Author Topic: AB Thread Simulator 2012  (Read 643 times)

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
Re: AB Thread Simulator 2012
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2012, 12:54:09 PM »
This is the same steaming pile of shit that drives me out. the anonymous board was intended as a way to discuss problems we had with the servers, rules, and various administration. It was not intended for personal attacks on individuals, but logical and reasonable consideration of problems. Which it was not. I wouldn't like to see it back because i'd rather promote an open discussion system such as the "respect free discussion' board where anonymity is not required to speak ones mine. there is no reason you should be judged for your opinion and anyone that gives you shit for it......well you learn about people anyway.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Re: AB Thread Simulator 2012
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
Oh shit, I don't really give a fuck about people having the feelings hurt because of the anonyboard. If you feel it harms you, don't go there. And if somebody goes and tell you about how people are insulting you on the ab, well then it's your friend's problem. If it hurts you, why would they even tell you?

You seem to not know which is the childish side.
This just makes me want to punch humanity. Seriously, you're calling people childish for possibly being hurt by what people say about them in an extremely insulting manner on an anonymous board? Wtf? But dealing with your issues with other players by attacking their personality even though they're really not even a bad person or usually doing anything wrong is the mature thing? The people that I know may possibly have actually been hurt by shit said on ab aren't even the ones arguing here. I don't honestly care much about what people say or have said about me on ab because it's pretty much all incredibly stupid, biased, and juvenile. I only argue here because I see it's clearly got an extremely negative impact on the community and I don't like it. While ab was up all everyone was talking about in ts and shit was about peoples' posts and getting pissed off at each other and shit like that. It directly caused people to react poorly to situations.

Think for a second Frank. You've acted on here before so different than you do now. Constantly defending your friends when you could, and just generally being understanding such as with controversial topics that would come up or w.e with beatings or shit like that. Not even beatings necessarily, just bullying in general or anything along those lines. I'd usually see you standing up for people and shit. Your whole argument right now is clearly different from how you used to be. I don't know if it's because you've changed or if you just don't realize how inconsistent your attitude with this stuff is. Your priorities just seem so different now. Different in the way of benefiting yourself entirely and not others. At least that's what I see.

So aside from the few individuals who for some reason think ab is the best thing to come to RND for their own amusement/posting/whatever, having ab up only did at least cause problems and really had VERY little to NO benefit to the community. So what's the point? It's not going to be up just to please a select few of gossipy members.

All I'm saying though is that people need to not think of ab as a tool to try and put down other players. ab could be perfectly fine, but it's the members that ruined it. If everyone here had calmed down about the ab stuff and simply shown a better attitude towards it I'm sure it would already be re-opened or at least being considered more so than it is now. But based off of the posts in this thread it just sounds like it's going to be the exact same thing again. And the people that are arguing to get ab back up aren't even attempting to argue that it would be any different with less shitty posts and w.e. So just re-opening it would be pointless as the same issues would remain.

The one good thing I do see however is that the interest in ab has seemed to die down a lot more and I'm seeing fewer people arguing to just re-open ab and continue the shitty content of it. Which is slightly promising, but my worry is still that the outcome of ab would be the same and that it would just draw some of the members further apart. Again, in this you really need to not just think of yourself. The point of ab was to benefit the community, not just me or you.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun