Author Topic: oh god these newfags  (Read 346 times)

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
Re: oh god these newfags
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35:24 PM »
I doubt it but still, there isn't THAT many TTT servers, and RND's is one of the more populated when it's online. So yeah, newbies can find it somewhat easily.

Seannanners and a bunch of other LP crap content creators decided to play TTT and be completely shit at it, and their fanbase consisting of 11 year olds decided it was fun to be shit as well

Edit: Actually, it's not completely fair to blame the LPers as the sole reason for the influx of retards onto the server just because they played it for fun and wanted to upload it for their viewers.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:02:34 PM by Rocket50 »

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 11:08:25 PM »
Seannanners and a bunch of other LP crap content creators decided to play TTT and be completely shit at it, and their fanbase consisting of 11 year olds decided it was fun to be shit as well

Edit: Actually, it's not completely fair to blame the LPers as the sole reason for the influx of retards onto the server just because they played it for fun and wanted to upload it for their viewers.
I still mis l0rd vega, he was a good lper

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »
It's stupid to blame every new and potentially bad player on youtubers... Very few people I have seen in-game actually say that they bought gmod and decided to play ttt and fuck around simply because of some youtube idiots. There has always been a lot of new crappy players, people just really try way too hard to find something to blame that on.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Astropilot

• Infinitus Tabula Rasa
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• A little bit morass
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 12:47:04 PM »
It's stupid to blame every new and potentially bad player on youtubers... Very few people I have seen in-game actually say that they bought gmod and decided to play ttt and fuck around simply because of some youtube idiots. There has always been a lot of new crappy players, people just really try way too hard to find something to blame that on.

It's like buying Arma 2 just for DayZ.

Inspirational quotes don't do jack until you do something yourself

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 12:51:14 PM »

Which is what I did. Is that a bad thing?

Offline Astropilot

• Infinitus Tabula Rasa
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• A little bit morass
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
Which is what I did. Is that a bad thing?

No but it sure is a waste of the rest of Arma 2

Inspirational quotes don't do jack until you do something yourself

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 12:58:06 PM »

How can you waste something which the mod relies on to function properly?

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
That's really not relevant to what I'm saying and... there's no problem with that lol...

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 02:12:02 PM »
I got DayZ when Snivy first told about it and I still play regular arma 2 SP and MP.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »
How can you waste something which the mod relies on to function properly?
You do realize every non-dayZ Arma II server is competely overshadowed and overrun by the 100's of DayZ servers, right? There are rarely any other gamemodes that are populated.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 02:24:28 PM »
You do realize every non-dayZ Arma II server is competely overshadowed and overrun by the 100's of DayZ servers, right? There are rarely any other gamemodes that are populated.
I manage to find 1-2 servers and they have pretty fun people. Teamwork ftw.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
It's stupid to blame every new and potentially bad player on youtubers...

And of course, as I think I have mentioned before...

Wait for it...

NOBODY IS DOING THAT

Christ, there is a difference between needlessly berating a player who is genuinely new to the game mode, and genuinely in need of help getting the hang od things - WHICH IS NOT what is going on here - and the people who come on and act like trolling faggots.  We have had new players who learned the ropes, and make a home.  Being new to the gamemode is NOT the issue at hand. 

Very few people I have seen in-game actually say that they bought gmod and decided to play ttt and fuck around simply because of some youtube idiots. [/quotes]

Um... ok?

What does that prove or disproe?
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
And of course, as I think I have mentioned before...

Wait for it...

NOBODY IS DOING THAT

Christ, there is a difference between needlessly berating a player who is genuinely new to the game mode, and genuinely in need of help getting the hang od things - WHICH IS NOT what is going on here - and the people who come on and act like trolling faggots.  We have had new players who learned the ropes, and make a home.  Being new to the gamemode is NOT the issue at hand. 

Very few people I have seen in-game actually say that they bought gmod and decided to play ttt and fuck around simply because of some youtube idiots.

Um... ok?

What does that prove or disproe?
I really can't believe I have to point this out. I'm saying that I don't think there are nearly as many players joining from youtube and causing havoc or even simply joining due to youtube than you all seem to think or want to believe. That line is saying that from what I know from my experiences and... common sense... I feel that people are exaggerating, which is understandable, but still exaggerating.
And there's a reason I didn't quote anyone in that post. I wasn't saying anyone in this specific thread had that exact view, but I do think most people are still exaggerating. Just not quite to that degree.

But to show you where I'm coming from, please read through this thread:

http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,14017.msg190103/topicseen.html#new

Dude, fuck you. Seriously. You're an asshole. Stop thinking you're such a fucking god because you played TTT before all these people came on. Get off your high horse and learn to understand that people want to play gmod TTT to have FUN. Not to be yelled at by some self righteous asshole who thinks that they are peasants compared to you. They saw a game, they bought it to play it, That's all this is. Same thing happened with DayZ. All the people I've seen coming on the server from YouTube have actually been very nice. You and a bunch of other people on the other hand have just been downright immature about the situation. Not only  have you scared away all the people who actually BOUGHT the game to PLAY it, but you're making all of us look like you. And that's not fair. If you're going to go and bitch about this, do it somewhere else, not on the forums. Nobody cares.

You care enough to reply. <3 

"All the people I've seen coming on the server from YouTube have actually been very nice." Oh? So all the trolls, ghosters, and RDMers(though I guess this would count as a troll as well) don't exist right? I guess I was just imagining it. :/

Please, me posting this stuff isn't directed specifically at one person and definitely not you as you've hardly posted here. So don't take what I say so negatively or personally. No need to assault me with bold size 18 text.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:04:28 PM by Sabb »

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »

I haven't played dayz in about 2 months now because I've been playing normal arma.
And I don't see that. I see a few of the same tired ass domination servers though.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »
This thread is way late. There has been a shitstorm of newfags for almost a month now. I have seen at least ~30 people get an achievement for playing on a server for the first time in the last four to five weeks, I think it's called "Playing Around".

These pricks came from TTT videos about people griefing, ghosting, and dicking around. SNG's been flooded with them lately and there has been a massive spike in temp bans on their end. It's calmed down lately and by referring people to the F1 tutorial and explaining the roles I've had an easier time. Unfortunately there are still plenty of people who just refuse to even listen and just keep killing players.

It ticks me off because A: I have to sit out rounds because I was killed and my killer quit, B: The Traitor may do nothing and I have to wait for the round to Time out out as a dead player, and C: I loose my Traitor rounds.

Fortunately I have other games and it is not the shitstorm it once was.

EDIT: I'd like to say that I have personally asked every player who got that achievement (along with plenty of others) where they heard of Garry's Mod. A large portion of them said youtube. I did not notice any relationship between intentional rule-breakers and new people, but it has been a pain to teach the new people and I get tired of it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:24:22 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.