¿What do you prefer?

Old ZS
22 (38.6%)
New Zs
17 (29.8%)
I like the old, but i have no problem in trying the new
18 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Old ZS VS New ZS?  (Read 851 times)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
Re: Old ZS VS New ZS?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
If anything, playing as a human should be hard, if it's hard to play as a zombie people will rage quit and if it's hard to play as a human it's still enjoyable because you can shoot zombies, make cades, heal etc. In the new Zs both teams can do damage to each other and there are no more boring 30 minute rounds for the zombies.

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »
If anything, playing as a human should be hard, if it's hard to play as a zombie people will rage quit and if it's hard to play as a human it's still enjoyable because you can shoot zombies, make cades, heal etc. In the new Zs both teams can do damage to each other and there are no more boring 30 minute rounds for the zombies.
This. If you're a zombie in the new zs, you'll be saying "Yes! I broke 2 planks!" rather than saying "Fuck! I can't get near their cade!"
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 03:24:22 PM »
+1
My eyes burned trying to read all of that.

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 05:00:11 PM »
This newer version is horrible. Why you might ask? I am very fine with the new mechanics it has. Like having to time your melee, having to find a hallway in which to cade, having to cade things mostly vertical, having to group as zombies, having to make sure to always repair nails, having to ask those retarded noobs your teamates to do something like, ask for a bit of ammo so you can get 1 more point to get more ammo, or a new weapon, or nails or something. But, with these game mechanics, what map does something that was created for 2.01 do we have? We have been making maps for years, made specifically for the mechanics of zs 2.01. Now ofcourse, the maps we made, usually had something game breaking to zs 2.01. But that was it, it was the map that made the mechanics exploitable, not the game mode itself. zs 2.01 was about gun run, it was to not have to care about teamwork. Now why should i like something that is pretty much the complete opposite of zs 2.01... but still using the same maps? Maps that have major cading spots using blue shelves will be ruined (like ascent, tripple decker etc). Maps that had gun run spots and had cading done primarily in the vents, are obsolete, they wont work, because this new version focuses on cading. If you don't have a good spot on a map to barricade, then it is hopeless; sometimes it doesn't even matter if you have a great cading spot, because some people wont go there, and because of teamwork, if majority of humans are dead, you're fucked anyways. Pretty much, maps are split into two categories, 1. the horribly easy maps and 2. the horribly hard maps The horribly hard maps are maps that were made for zs 2.01 and were more themed on having lots of ammo, open area to dodge fast zombies, headcrab, and fast headcrabs, you could gun run the whole map, get a back to the hp machine, suck all the life out of that and keep gun running. But... none of these mechanics are in zs 3.XX. You have to be inside a cade that consisted of a opening JUST enough so headcrabscant get in, but any bit farther closed means you cant attack zombies well enough to survive. But... this map doesn't have this feature of being able to cade great, and and headcrabs do like 7-8 dmg, so pretty much, more than 5 headcrabs hitting you can kill you. So you have to be in the non existent cade to survive. Which means, you can't survive. So that is horribly hard. Horribly easy is maps like dying refinery, it is made for visuals, then we added some certain vent that happens to be a long ass hallway, and easy to block off. Wondering what the two biggest things to win zs 3.XX is? making a cade that is in a hallway, so you can kill zombies before they can reach the cade, and having most people alive (50% zombies? might as well suicide). See, the problem with horribly easy maps is that it focuses on things that make  2.01 fun, but easy, and only made 3.xx just easy. It's not really fun to get points behind a cade, you don't really have a choice, either, cade or go out of the cade and die. The only thing that's satisfying is surviving, but for what? I don't see how repairing the cade and killing zombies in an outdated map is fun. So there, two kinds of maps that almost all maps fall under.
