Author Topic: Ban Appeal--Being screwed by the man  (Read 736 times)

Offline [TTPN] ShadowMoon

• Gamer
    • DeviantART
Re: Ban Appeal--Being screwed by the man
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:56 AM »
Ok, both of you have somewhat equal arguments, and I didn't know that Snivy was so convincing! How about we stop all of this bull and find an alternative we can all agree on. How about a shortened ban. Stone plays often, and I mean REALLY often and Snivy just wants to help the community. This appeal is mostly on opinion, you either love stone or you hate him. And as these arguments continue nothing will happen, and the tread will be locked. Therefore something must be done. Stone has been quite an influence on the server. How about a solution that isn't completely and utterly stupid? Anyone?

Samo: tread

*thread

Solution: Stop karma farming and target RDMing, Stone, and all the problems will dissolve.

Offline semy32

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 05:58:38 AM »
"I CAME OUT OF BUILDING AFTER KILLING ONE T, AND AS SOON AS I DID "NOBODY" SHOT AT ME. I KILLED HIM. HE WAS T, WHICH IS GOOD THING. BUT HE SHOT FIRST. I DO NOT RDM. I CAN NOT COME OUT OF BUILDING AND THINK "HEY, THAT GUY STANDING OVER THERE AWAY FROM ME IS SUSPICIOUS LOOKING MAYBE I SHOULD KILL HIM." THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. HE SHOT FIRST, AND AS IN LIFE I DEFENDED MYSELF.  SOMETIMES I HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF AGAINST IDIOTS. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUNG IDIOT KOSes ME. THEN OTHER NOT SO BRIGHTS START SHOOTING AT ME. I HAVE TO WANDER "IS THIS PERSON SHOOTING BECAUSE I WAS KOSED OR ARE THEY A T AND GETTING AWAY WITH KILLING ME. SOMETIMES I TAKE RISK OF LOOSING KARMA AND SHOOT BACK. SOMETIMES I JUST STAND THERE TIRED OF DEALING WITH THESE TYPES OF PLAYERS AND LET THEM KILL ME.

STONE COLD'S BOTTOM LINE: I PLAY BY GUT INSTINCT AND MY SCORES RECORDED ON SCOREBOARD SHOW I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. MY GUT IS NOT STEERING ME WRONG AND I WILL NOT CHANGE FOR ANYONE AS I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. the ones working so hard with complaints are the problem, including admin that banned me after shooting first. I HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME SO MUCH I KNOW HOW TO MOVE AND SHOOT TO LIVE LONGER AND PLAY BETTER THAN YOU PART TIME PLAYERS. DON'T GET MAD BECAUSE YOU DIED AT HAND OF STONE COLD. LEARN FROM ME, EVEN ASK FOR ADVISE, I'LL HELP YOU UNTIL U TURN ON ME. BUT I AM GOOD PLAYER BECAUSE I DID IT EVERYDAY. YES ONCE IN A WHILE I MAKE MISTAKE, PEOPLE DO IN LIFE THAT GETS OTHERS KILLED, FRIENDLY FIRE. BUT  I'M ALWAYS HONEST. NEVER CHEAT. AND IF STONE COLD IS TO EVER RETURN TO PLAY, AND I AM T, I WILL KILL YOU. JUST SAY "THANK YOU STONE COLD FOR BLOWING MY HEAD OFF, I NEEDED THAT." AND LIFE GOES ON.  PEACE OUT, S.C.

I have no problems with you stone,
but what I get from your posts is that you think that you are ABOVE everyone.You are NOT a member of the Freemasons.Stop acting like you know everything better than everyone.

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2012, 06:22:05 AM »
I'll throw in my bit

I've played with Stone Cold for awhile now, or at least, I used to. Before the temporary servers, Stone was a decent player who would play the game as it was meant to be. Afterwards though, I've noticed that Stone Cold constantly has low karma and therefore is constantly karma farming. I know this both from joining at random times and actually being called over by players who were complaining about it.

