¿What do you prefer?

Old ZS
22 (38.6%)
New Zs
17 (29.8%)
I like the old, but i have no problem in trying the new
18 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Old ZS VS New ZS?  (Read 856 times)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
Re: Old ZS VS New ZS?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 04:42:31 AM »
I liked the feeling and the challenge old ZS gave. You needed knowledge and all sorts of skills.
>challenge
>old ZS
pick one

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 04:51:42 AM »
>challenge
>old ZS
pick one

I'm still going to say that old ZS had more individual skill requirements. New ZS might have more team-based system. That's why I like old one more. If there is one guy with cade kit, he can turn the whole gameplay around for favor of survivors. Or there might be a zombie that is very good at goomba-stomping and knows the maps very well to know where survivors usually are.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »
I'm still going to say that old ZS had more individual skill requirements. New ZS might have more team-based system. That's why I like old one more. If there is one guy with cade kit, he can turn the whole gameplay around for favor of survivors. Or there might be a zombie that is very good at goomba-stomping and knows the maps very well to know where survivors usually are.
>old ZS
>individual skill requirements
pick one

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
My biggest hate against the new ZS is the new hit detection. Most of us have very high ping, which makes it very hard to hit opposite side. Now it just seems way too easy... But that's really my own stupidity.
That sounds like youre complaining about it being fair.
Old ZS still had that prepare and save up for the later rounds or you are screwed feeling. You would have to fight the other survivors for those very important kills. And melee killing was basically an art. You might get goomba'd by a headcrab or the zombie might actually hit you and when it hits you once, it will hit you again. It just always happened to me...

I liked the feeling and the challenge old ZS gave. You needed knowledge and all sorts of skills.[/size]

The new ZS is harder. The percentage of humans winning on average is around 5%. And the feelings about, oh shit I'm screwed? That's completely subjective and irrelevant. In the new ZS, you fight for kills too, except now it actually distributes by assists and not just kill steals.

And about melee, you CAN kill headcrabs with melee weapons and they CAN hit you back because of improved hit detection. That's not a downside, that's fair. You feel like going face up against a zombie to smack it around? Good. It can smack you around too.

THERE IS AMMO REGEN. Stop saying there isn't because you havent played enough to see it. It's in the form of ammo crates and it client-side refreshes every certain interval for you to pick it up on your gun of choice.

When you plan to buy a new weapon, instead of whining how you spent all of your money to buy a gun and no ammo, how about simply saving extra for ammo? It's not that hard to plan a few points ahead. And if you run out of ammo? Fine, you ran out of ammo. It's ZS, ammo isnt suppose to be everywhere for you  to pick up.

>Bad example of teamwork
>Uses tf2 as a counter-point

LOL. No one is consciously thinking, OH HEY, I WANT TO HELP THE TEAM, they want kills, points, and to do the overall objective. And if you get confused about which game I am talking about, good, because it applies to both. From what I understand you're saying we shouldnt try new things because we would have to learn them and it would be very hard. That's completely anti-progression. And, the old ZS has noobs who can't cade too. Except now, when a tard cades horribly, you can actually remove their nails, pack up their boards, and remove anything you think shouldnt be there. If anything, the new ZS has a greater tolerance for undoing retarded shit
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:29:26 AM by Rocket50 »

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
And about melee, you CAN kill headcrabs with melee weapons and they CAN hit you back because of improved hit detection. That's not a downside, that's fair. You feel like going face up against a zombie to smack it around? Good. It can smack you around too.

:S I had no problem attacking humans in old zs being a headcrap... I actually got most of my kills being a headcrap...

Offline Cryptokid

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• So I heard you like userbars
  • Respect: +211
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »

:S I had no problem attacking humans in old zs being a headcrap... I actually got most of my kills being a headcrap...

This. And now for rocket. To start with ammo regen, not everyone actually buys an ammo crate each round and they are no where near as good as ammo regen.

Next melees. Indeed you can melee headcrabs (hard to do) and zombies, but there is no point if you are going to loose a third of your health every time you try.

Also, this thread is making it evidently clear that one side is not likely to convince the other and vice versa.

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »
That sounds like youre complaining about it being fair.

Yes, that's what I meant. We all like to kill zombies easily while for zombies it's hard to kill survivors. Like I said, it's stupid.
Bad detection with high ping = advantage for survivors = stupid but still fun as survivor

From what I understand you're saying we shouldnt try new things because we would have to learn them and it would be very hard. That's completely anti-progression.

No. I said I'm still going to try it out. But if it doesn't feel anything like ZS, I'm not going to play.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
+1
Hey

Hey guys

Hey, guys, listen.

Remember that "classic mode" perk we kept talking about?

...why don't we just make that?

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »
Hey

Hey guys

Hey, guys, listen.

Remember that "classic mode" perk we kept talking about?

...why don't we just make that?
Instead of mentioning it, let's make it.
So we can see how it will turn out and if people will enjoy it.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Instead of mentioning it, let's make it.
So we can see how it will turn out and if people will enjoy it.

We'd need some of the older code though.

I wouldn't know how to make the ammo regeneration shit, auto-weapon upgrade and stuff.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Cryptokid

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• So I heard you like userbars
  • Respect: +211
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2012, 05:27:19 PM »
We'd need some of the older code though.

I wouldn't know how to make the ammo regeneration shit, auto-weapon upgrade and stuff.

Put this in and I will reconsider my current thoughts on new zs.

Offline triggerhappy

• Respect: 0
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
I don't know why you consider new zs a challenge because the time i spend playing on nox all I had to do to survive was hide inside there cade. They make it right away and most of the noobs who have an hours worth of experience just run behind it for protection. The people who don't know anything about new zs and run outside die almost right away unless they manage to make it back to the cade. So its basically have a boring time up until the number of zombies reaches a good size or getting killed trying to run around and melee zombies. Prox and Alk keep sarcastically claiming (for the past 4 days almost nonstop) that old zs is so easy but the majority of the time humans lose, how can you claim its not a challenge when you cant survive a single game. And hiding behind the cade shooting into the exact same spot isn't difficult and if you guys think its a challenge then you are bad. Obviously v3.0 has its ups but personally i think old zs is better and more fun. Also keep in mind that if rnd does choose to implement v3 unless you nerf the fast zombies and headcrabs you cant run outside and even when you do nerf them its going to be alot harder with the improved hitbox. In v2 they work fine sure they don't always hit but people still die and i have seen people redeam 2 times in one game. Sure people complain about it but you don't see them complain when they are human. If v3 goes into effect no more deathmaps, no more feartower, aoelis, maze (unless you run into that tower at the other side of maze but even then its almost impossible as soon as the windows and boards are broken), and I know there are other maps but I cant think of them at the moment. And there is alot of teamwork in old zs. If you get nades you give them to someone else so they can have a cade kit. People don't hog all the hp so other people can use them and they give people there weapons because they got new ones. They all help make the cade so you cant say old zs has no teamwork its very hard to survive on your own against 20 zombies. Unless of course you make a sky cade and even then its almost impossible but there is a rule for that now so its not a problem (thank you alk and prox).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:19:10 PM by triggerhappy »

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
In the old zs most of times are the zombies the ones who win... The gamemode difficulty itself depends on the maps.

Some people claim that it is way to easy and it has no teamwork... but there are maps that shows otherwise.

i think that the best example of this is zs_clav_pillar.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 02:08:26 AM »
I don't know why you consider new zs a challenge because the time i spend playing on nox all I had to do to survive was hide inside there cade. They make it right away and most of the noobs who have an hours worth of experience just run behind it for protection. The people who don't know anything about new zs and run outside die almost right away unless they manage to make it back to the cade. So its basically have a boring time up until the number of zombies reaches a good size or getting killed trying to run around and melee zombies.
Please re-read the thread.

Prox and Alk keep sarcastically claiming (for the past 4 days almost nonstop) that old zs is so easy but the majority of the time humans lose, how can you claim its not a challenge when you cant survive a single game.

You mean 2 days? Even so, what's so bad about it? And hell I guess surviving 7 waves without doing much shit is sure is a bad score.

And hiding behind the cade shooting into the exact same spot isn't difficult and if you guys think its a challenge then you are bad.
Did I said it was a challenge? But still most of the times it's a bigger challenge then the old zs can give.

And there is alot of teamwork in old zs. If you get nades you give them to someone else so they can have a cade kit. People don't hog all the hp so other people can use them and they give people there weapons because they got new ones. They all help make the cade so you cant say old zs has no teamwork its very hard to survive on your own against 20 zombies.

Lol that sure is a lot of team work.

Unless of course you make a sky cade and even then its almost impossible but there is a rule for that now so its not a problem (thank you alk and prox).
To continue getting mad, please visit
Code: [Select]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9B35rfOdn8&
Also: >using "noob"
I remember when I was 12.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:11:35 AM by Prox »

Offline triggerhappy

• Respect: 0
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »
I stated my opinion and I did make it kind of personal too and im sorry. After 4 days of you guys sarcastically calling people scrubs and sarcastically claiming the server takes no skill I admit to getting kind of mad because i did get annoying. Next time ill just mute you.