Another point is that the gamemode doesn't need to be modified. Zs 3.XX is alright, it's just the maps we use, we can't really make maps for it, because a lot of us are new to the new version, and can't make create mechanics for the new zs that makes it "balanced". So.... either use outdated maps or use nox maps. Which means, we are just using the same version as noxious net and the same maps as noxious net.  Remember, i've played nox, i've seen the players handle the game mode perfectly, i didn't like the game mode for certain reasons, so i didn't play it, i played rnd zs 2.01 because it was fun and didn't really have many limits. most of the people i've seen play zs take it on the same way they played zs 2.01. New mechanics, new playing style. I mentioned that i've played nox before because i wanted you to know that it is fucking aggrivating to see people make the most horrible cades that i've seen. There is very limited cading styles in the new zs, if you don't follow it's style, you're screwed, and your cade is bad. So it's pretty obvious it'll take a while for rnd to get used to the new game mode and learn the mechanics, but i'm not going to be there. I've learned them, they are pretty boring compared to 2.01's mechanics. new is more organized and has roles, where old you could do whatever you really wanted.  I have a few more things to say...
Teamwork: This is a bad example of teamwork, see, teamwork should be like in teamfortress 2 where you do something to contribute to the team, where as here, we all have to work together in order to survive, if we don't do everything right, we die, if we do.... maybe, depending on our cade of course. Let's say the entire team i'm with is retarded and cades in the most stupid place ever, piling props so they cant even shoot zombies, why should i suffer because they are all dumb? I can't leave the cade and make my own cade and survive, i would be alone. So you are forced to cade where everyone else is cading, or else you're dead... pretty much ruins it for me since as i said, this is new to a lot of members, so in instinct, they are noobs and don't know how to cade that is "acceptable" in the new zs.
Zombies: Zombie bosses are a neat edition, bringing a challenge at every end wave which can either tip the favor into the humans (killing boss = lots of points and with low casualties, you're gaining an advantage). or zombies (pretty much either wipe out humans or break open the cade/weaken them so next wave can finish them off). It's really nice that it's not random, and that it takes the best zombie (does most damage to humans) to be the boss. What i don't like about either the normal zombies hit detection "fixed" and the bosses being pretty much god is that it's easy as fuck to get kills and redeem. Zombie is suppose to be hard, it's to show that it's a punishment for dying, if zombie was fun and easy, wouldn't everyone be zombie? kinda fucks the game a little. Also, since it's easy to get kills, the moment you get 4 kills, you pretty much killed the humans, so what is the point of redeeming? To just die again.
What i'm trying to point out is that because we have overpowered maps and people complaining doesn't mean we should go and take the newer zs and modify it to suit the maps, we need to map better for the older zs, maybe modify the older zs to fit things. Why dont we just take coding from the newer zs like bosses, repairing nails and phasing through props and add it into the older zs? why don't we just make maps with more of game mechanics in mind than "does it look good?" (not that making a map look good is a bad thing!).
Split your wall of text please.

