¿What do you prefer?

Old ZS
22 (38.6%)
New Zs
17 (29.8%)
I like the old, but i have no problem in trying the new
18 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Old ZS VS New ZS?  (Read 851 times)

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
Old ZS VS New ZS?
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »
well, this is a topic that have been talked in the past days, so instead of derailing a thread in the suggestions board i tough it would be better to discuss it on this thread.

For me, i liked a lot the old ZS, when they added the speed to the last human it kinda fked it up a little because of last human being able to swim for the whole game.

Apart from that, i liked that in some maps (like reactor) if you made it up to the last room with a group of people who knows what to do, if everyone worked as a team, it was very hard to be defeated.

now, i haven't tried the new ZS, and from what i heard, i have no problem in trying it and playing it (when i get able to).

so, what are your opinions?

----

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 4

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:40:31 PM by memo3300 »

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Re: Old ZS VS New ZS?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
+2
Looking back, old ZS had its fun and everything...but after a good 4 or 5 years of playing it with all of its horrid bugs and flaws, it got tiring. Our server was just default vanilla zs, which broke a lot due to Garry's updates (which tomcat and others ended up mending...until it got broken again and no one attended to it) with a lot of stupid players. No one added any new weapons or GUI or anything to it, because if someone did, everyone would bitch at it for being "unbalancing". Other then that, Mr. Green and the original owners NoxiousNet had custom versions all to their selves.

But since for what ever reason the NoxiousNet newer version got released, it revamped the gameplay so you actually rely on teamwork instead of soloing/barricading stupid places. A major problem with old ZS was the ammo regen system. Every minute you got 1 generic clip to only the gun you currently have out. I believe pistols went in standard increments of 12 bullets per gen, shotguns had 6 I think, and SMGs had 30. So if you had a high-mag gun, it would take you 2 minutes to regenerate at least 1 full clip. But that's pretty much taken care of now with the point system on how you can buy ammo when you need it.

Kill stealing was an annoying issue, but with the point system, it actually works out well that both people will get points depending on the damage they contributed. And instead of spawning with a fucking battleaxe USP and a Plank, you can choose your spawn weapons and all instead of that random shit.

And even though the stock hitboxes are horrid, the zombies are easier to play as, seeing that as a human, you're a lot more fucked compared to old ZS now that zombies fuck your shit up harder.

It's just my two cents on why I prefer new ZS a lot more compared to old ZS.

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:12:34 PM »
I'll start off by saying that the new zs is optimized, meaning it was designed with many platforms in mind and can support a lot of people playing on the server at once. The one we have right now is about three years old with a few modifications.

The only reason some players would want the old zs is because it's impossible to get hit as human, you don't need to rely on a team, and it's 'unique' compared to other servers.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
+1
Looking back, old ZS had its fun and everything...but after a good 4 or 5 years of playing it with all of its horrid bugs and flaws, it got tiring. Our server was just default vanilla zs, which broke a lot due to Garry's updates (which tomcat and others ended up mending...until it got broken again and no one attended to it) with a lot of stupid players. No one added any new weapons or GUI or anything to it, because if someone did, everyone would bitch at it for being "unbalancing". Other then that, Mr. Green and the original owners NoxiousNet had custom versions all to their selves.

But since for what ever reason the NoxiousNet newer version got released, it revamped the gameplay so you actually rely on teamwork instead of soloing/barricading stupid places. A major problem with old ZS was the ammo regen system. Every minute you got 1 generic clip to only the gun you currently have out. I believe pistols went in standard increments of 12 bullets per gen, shotguns had 6 I think, and SMGs had 30. So if you had a high-mag gun, it would take you 2 minutes to regenerate at least 1 full clip. But that's pretty much taken care of now with the point system on how you can buy ammo when you need it.

Kill stealing was an annoying issue, but with the point system, it actually works out well that both people will get points depending on the damage they contributed. And instead of spawning with a fucking battleaxe USP and a Plank, you can choose your spawn weapons and all instead of that random shit.

