Author Topic: AB Thread Simulator 2012  (Read 669 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Re: It's a shame I didn't got to respond to my previous thread.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
Isn't the point of AB the opposite of these forums?

Without absolute freedom, what's the point?
Discussing other members, yourself, topics you'd rather discuss with anonymity, anything not involving being a total unnecessary twat?
Again, it's either have it slightly moderated in some way to help prevent shit resulting in it just being taken down again, or simply keeping it down. Or at least that's how I'm assuming it's going to be. I'm sure you would rather have that than absolutely no ab. If it were moderated by admins it obviously wouldn't be moderated nearly as much as these forums are. It's not like every thread with the slightest show of aggression or negativity would be removed. I personally don't like a lot of shit that was posted on ab but it's basically the purpose of the thread. So even with my personal opinion I wouldn't be carried away with removing and managing shit. It would mostly just be to eliminate the more serious offensive threads which result in the community becoming far more aggressive with each other. I can say I have noticed a difference since ab went down. It seems to me at least that people are simply arguing less.
And idc if that's just because you're now deciding to keep negative shit to yourself because you don't want to say it without being offense. Still has the same outcome for the community.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 02:47:37 AM »
What if the same old ab would be up until coolz makes a better version of it? It could be closed at any time anyways.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 03:18:17 AM »
I stand true to my point. I want freedom, or nothing.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 03:59:31 AM »
Discussing other members, yourself, topics you'd rather discuss with anonymity, anything not involving being a total unnecessary twat?
Again, it's either have it slightly moderated in some way to help prevent shit resulting in it just being taken down again, or simply keeping it down. Or at least that's how I'm assuming it's going to be. I'm sure you would rather have that than absolutely no ab. If it were moderated by admins it obviously wouldn't be moderated nearly as much as these forums are. It's not like every thread with the slightest show of aggression or negativity would be removed. I personally don't like a lot of shit that was posted on ab but it's basically the purpose of the thread. So even with my personal opinion I wouldn't be carried away with removing and managing shit. It would mostly just be to eliminate the more serious offensive threads which result in the community becoming far more aggressive with each other. I can say I have noticed a difference since ab went down. It seems to me at least that people are simply arguing less.
And idc if that's just because you're now deciding to keep negative shit to yourself because you don't want to say it without being offense. Still has the same outcome for the community.

Oh.

I guess we have different views.

I don't care what they're saying about who, or how offensive it is.

Even if they're slinging shit around, as long as they have actual, coherent sentences, that's fine.

I just want the power to delete those stupid thread that were like "LOL MOST VIEWED THREAD ON AB" and retarded bullshit like that.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 04:56:45 AM »
Oh.

I guess we have different views.

I don't care what they're saying about who, or how offensive it is.

Even if they're slinging shit around, as long as they have actual, coherent sentences, that's fine.

I just want the power to delete those stupid thread that were like "LOL MOST VIEWED THREAD ON AB" and retarded bullshit like that.
Well those threads weren't the reason ab was taken down.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 05:02:16 AM »
Give me Liberty, or give me Death!
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2012, 05:06:22 AM »
or give me Death!

I'm right here though.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 05:07:09 AM »
I'm right here though.
LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »
Well those threads weren't the reason ab was taken down.
It was taken down because some idiots were constantly spamming and samefagging and some people with precious personalities couldn't take insults.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 05:09:56 AM »
It was taken down because some idiots were constantly spamming and samefagging and some people with precious personalities couldn't take insults.
Just... lol

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 05:10:40 AM »

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 05:12:49 AM »
and some people with precious personalities couldn't take insults.

Just... lol

I mean, while the way he put it was kind of dugdhugh,

I kind of agree.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 05:43:57 AM »

I kind of agree.
There's no reason people need to turn into absolute twats when they realize no one's going to realize it's them posting. It's completely unnecessary and as I said clearly only made the community more frustrated. It's simply in absolutely no way worth it.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 05:54:18 AM »
Just putting it shortest way possible.
There's no reason people need to turn into absolute twats when they realize no one's going to realize it's them posting. It's completely unnecessary and as I said clearly only made the community more frustrated. It's simply in absolutely no way worth it.
If one posts same bullshit over and over again then I consider it spamming, but I think that if the person that is being offended wouldn't give OP wanted attention then it could be reduced to a minimum.
And how is it not worth it? I mean, even if the same shit happens nobody will lose their money and coolz will be able to shut it down anytime. I say we give it a try.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 06:57:35 AM »
Just putting it shortest way possible.If one posts same bullshit over and over again then I consider it spamming, but I think that if the person that is being offended wouldn't give OP wanted attention then it could be reduced to a minimum.
And how is it not worth it? I mean, even if the same shit happens nobody will lose their money and coolz will be able to shut it down anytime. I say we give it a try.
Because it will have to be watched, it's just a nuisance. And it's not even that the people being insulted even give attention to who ever's doing it. They egg each other on there, the person they're talking about doesn't even have to be involved.
I seriously don't get why you guys don't just get over your shit attitudes towards it. If everyone could just not post like a total douchebag then there would be no problem with keeping ab up, but you're all basically saying "no, I want to be an asshole to whoever I want, I want freedom!"
Just doesn't work like that.