Offline The punisher

• Respect: +11
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »
Split your wall of text please.

I split it into colors, i made it detailed because the older and newer versions are very different from each other, one is survival and scavenge and deathly based on cading and teamwork. The other is laid back with more options depending from map to map.

Offline Cryptokid

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• So I heard you like userbars
  • Respect: +211
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »

And once again, if you've gained points outside of cades and you run out of ammo, it's not like old zs were you're fucked for a good minute or so, you can move back inside the cade, usually someone spawns a crate, and you buy more ammo.

I'd rather be fucked for a minute than be fucked the whole game because I spent points on ammo instead of a new gun that I couldn't have used anyway because I would have had no ammo for it.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
I'd rather be fucked for a minute than be fucked the whole game because I spent points on ammo instead of a new gun that I couldn't have used anyway because I would have had no ammo for it.

...I've never had that problem.

anyways, that's where teamwork could be useful.

If you have a bro with you, ask him to drop some ammo for you. Me and a friend of mine would do that. I'd play as medic, but buy him some extra ammo with my starter worth.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »
+1
This newer version is horrible. Why you might ask? I am very fine with the new mechanics it has. Like having to time your melee, having to find a hallway in which to cade, having to cade things mostly vertical, having to group as zombies, having to make sure to always repair nails, having to ask those retarded noobs your teamates to do something like, ask for a bit of ammo so you can get 1 more point to get more ammo, or a new weapon, or nails or something. But, with these game mechanics, what map does something that was created for 2.01 do we have? We have been making maps for years, made specifically for the mechanics of zs 2.01. Now ofcourse, the maps we made, usually had something game breaking to zs 2.01. But that was it, it was the map that made the mechanics exploitable, not the game mode itself. zs 2.01 was about gun run, it was to not have to care about teamwork. Now why should i like something that is pretty much the complete opposite of zs 2.01... but still using the same maps? Maps that have major cading spots using blue shelves will be ruined (like ascent, tripple decker etc). Maps that had gun run spots and had cading done primarily in the vents, are obsolete, they wont work, because this new version focuses on cading. If you don't have a good spot on a map to barricade, then it is hopeless; sometimes it doesn't even matter if you have a great cading spot, because some people wont go there, and because of teamwork, if majority of humans are dead, you're fucked anyways. Pretty much, maps are split into two categories, 1. the horribly easy maps and 2. the horribly hard maps The horribly hard maps are maps that were made for zs 2.01 and were more themed on having lots of ammo, open area to dodge fast zombies, headcrab, and fast headcrabs, you could gun run the whole map, get a back to the hp machine, suck all the life out of that and keep gun running. But... none of these mechanics are in zs 3.XX. You have to be inside a cade that consisted of a opening JUST enough so headcrabscant get in, but any bit farther closed means you cant attack zombies well enough to survive. But... this map doesn't have this feature of being able to cade great, and and headcrabs do like 7-8 dmg, so pretty much, more than 5 headcrabs hitting you can kill you. So you have to be in the non existent cade to survive. Which means, you can't survive. So that is horribly hard. Horribly easy is maps like dying refinery, it is made for visuals, then we added some certain vent that happens to be a long ass hallway, and easy to block off. Wondering what the two biggest things to win zs 3.XX is? making a cade that is in a hallway, so you can kill zombies before they can reach the cade, and having most people alive (50% zombies? might as well suicide). See, the problem with horribly easy maps is that it focuses on things that make  2.01 fun, but easy, and only made 3.xx just easy. It's not really fun to get points behind a cade, you don't really have a choice, either, cade or go out of the cade and die. The only thing that's satisfying is surviving, but for what? I don't see how repairing the cade and killing zombies in an outdated map is fun. So there, two kinds of maps that almost all maps fall under.
Another point is that the gamemode doesn't need to be modified. Zs 3.XX is alright, it's just the maps we use, we can't really make maps for it, because a lot of us are new to the new version, and can't make create mechanics for the new zs that makes it "balanced". So.... either use outdated maps or use nox maps. Which means, we are just using the same version as noxious net and the same maps as noxious net.  Remember, i've played nox, i've seen the players handle the game mode perfectly, i didn't like the game mode for certain reasons, so i didn't play it, i played rnd zs 2.01 because it was fun and didn't really have many limits. most of the people i've seen play zs take it on the same way they played zs 2.01. New mechanics, new playing style. I mentioned that i've played nox before because i wanted you to know that it is fucking aggrivating to see people make the most horrible cades that i've seen. There is very limited cading styles in the new zs, if you don't follow it's style, you're screwed, and your cade is bad. So it's pretty obvious it'll take a while for rnd to get used to the new game mode and learn the mechanics, but i'm not going to be there. I've learned them, they are pretty boring compared to 2.01's mechanics. new is more organized and has roles, where old you could do whatever you really wanted.  I have a few more things to say...
Teamwork: This is a bad example of teamwork, see, teamwork should be like in teamfortress 2 where you do something to contribute to the team, where as here, we all have to work together in order to survive, if we don't do everything right, we die, if we do.... maybe, depending on our cade of course. Let's say the entire team i'm with is retarded and cades in the most stupid place ever, piling props so they cant even shoot zombies, why should i suffer because they are all dumb? I can't leave the cade and make my own cade and survive, i would be alone. So you are forced to cade where everyone else is cading, or else you're dead... pretty much ruins it for me since as i said, this is new to a lot of members, so in instinct, they are noobs and don't know how to cade that is "acceptable" in the new zs.
Zombies: Zombie bosses are a neat edition, bringing a challenge at every end wave which can either tip the favor into the humans (killing boss = lots of points and with low casualties, you're gaining an advantage). or zombies (pretty much either wipe out humans or break open the cade/weaken them so next wave can finish them off). It's really nice that it's not random, and that it takes the best zombie (does most damage to humans) to be the boss. What i don't like about either the normal zombies hit detection "fixed" and the bosses being pretty much god is that it's easy as fuck to get kills and redeem. Zombie is suppose to be hard, it's to show that it's a punishment for dying, if zombie was fun and easy, wouldn't everyone be zombie? kinda fucks the game a little. Also, since it's easy to get kills, the moment you get 4 kills, you pretty much killed the humans, so what is the point of redeeming? To just die again.
What i'm trying to point out is that because we have overpowered maps and people complaining doesn't mean we should go and take the newer zs and modify it to suit the maps, we need to map better for the older zs, maybe modify the older zs to fit things. Why dont we just take coding from the newer zs like bosses, repairing nails and phasing through props and add it into the older zs? why don't we just make maps with more of game mechanics in mind than "does it look good?" (not that making a map look good is a bad thing!).

