Author Topic: [IDLE] SCP porting to Source Engine [PICS] [7.1.2012]  (Read 745 times)

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
[IDLE] SCP porting to Source Engine [PICS] [7.1.2012]
« on: June 02, 2012, 01:21:54 AM »
+7
Information:

--Background:
*Be aware that some of the sites given contain few instances of gorey/gruesome images (106 for example.) View at your own discretion.*
Recently, an independent group released the alpha version of their game, SCP - Containment Breach. This game is based off of the fictional, creepy-pasta stories at the SCP Foundation Wiki. At this fictional research facility, SCP ("Secure. Contain. Protect."), supernatural anomalies are harbored to keep away from the public and/or to analyze their unique attributes. In the alpha version of this game, you play as a Class-D staff member/ test subject, the lowest rank in the Foundation. On an average, shitty Monday morning, you enter SCP-173's room along with your two other blank-faced buddies to clean its feces and blood off the floor. But of all the odds in such a highly-funded government facility, something goes horribly wrong and shit goes down reeeeeal fast!

To admit it, on the first play, it is astounding to see how such bizarre entities and frightening atmosphere were created even with such limited graphics (created in Blitz3D which is about a decade old.) At a part in the game where 106 walks through a corridor, I shit myself and hit escape then I heard 106 make this fucking scary mumbling while staring straight at me (even when the game was paused!) F*ck. Damn. Sh*t. F*ck. Just to have that fucking face etched into my mind is bad enough. (And to have that experience from an objective-less game that you just run around in testing how much "heavy ordinance" you can lay before you really need a new rectum).

Here's one more thing to add to the atmosphere of this thread. You've probably already seen this but I thought it was a cool animation.

And LOL. Didn't know about this until I read it on the wikia.

--Project:
Anyways, an idea came to mind that the layout for the rooms and the overall theme may provide a good map for Zombie Survival. Yes, the idea sounds kind of naive to have zombies in the facility but gameplay wise it would work well. To prevent the filesize of the map from being unsuitable for download, I will try to incorporate only a few major rooms and the rest be offices/cubicles. If you have any suggestions for what I should add or anything I should fix, feel free to comment. If you are willing to make/port some of the models (other than 106) to Source and provide them, I'd be more than happy to include you in the credits of the map. Maybe if someone provides a good sketch of a two-story layout for the offices and tunnels, I'd put their name on the easter egg I'll hide in the map. Found a plug-in to port .x and .b3d files into 3DS Max. Final layout has been completed on paper.

Screw the Zombie Survival idea. I will try to make this an accurate port.

Yes, I am completely aware that someone already made a mimic of the intro room. But I plan on having this map to be near identical to the alpha and retain minor details seen when going through the facility excluding the SCPs (unless a server-side script is made for the entity SCP-173 that's already on gmod.org; would be damn funny to have 173 zipping by occasionally and take a few "blind" klieners).

And yes, I own none of the ideas, textures, models, etc. posted or related to the Foundation and the alpha.
Damn I should start being original... maybe later.

Progress:

Material Ports100%
Brush portion of ALL the rooms     100%
Model Ports/Creation100%
Functioning Door Instances0%
SCP-043 Room and Audio90%
Lighting60%
SCP-173 Entity???
SCP-106 Entity???
SCP: CB Gamemode???

I made a simple base gamemode in gmod 13. But, I would need a team of super lua scripters and someone to possibly host the FTP.
I don't want to turn this into a project just yet. I'd probably want to release this map first then ask for permission from the original creator to go into a Gmod gamemode. This is all his work and his own mental recreation of the SCP Facility.

But I don't want to discern any good lua scripters because this would be a VERY fun project.

Screenshots:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download:
I can resume work on the map and hopefully finish it by the time the regular servers come back up.
To keep things simple, I will upload the .bsp and the files I worked with when I am finished.

I was sort of sloppy when I was porting, so I may have left out some .obj/.dae/.max files.
At the moment, the file size of the models and materials is about 50MB. Sound files may up this 100MB.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:29:17 PM by Alkaline »
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Pryvisee

• Half-Life Enthusiast.
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +231
    • Build a boat
Re: [WIP]SCP for Zombie Survival [PICS]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:30:15 AM »
Looks actually pretty interesting.. The game looks kinda mediocre and slow though. I guess it's just not my type of game, although I love getting scared at the computer. ;p

Btw, where does it contain gorey images? lol.

Sabb: oh when'd you get there!?
Sabb: That was embarrassing.

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:43:06 AM »
The memories, Hotgreen will fucking scream again.

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »
ahah i just played it.

i was going through dark corridors for like 6 min's with scary faces coming sometimes,

then i had 2 choices(left or right) i took a right and fell to my death with a loud screamer -_-

anyway how did he compress all that in 4mb?

Offline Purple

• ;___;
  • I don't want to be a blowfish
  • Respect: +429
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 02:01:28 AM »
oh my god I love you.
check out my arts
its all I live for
http://infernoheart.deviantart.com/
http://infernoheart.tumblr.com/
<00:38:40> "Snivy": I'm just milking her now.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »

Fuck you.

ahah i just played it.

i was going through dark corridors for like 6 min's with scary faces coming sometimes,

then i had 2 choices(left or right) i took a right and fell to my death with a loud screamer -_-

anyway how did he compress all that in 4mb?

Loud screamer?...Scary faces?...Right or left?

Are you sure you played it? Because none of those are in the game ._. Except for the coffin camera
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline ٶȻhriʂ

• AIM, IT IS ABOUT PRECISION
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• THEY TALK ABOUT MY 1 TAPS
  • Respect: +394
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 10:59:46 AM »
Fuck you.

Loud screamer?...Scary faces?...Right or left?

Are you sure you played it? Because none of those are in the game ._. Except for the coffin camera
oh shit i played the wrong version...im an idiot

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »
You always make quality maps, looking forward to this.

Offline The Ghost Of Anony Mouse

• hye
  • bi
  • Respect: +108
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 10:51:16 AM »
what about the pokkit dimension

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »

Like the little girl he is.
Miami's Finest

Offline JIGSAW

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +36
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
Hey if want more idea's for this project you should play "The Nightmare house 2" a mod for half life 2 episode 2 but this is just a suggestion. I recommend trying it if you haven't done so already, again just a suggestion.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
Are ou going to make the refining SCP work like it regularl would? If so, that would be cool.

Can't use the letter that comes after X atm.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
Updated OP

pokkit dimension
Added to the to-do list.
I'll make SCP-106 glide through a few corridors. Anyone who touches it gets teleported to the pocket dimension where they must escape or die if they touch SCP-106 again.

Are you going to make the refining SCP work like it regularly would? If so, that would be cool.
Yes. I am planning on using filter_activator_name's in the refining machine room but it will only work on specific entities found in the map.
Would be pretty useful for mutilating a few players who think it's a teleporter.

Also plan on adding the key which opens a door to the blue misty place and key cards for access to useless areas.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Deathstrike

• ASDF
  • Respect: +10
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [WIP]SCP porting to Source Engine[PICS]
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »
Put SCP-100 in this map. IT will be a perfect easter egg.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Re: [WIP]SCP porting to Source Engine[PICS]
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »
SCP-043 will probably make me poop myself.