Now with the obvious aside, I want to point this out. Stone is a good guy at heart, don't get me wrong there, but he's constantly blaming others, or idiots as he calls them, for his low karma and he uses that as an excuse to karma farm. However, I've noticed that it can sometimes be his own fault that these "idiots" are calling him out. A perfect example:

This was probably my second round of playing because I was called over for a hacker. As I'm playing, I ran into one of the tunnels in Clue hoping to avoid unwanted situations. As I'm walking around these tunnels, I see Stone Cold blatantly pass an Unid'd body. I mean, there is no way that anyone could miss that. these are tunnels where only one man can walk through, it was obvious Stone Cold was the traitor. So I spent the rest of my time blasting Stone in the face with whatever gun I had. achieving nothing because I had low karma, fully convinced that Stone was the traitor. Come to find out though, he wasn't. He was an innocent and I was honestly surprised.

What I'm trying to say is yes, I have noticed Stone become more of a problem player ever since these temp servers. I'm also trying to get the idea out there that it's possible that Stone Cold could be attacking these "idiots" (me being one of them) because of his own actions. There will always be those rdmers who purposefully try to make Stone Cold lose karma no doubt, but at least for myself, I'm convinced that at least half of these so called idiots who attack Stone have a legit reason. I know I did.

Now, I'm going to back track a bit here onto the karma farming situation. You can't say that Stone doesn't deserve some sort of an extended ban rather than just a kick or a days ban. He does deserve something a little bit longer. He has constantly, constantly, been warned and kicked, and even banned for karma farming, yet Stone Cold still continues. What else is that besides defiance and a "fuck you" to the Admin's, VIP's, and even Regular players? Granted, that may not be the message Stone is meaning to give, but that's how I personally feel like it's being received. I'm not going to give Stone any slack though for what he's doing. It's a different story when it's the first few times. But consistently? I mean, even I realized that karma farming was a big deal because I started getting kicked for it and banned once or twice. Compared, I don't know how similar or different me and Stone Cold are in terms of karma farming, but I am sure Stone should have realized by now that karma farming isn't allowed, and if he is unwilling to abide by those rules, then I understand the two month ban.

Personally, after this long discussion, I'm hoping Stone Cold is getting the message if he hasn't already. Looking back at how Stone used to play, I would say give him maybe a two weeks ban, and afterwards see how he's acting. If he continues to repeat everything that's wrong and it's things that we've pointed out, then I say just give him the permanent ban for the temporary servers. It's obvious he isn't going to change anything. If he actually starts to play the game though and follows the rules, then it's all cool in my opinion.

Think about Stone. Think about what he does, the way he talks, the way he acts, and even the way he things. Think of all the good and bad times you've had with him and ask yourself "Is he really worth the trouble?" There's a clear reason why I'm fighting so hard to convince you he's not. If you're able to understand my position, fully and not just using small bits and fragments of information from my posts, AND you're able to give me an honest, educated, rational answer, then we'll see what happens from there. I know you probably think I'm the worst person in the world right now, who can't do anything right, but remember that I'm still willing to try and resolve the issue with you.

I get what you're saying Snivy, and truth be told, I agree with you. The only reason I'm arguing for a lesser ban on Stone's part is because I've played with Stone Cold for a long time. I feel like it's an obligation to help him out in his time of need. Now, I'm not saying that the ban you gave him was unneeded and completely out of line, because it wasn't. It's just, I personally feel Stone Cold should get at least one more chance before he is completely removed from the temp servers. If this whole discussion doesn't scream to Stone Cold telling him that what he is doing is wrong, then I'm all for the ban.

@Everyone saying that karma farming shouldn't be such a long ban,
This isn't really true in my opinion. There is no rulebook saying "Karma farming ban's cannot exceed x amount of days". Bans are there to help make the game more fun for everyone else who is following them. If someone is constantly breaking the same rule, even if it's a minor one, and they still continue to break the rules after constant warnings, kicks, and even bans, then it's obvious they don't care for the rules. Besides, if VIP's and Admin's are going to constantly kick and ban Stone Cold every single day, then doesn't it seem reasonable to just get Stone Cold out of the way so that we can worry about other problems?

Offline Stone Cold

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:57 AM »
Hello. well...
     deep subject, hard to get out of.
     One more time, but after this you can get answers out of my new book,"Mistakes That May Cost Me More Than Karma" by Stone Cold.
      It was a dark and stormy night, at least on one map that we all love restarting on after server crashes. When it gets to final seconds of round and I feel I'm last inno, I look to see who left in game and sometimes miscount how many T's are still alive. I shoot who I find. By deduction I figure they are the T. When I miscount T's in match or how many still kicking at end , i may shoot an inno by mistake. Then I want to kill T even more to make up for mistake. Well, by round's end my karma has bought two tickets heading south of the border, one for him and one for my dignity.  To embarrassed by mistake to go on living, and actually feeling sick from low karma, I have to step away for moment. Things come up or I pass out from being up all night forgetting that i'm "farming".  I done with trying to prove i'm a good guy. Just tell me who here doesn't make mistakes. 
     What else? Pheonix waiting with gun aimed at whoever came down elevator to shoot them. it was me coming down and , after playing games for years, guess my trigger finger is faster. 
     I'll cut out farming as you call it, even tho I can't remember seeing that as a rule breaker. And I'll be more sure about who I shoot so I can defend myself well enough that y'all say,"Oh, okay. that makes sense. Good job Stone."
     lol, okay, last part might be too much to ask, but point taken. Now , can I come back and shoot a few people. I miss laughing my ass off.

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
Hello. well...
     One more time, but after this you can get answers out of my new book,"Mistakes That May Cost Me More Than Karma" by Stone Cold.
      It was a dark and stormy night, at least on one map that we all love restarting on after server crashes. When it gets to final seconds of round and I feel I'm last inno, I look to see who left in game and sometimes miscount how many T's are still alive. I shoot who I find. By deduction I figure they are the T. When I miscount T's in match or how many still kicking at end , i may shoot an inno by mistake. Then I want to kill T even more to make up for mistake. Well, by round's end my karma has bought two tickets heading south of the border, one for him and one for my dignity.  To embarrassed by mistake to go on living, and actually feeling sick from low karma, I have to step away for moment. Things come up or I pass out from being up all night forgetting that i'm "farming".  I done with trying to prove i'm a good guy. Just tell me who here doesn't make mistakes. 
     What else? Pheonix waiting with gun aimed at whoever came down elevator to shoot them. it was me coming down and , after playing games for years, guess my trigger finger is faster. 
     I'll cut out farming as you call it, even tho I can't remember seeing that as a rule breaker. And I'll be more sure about who I shoot so I can defend myself well enough that y'all say,"Oh, okay. that makes sense. Good job Stone."
     lol, okay, last part might be too much to ask, but point taken. Now , can I come back and shoot a few people. I miss laughing my ass off.

Stone, it seems as though both sides are willing to work together if you change some things, first and foremost the karma farming though as I've said it's so minor it's practically not even a rule, it is and shouldn't be done regardless, your attitude towards those who oppose you, I know at times it can get repetitive when people question your decisions or even kick and ban you for them, but calling them "immature idiots" and "stupid fucking admins" is not the way to go about it. Remember you're representing yourself as an upstanding member of the community and upstanding members, they don't speak like that to other members of the community. With that being said if Stone Cold agrees I'd like to propose the ban be shortened to 2 weeks starting now (as in the prior ban time also counts so it'll be something like 2 weeks 5 days total), I feel it's not just days so he can contemplate the decisions he's made but it's not an eternity like a month+ feels (I was away from garry's mod for 3 months believe me it feels like an eternity).

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
This is somewhat unrelated, but as a notice to any potential ner-do-wells.

While yes, the bans will not be automatically transferred back to the normal servers, I will be compiling a spreadsheet of "problem cases" to give back to coolz. This isn't a gurentee that they will be banned on the regular servers of course, but something to keep in mind...
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 08:09:41 AM »
Here's the problem with giving him a shortened ban,

He still doesn't realize WHY he's banned.

He thinks we banned him because he's not "perfect", which isn't the case. Five pages of discussion later, he still has this mindset that there's nothing wrong with him at all except that he's not the best player and the entire thread is pointless bullshit.