Merry Christmas to you too, Punisher.
Miami's Finest

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
I have 2 questions, one related to the topic and one that has nothing to do with this...

1) Will coolz just leave the 2 servers there? or he will just choose one?

pretty much the votes of the Old Zs are the same as the New (the last 3 times i joined both options had the same votes),
and the third votes means they like old and (could) like the new or have no problem in trying it or playing on that server sometimes.

I think it would be fair to let the 2 servers since it's what the community want, but heck is coolz money so if he had or want to choose one, i think it would be fair to judge how many people play on the servers in the future, because when a new gamemode comes out, people tend to play it a lot.

2) Snivy you're admin again :):):)?

also one last thing, it would be nice if you guys try just to put the quote and not what punisher said because his wall of text is a little big

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 07:13:56 PM »
+2
2) Snivy you're admin again :):):)?

Oh what the fuck

I didn't notice until you pointed it out.

Neat.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Cryptokid

View More Badges!

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »
...I've never had that problem.

anyways, that's where teamwork could be useful.

If you have a bro with you, ask him to drop some ammo for you. Me and a friend of mine would do that. I'd play as medic, but buy him some extra ammo with my starter worth.

But I find that to just be plain boring. Yay, sitting next to a friend while he gets kills and I heal him and buy him ammo. Sure I can get kills too, but not for newer items, I need those points for ammo on the current gun I have or in this case, my friend. I don't want to have to be worrying about ammo that intensely that it prevents me from getting new stuff, or that a team mate has to buy it for me. I want to get kills and get new weapons with those kills, not buy ammo to keep getting kills so I can buy more ammo. That gets stale, really fast.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »
But I find that to just be plain boring. Yay, sitting next to a friend while he gets kills and I heal him and buy him ammo. Sure I can get kills too, but not for newer items, I need those points for ammo on the current gun I have or in this case, my friend. I don't want to have to be worrying about ammo that intensely that it prevents me from getting new stuff, or that a team mate has to buy it for me. I want to get kills and get new weapons with those kills, not buy ammo to keep getting kills so I can buy more ammo. That gets stale, really fast.

i got a question about all of this...

Can't someone slighty modify the price so you can buy ammo and at the same time save money to be able to buy another gun?

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Cryptokid

View More Badges!

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 10:21:42 PM »
i got a question about all of this...

Can't someone slighty modify the price so you can buy ammo and at the same time save money to be able to buy another gun?

They could, but it would have to be pretty low, like 2-3 points. If it was something like 5 then you're spending 30 points for 6 clips, which on a starter pistol, won't take you far. No one even uses their pistol for the first while in old zs because they know in most cases its better to get 5 kills and then have a better pistol, which by the time you get you have regen'd extra ammo for.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 01:21:45 AM »
Yesterday I started as full medic and just by healing, I got myself a magnum and I was able to resupply my ammo on medkit and magnum.

Also Zs game needs a lot of players so I'd rather have only the old Zs instead of both, because of how unlikely the servers will ever have over 20 players.

Also I just hope you all realize that stuff between waves is cheaper by like 20% or something and there are still going changes to be made so it's too early to criticize the new Zs because of it, instead if you have a suggestion go and tell us here.

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 04:23:27 AM »
My biggest hate against the new ZS is the new hit detection. Most of us have very high ping, which makes it very hard to hit opposite side. Now it just seems way too easy... But that's really my own stupidity.

I can't really say much because I haven't played for a long time and the only time I played new ZS was basically:
> try melee regular zombie
> kill it
> have 1 HP left
> die
> ragequit

Old ZS still had that prepare and save up for the later rounds or you are screwed feeling. You would have to fight the other survivors for those very important kills. And melee killing was basically an art. You might get goomba'd by a headcrab or the zombie might actually hit you and when it hits you once, it will hit you again. It just always happened to me...

I liked the feeling and the challenge old ZS gave. You needed knowledge and all sorts of skills.
I'm still waiting what goes down in the new ZS part. I am not going to shut it down completely, but if I find it too strange or different, I'm not going to play. And then, I'm probably going to leave rNd because I can't really find any satisfaction in TTT or other gamemodes. No, that wasn't a threat, nor am I saying that you guys even care...