And even though the stock hitboxes are horrid, the zombies are easier to play as, seeing that as a human, you're a lot more fucked compared to old ZS now that zombies fuck your shit up harder.

It's just my two cents on why I prefer new ZS a lot more compared to old ZS.

>clip
>clip
>clip
>clip
>clip
>clip
Miami's Finest

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:04:33 PM »
>clip
>clip
>clip
>clip
>clip
>clip
Okay. Let me correct myself.

*Magazine.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »
+1
The new ZS is better. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. And unless you've played it for more than five rounds, any counter-argument you may have is invalid.

The biggest, and probably the most wonderful part of the revamp was the buying and point system. It adds a complexity to the gamemode that the old one never could have; you could spent all of your points on weapons and ammo early on, and have less in the later bit, or spend all of it on being a support role, then having more. There evolved roles. Support medic, heavy medic, early assault, caders, crate support, etc. You could be whatever role you enjoy the most and, if you feel there's a role missing, you can fill it.

UI. 100% better, there is no argument.

Gameplay: The new ZS encourages being helpful. Unlike in the old ZS where a cader just slammed down on nails all day and had shit weapons, you could be a cader, fixing nails and gain considerable points over time and still get decent to good weapons.

One of the best features that was put in was the ability to pack up your crap. If you put down ammo crates, arsenal crates, aegis boards, or turrets, you can pack them up and move them on your free will. And if someone decides to be a complete shit and put down a tool in a bad place, you and four other people can all unpack someone else's stuff. You can also slow-clip through nailed and placed props. No more being trapped like old ZS.

Bug Fixes: No more five foot drop deaths, only hp loss, 99% of prop collision deaths are now fixed.

And before someone starts screaming how great timed ammo drops are, it's still there. And you still do the same thing as you did in old ZS; you draw out the weapon you want but now you interact with a player placed ammo crate which client-side refills after a bit of time

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:20:06 PM by Rocket50 »

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
unless you've played it for more than five rounds, any counter-argument you may have is invalid.

This.  I guarantee 90% of old ZS players will love new ZS once they have played it a while.

and please if we do end up using new ZS, let's use Snivy's configuration if he still has it.  It was so perfect.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »
and please if we do end up using new ZS, let's use Snivy's configuration if he still has it.  It was so perfect.

I don't, unfortunately.

If we do put the new ZS, we'd have to do what we did with mine. Make constant, minor tweaks to it to re-balance the gamemode until it's fine. When it's first put, there's going to be quite a few underpowered/overpowered weapons, and some zombie attacks will need to be nerfed.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline metalbeersolid

• It's me, Mister Science, Master Scientition
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
I definitely need to try this new ZS. Just need to finish buying some parts for my computer. That's also the reason I haven't been playing lately.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:50 AM »
Besides all of the things that have already been said the new Zs game mode is also better because people don't rage quit so damn often as they do in this one.
  It would also be nice to hear an opinion of those who prefer the old Zs.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 03:59:18 AM »
It would also be nice to hear an opinion of those who prefer the old Zs.

At least get some proper debates in. I see more votes for the old ZS, but I don't see anyone actually saying anything about it.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 04:21:36 AM »
I kind of like the old one better (for the moment), but we all can adapt in time and learn to like the new one.
A blend of the two would be the ideal solution though, given that it is even possible to create.

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 07:08:29 AM »
Yeah, how the hell does the old ZS have more votes? Give us some names on who voted for that.
Miami's Finest

Offline jimonions

• the text below is true
  • Old Forum MemberWindows User
    View More Badges!

• the text above is not true
  • Respect: +589
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 07:27:06 AM »
While playing on the servers I overhear from a lot of people that they prefer the old ZS.
Namely the new ZS had too much sitting behind a barricade not doing anything.

(JBanned) .:RND`=- DJ myppl8: if i eva become supa admin id ban moo and make hima guest

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 07:47:38 AM »
Namely the new ZS had too much sitting behind a barricade not doing anything.

That is what ZS is about.
The new zs is more oriented on teamwork.

The people who say that you don't do anything are the ones who run around the map trying to kill zombies alone.