That's why I don't think he'll change. He hasn't in this thread, so why assume he will after he's unbanned?

How's this stone.

Admit you're wrong. Realize that it's not becuase you're not perfect. Realize it's not because your activity is in question. It's because you
- continue to karma farm after being warned, kicked, and banned several times
- RDM people based on loose assumptions that aren't well thought out
- Your general attitude towards myself and the rest of the administration

I just want you to come to terms as to why you were banned, and stop pulling all these random excuses out of your ass.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:31:51 AM by Snivy M.D. »

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »
Hello. well...

You get the point, though.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »
I never thought I'd say this, I agree with terminal how can you relate stealing/shoplifting a criminal offense and involving personal gain to giving a shitty reason for killing someone on a gmod server.
Due to the fact that both are stupid, annoying, senseless, and repeated. Oh, and I forgot to add: after he steals the chocolate bar, HE MELTS IT AND PUTS IT ON SOME GUY'S CAR LOCK

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

I love you.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »
since you can't really perma ban since there are just some months left of temporal servers ill just say that i think exactly like xrain with that but w/e.

for me what it sounds logic is to first kick a guy for an offence, and if he does it again in a short amount of time, ban, and if he joins  after the hour and keeps it, 1d and blah  blah.

The thing is, i think a 3 months ban should come after a 1 month ban or maybe 2 or 3 weeks if the first thing he did when he came back was trolling; not ban him for 1 or 3 days a couple of times and kick him several and then boom 3 months.

The bad part about me saying this is, i don't really know about how many times he have been baned, but from what i have read i assume he have been kicked and baned (1h-1,2or3d) a lot but not bigger bans.

the other thing that snivy said about not unbaning someone who doesn't know what have done... i agree with that.

TL:DR- my solution is that stone cold says "yes i did this now please unban me i am asking politely and now swearing" and make the ban shorter, and kind of giving him another chance.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »
The majority of us have agreed that if he admits to what he's been doing we'll have no problem with a shortened ban... But if he chooses to remain ignorant and pretend that he's Mr. goody two shoes that he may as well wait untill the servers are back up.

All I was asking for was for him to prove that there was just one occasion since the start of the temp servers that he didn't knowingly break the rules.
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Stone Cold

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »
Does this keep going or am I reading the same thing over and over? Lost in it is me admitting that I have been making to many mistakes. Not rdming. I only shoot who I think is T. But, if I take a little more time to evaluate players and their actions I will make less mistakes and raise my over all scores.  So, sorry. By playing so much and not have top percentage score I guess I have played loose with my figuring the T's.
     I do know that the scores aren't accurate due to ghosting and just plain cheating that I witness everyday. That's part of life. There are people everywhere that do stupid things, and some stupic things cost lives. I see it on the news everyday. I'm going to over look these players best I can.  I will not socialize with the ones that exaggerate the facts and out and out lie about the mistakes I made. 
     I want this to be my last word on it. Now, can someone and I mean someone that knows he , himself , an honest player that always plays by rules and realizes what's what with the players that bend or break the rules on regular basis, Why does everyone playing game with Dark Pacifist watch , hear , and let him get away with picking who  he wants to help as a T, go to them and die by their hand? This is a big rule breaker that even he doesn't realize because he can do it over and over and has many times.? And he doesn't care to flaunt it because he knows , just like me and everyone, that no one gives a shit what he does. It's the same with other players, if well liked because they can sell it to others they are safe from ban or kick. Don't bother replying. i can tell you what would be said.
     Here's a question for all. There's over twelve thousand servers here and i'm fighting to get back on this one with so many assholes. What the hell is wrong with me?

Offline Fenix

• Your personal ZS guide & pro.
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »
@stonecold
if i remember correctly, axule tough for a while that i was a troll on TTT and kept an eye on me... but with the time he just saw overall that i had valid reasons to shot people... and that also people makes mistakes.

that's an argument that i could take as you don't really RDM, just have bad luck or there are to much trolls around you.

but that isn't the only argument that snivy listed, he also said your overall actitude against some people and the karma farming.

i think we all would like to know what you think about those 2.

S[hes] Br[ok]en