VIPs
>get promoted
Sounds about right. I just want to point out a BS part on your end. "Everyone agrees and that person lives up to their role." No, not everyone. Only VIPs, so those are the ONLY people you need to win approval from. I really wish regulars got a say in VIP and ADMIN applications. I mean are they not also part of the server? They make up most of it, I think they should get a say in what happens. As Dark pointed out, some people change when VIPs are around. Maybe they are the best person in the world when a VIP is around but when they leave, they change. So obviously to VIPs they look great, but maybe not to regulars. But that doesn't matter, there is no need to win the regulars approval. It's only the VIPs that matter after all when trying to go for VIP.

• Up until a short time ago, VIPs couldn't even post on other VIPs applications. It was all admin only. Coolz agreed to let us discuss the promotions publicly to help relieve some of that pressure from the few active admins we have left. That being said, you can, at any time, message any VIP or Admin with your concerns about an applicant. That is why they are posted publicly. That is a decision that coolz has made, and is not likely to change without his doing.

As for your second post, I don't have much to say as it was pretty much just a jab towards me, though I can't be bitter towards that seeing as I did the same with my L4D2 comment in the previous post lol.
Though I will talk about the 2-3 weeks thing you tried to mention. No, the people have been inactive for months on the servers.

• See above.

Not sure why you said names, but meh your call. I don't have proof. It was months ago. I could get back up from other people maybe, but I don't recall who was in the games, as it was months ago. Also I have no reason to lie. It does me no good, it benefits me in no way.

Towards your spoiler.
I agree to it all. Which is exactly why more people should become VIP, which has been happening but a lot of the people being selected aren't even very active, which is why I bugged the shit out of Kahuana to sign up for VIP lol.
 And you are right, I'll eventually grow bored of the game, but I'd like to make the game as enjoyable as possible for me and to others until that time happens.

• I understand your point, but you have to understand as well; We will never have enough trusted members to see everything that occurs. We won't be able to keep up with every single RDM, every accused ghoster, hacker, traitor-buddy giveaway, spammer, namechanger, DDOSer, and scripter. It just can't happen. The only way you can try to keep the game enjoyable is to take action the ways that you can; Calling admins, calling VIPs, working with your fellow players to write reports, etc. There will always be a time when there are no VIPs online, and you will have to deal with it the same way then. Why not now?

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:23 AM »
Well we could rant on and on about how noone can control every event, that alot of the vips are inactive, or that there are prospective options that haven't been ironed out but it wont get us anywhere. Even my idea of making a sub reg rank with votekick added has it's own issues (mostly due to people who insta vote yes)... But this is an ideas thread of what might help quell the influx of idiots kinda... in my view atleast.  It's not that anyone's opinion is right or wrong it's that we may have to start looking at what's the most controllable option assuming it gets worse.
a little rant:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dont complain that you cant do anything about problems cause on this server you're lucky enough that anyone can via reporting/ calling someone in I dont know how many servers I've gotten mad at for setting the bar so low that any derpy idiot can become admin without knowing how to enforce rules/ think for themselves. Or just having literaly 2 rules don't hack and don't ddos. Sure alot of these servers are chill but they empty out fast when minges join/ "admins" (retards with power is more like it) abuse.

As regs your job is kinda to call vip's/ admins over to handle ongoing issues and be ready to report the user in question should it be necessary. example: vip's/ admins not responding or offline = get proof and report. If they are available get proof and be ready to show proof if necessary.

As Vip's it really comes down to deciding whether whats happening warrants your capabilities if it requires greater get proof, make report, and voteban player. Usually repeat offenders and problem causers. Hackers, ghosters, and ddosers are upper tier work meaning get proof contact admin and report.
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Castle

• Respect: +19
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2012, 06:41:06 AM »
what's that supposed to mean?
Also Hideo, I know you're just trying to help out the server and everything by applying for VIP, but you aren't the one for the job. Don't turn this thread into your "I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR VIP OMG IM IN THE TOP 10 ARE YOU KIDDING ME" thread.

It was a joke and you're right about Hideo.

Offline ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ

• Windows UserLinux UserCat LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +379
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2012, 09:56:40 PM »
Yeah no it's a fact.
*facedesk*
You're being stupid as me
Never
Be
That
Stupid.

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »
*facedesk*
You're being stupid as me
Never
Be
That
Stupid.
I know it's not actually a fact, I'm just trying to make a point.

AND FYI, I'm not saying he won't be a good VIP to make me look any better. I would be a shit VIP and would never want it. So please don't think that.

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »
Just promote everyone one to admin and let's see what happens.

Or just add a slay system for the vip's and some reg's who are trust worthy.

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »
Just promote everyone one to admin and let's see what happens.

Or just add a slay system for the vip's and some reg's who are trust worthy.

Giving it to VIP's was pushing it, but Regular's?

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
some reg's who are trust worthy.

If they're trustworthy they would already be VIP (assuming they made an app anyways)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »
+1
If they're trustworthy they would already be VIP (assuming they made an app anyways)

Just because somebody is trustworthy doesn't mean they are VIP or vice versa.

Ahhh, gotta fight the temptation to interject some boolean logic, and some of the shit I learned in discrete mathematics into this.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface: