Author Topic: What needs to be done to fix TTT  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
Re: What needs to be done to fix TTT
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »
I was on another TTT server the other day, and it had a 'VoteKarma' Feature.
Essentially if you killed an RDM'er or lost allot of karma wrongfully, you could give a vote which would reset your karma to 840
This would take a large majority of the server to approve it, and we could even make it so you cant do it unless a regular or VIP or whoever is on. Opinions?

I like that idea - it allows  reset, requires someone of a higher rank to initiate, requires a higher-than-51%-majority to do, doesn't sound bad to me - hope it gets considered for either the temp server, or the main server, as it sounds very helpful.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »
Xrain, I know you're limited on time and want to use whatever limited time you have to fix important things, but really, the karma and hitboxes are REALLY things that, IO, need fixing very badly - they affect the gameplay too negatively at times.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »
Xrain, I know you're limited on time and want to use whatever limited time you have to fix important things, but really, the karma and hitboxes are REALLY things that, IO, need fixing very badly - they affect the gameplay too negatively at times.

You're asking to change how a game works. Source hitboxes generally suck. Thats quite difficult to change.
Or I could be wrong.

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2012, 01:38:24 AM »

Hitboxes are the same for everyone. They may cheat you, but it's fair.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2012, 06:46:16 AM »
Hitboxes are the same for everyone. They may cheat you, but it's fair.
'

If you shoot somebody point blank in the head  - in the right area - with a deagle, or shotgun, and have enough karma for it to be a one-shot-kill headshot, it should do what it is supposed to.  Nothing less.

Too many times lately, that has not been the case, and its getting annoying - and other players here are noticing it too.  Funnily enough, on the non-temp servers, I never noticed an issue with it, which baffles me, nor do I notice it on other TTT servers, which leads me to believe there is something here that may need tweaking.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
I have a different connection speed on different servers, so the lag compensation changes

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »
I purposely change quoted post text because I'm never wrong.

Please, lets not play this horseshit game.

*ahem*

That reasoning doesn't entirely make sense.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:45:58 PM by Travelsonic »

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »
The hitboxes are the same as they are in other servers, the tick rate is also the same.

It could be since the server has a stronger connection, some of the rates are allowed to be faster, leading to a different feeling of things.

Personally in all the times I have played in the server I have not noticed a change, I still shoot people in the head just as well as I did before.
There really isn't anything I can do for you in that department.

I think the most likely thing that is happening is the change in location is changing the lag compensation for you. While it is still acceptable, you have played on the previous server enough that you are used to the old server, and your play style has molded around that, this causes you to notice the difference and it throws off your shooting.

I on the other hand have always been used to large variations in lag, so I don't notice a difference. You will just need to adjust your play style.

Unless you have a specific idea on how to "fix" the hit-boxes, if you do let me know, otherwise... tough  ;)

For the karma, it seems to me to be at an acceptable level, the average karma in the servers is ~850-900 which to me is an acceptable level, perhaps a little high if anything.

So I have the correct average karma on the servers, I suppose the best thing I could do would be to change it so it feels more "fair" to the players, even though it seems to be for the most part.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
For the karma, it seems to me to be at an acceptable level, the average karma in the servers is ~850-900 which to me is an acceptable level, perhaps a little high if anything.

What I mean is, currently the scenario of "build up your karma, get it up to the mid 900s, accidentally kill one team mate -> karma drops 550-700 points" happens, and that is just completely absurd.  I mean, obviously a karma penalty should, does occur, but going from near perfect karma down to the 300s or 200s for one kill after spending time to bring it back up just feels all sorts of fucked up  but that's just my opinion.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »
What I mean is, currently the scenario of "build up your karma, get it up to the mid 900s, accidentally kill one team mate -> karma drops 550-700 points" happens, and that is just completely absurd.  I mean, obviously a karma penalty should, does occur, but going from near perfect karma down to the 300s or 200s for one kill after spending time to bring it back up just feels all sorts of fucked up  but that's just my opinion.

you lose a max of 400 when you kill a 1000 karma player.
You're doing something wrong; stop.

Offline aerobro

• Respect: +120
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »
The hitboxes are really, really, really bad

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »
+1
The hitboxes are really, really, really bad

Let me say this again...

THE HIT BOXES ARE IDENTICAL TO THE HITBOXES IN THE ORIGINAL SERVERS.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THEM UNLESS YOU CHANGE THE SOURCE ENGINE.

LAST TIME I CHECKED I HAVEN'T PUT A CUSTOM SOURCE ENGINE ON THE TTT SERVER.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »
LAST TIME I CHECKED I HAVEN'T PUT A CUSTOM SOURCE ENGINE ON THE TTT SERVER.[/size]

ok i lol'd

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
you lose a max of 400 when you kill a 1000 karma player.
You're doing something wrong; stop.

I've had my karma go from 960 to 330 from 1 kill many times on this server.  I have demo'd it practically every time, though later ones I still have since my external hard drive, with older demos from back when we still had dm_attackhouse_christmas, died and those demos were lost.  The latest time was only 2 days ago.

Xrain:  It is odd though that many users are having issues with the hitboxes, even though they are unchanged.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:44:53 AM by Travelsonic »

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »
I've had my karma go from 960 to 330 from 1 kill many times on this server.  I have demo'd it practically every time, though later ones I still have since my external hard drive, with older demos from back when we still had dm_attackhouse_christmas, died and those demos were lost.  The latest time was only 2 days ago.

Xrain:  It is odd though that many users are having issues with the hitboxes, even though they are unchanged.

Different server location
Different lag compensation
Different overall experience