Author Topic: [DICUSSION] New VIP Application Process  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
Re: [DICUSSION] New VIP Application Process
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »
I see what you mean but at that point the 2 positive comments would have to be cumulatively convincing to prove the applicant's character.

And in the corner case where the promotion turns out to be a mistake the situation can easily be rectified with a demotion.

Sounds good. Let's get this going soon please! While we can still use temp servers as a test.

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:34 PM »
Suggestion for the VIP / Admin application process:  Social Skills Assessment
Conflicts have arisen from purely lack of people skills in admins / vips.

Examples...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »
+1
1. The handling of Stone Cold's ban

What was wrong about how this was handled? Stone Cold did not listen to the banning admin, and got himself a permanent ban for doing so.

2. Tech

Yep

3. Random promotions [from various admins]

Is no longer a concern, that was during the temporary period in which they were technically allowed to do so.

4. Questionable Forum Censorship [not the server move misunderstanding]

What censorship?

Offline Tezuni

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
Point is i'd like that to be part of the criteria for applications, so that talking out problems becomes more common rather than letting it escalate as in the case of stone.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »
Point is i'd like that to be part of the criteria for applications, so that talking out problems becomes more common rather than letting it escalate as in the case of stone.

The only one that didn't talk anything out with stone is stone. He doesn't listen to anything we say, and still thinks we banned him because he is too good and because he cusses.

Offline Tezuni

« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »
The only one that didn't talk anything out with stone is stone. He doesn't listen to anything we say, and still thinks we banned him because he is too good and because he cusses.
I'm talking about how it all started, as in it should have been resolved right then and there....but anyways my point is i want it to be part of the criteria.
Does it seem fair to you guys?

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:24 AM »
I'm talking about how it all started, as in it should have been resolved right then and there....

So

You're telling me it was a bad thing I gave him six pages to get his act together before locking the first thread?

Because it only escalated becuase he kept making appeal after appeal when it was denied.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Shockah

View More Badges!

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2012, 01:37:48 AM »
So

You're telling me it was a bad thing I gave him six pages to get his act together before locking the first thread?

Because it only escalated becuase he kept making appeal after appeal when it was denied.

I think what Tezuni's saying is, correct me if I'm wrong, the moment stone cold did something wrong it should have been dealt with then and there, not after ___ amount of time he all of a sudden gets a 3 month ban. Just trying to gain clarification not supporting anyone....yet.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2012, 05:43:33 AM »
Yes, even the Admin and VIP's screw up. Trust me, I know.

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2012, 05:59:51 AM »
+2
2. Tech
3. Random promotions [from various admins]
4. Questionable Forum Censorship [not the server move misunderstanding].

2. Yeah
3. If you're talking about VIP promotions, this has been discussed and has been dealt with and won't happen again until the new system is in place.
If you're talking about Reg promotions, you might want to read the information topic in that section.
4. u wot m8
When did this happen? ._.

Yes, admins and VIPs screw up, just like pretty much every human being. We aren't robots, we make mistakes, but most of which are either corrected or simply not mentioned.
If you think admins/VIPs abuse your right as American (xdxd) on a daily basis, how about contacting someone instead of just making generalized statements about it?

Offline [TTPN] ShadowMoon

• Gamer
  • Respect: +28
    • DeviantART
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:27 AM »
2. Yeah
3. If you're talking about VIP promotions, this has been discussed and has been dealt with and won't happen again until the new system is in place.
If you're talking about Reg promotions, you might want to read the information topic in that section.
4. u wot m8
When did this happen? ._.

Yes, admins and VIPs screw up, just like pretty much every human being. We aren't robots, we make mistakes, but most of which are either corrected or simply not mentioned.
If you think admins/VIPs abuse your right as American (xdxd) on a daily basis, how about contacting someone instead of just making generalized statements about it?

Wait, I still don't really get the whole thread, if you successfully become a VIP in Temp server, does this count in coolz server when it's up?

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2012, 06:46:13 AM »
Wait, I still don't really get the whole thread, if you successfully become a VIP in Temp server, does this count in coolz server when it's up?
Yes.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline [TTPN] ShadowMoon

• Gamer
  • Respect: +28
    • DeviantART
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »
Yes.

Ok... So basically, if a Reg requesting to be a VIP and an Admin approved about it, he shall be the VIP in "Temp" and Official server.

Offline Shockah

View More Badges!

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
If you think admins/VIPs abuse your right as American (xdxd)

OH GOD, MY SIDES, THEY HURT!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:43:58 AM by Shockah »

Offline Tezuni

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
@snivy:
I just want to make sure all future admins / vips are good with talking to people of all backgrounds and all types of characters, so situations go more smoothly...
This isn't a personal attack or anything on anyone in specific....except for maybe tech....lol.
Well, now this is de-railed, I just want it to be part of the criteria.

Edit:
I see you guys want me to explain my use of stone cold as an example...
My take on it is that Stone is a character.  He's an older guy, he goes to ttt for some fun.  I know the guy very well.  I don't think he should be banned at all, and I really do think that something rubbed him wrong, and it just spiraled.  He's been playing since spring 2011, just about every single day.  And every single day until recently he's had no problems at all.  Give the man some credit, take my word for it.  So I used him as an example in what I think could have been easily resolved before it even started.  No hard feelings guys, but come on, this really could have been handled better and there's no question about that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:23:08 PM by Tezuni »