Author Topic: How can we improve your experience in the community  (Read 727 times)

Offline Castle

• Respect: +19
Re: How can we improve your experience in the community
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 06:59:18 AM »
+1
Reselect VIPs/Admins every year.

Then newbies/regulars go like "SELECT ME FOR ADMIN, SELECT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

That wouldn't work at ALL.

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62

Offline Roach :3

• Windows UserLinux UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Kids on drugs are really fun
  • Respect: +68
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 08:09:30 AM »
Don't take it personally, but few things that I said in that chat you should consider.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Benny Benassi - Trebles Trebles [Never Stop] (feat. MBrothers)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 08:25:22 AM »
+1
Don't take it personally, but few things that I said in that chat you should consider.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Benny Benassi - Trebles Trebles [Never Stop] (feat. MBrothers)
I love Benny Benassi.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

View More Badges!

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 08:43:39 AM »
lol,  so you didn't read the logs ehy?

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 08:57:44 AM »
+2
lol,  so you didn't read the logs ehy?

Nah, I've just had enough of Excalipoors malicious implications.

...I have no shame ;_;

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »
Nah, I've just had enough of Excalipoors malicious implications.

...I have no shame ;_;

That reminds me, if I'm a VIP, why doesn't it say so on my forum thing? ._.
Miami's Finest

View More Badges!

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
+2
At least take to consideration what I said,
Roach: rNd is based on popularity

Roach: All of the communities 'specially our, is based on popular players
Roach: and unpopular players
Roach: Lets say that a player joins
Roach: and he joins to play and have fun, when he tried to contact people in the forum
Roach: or get some kind of attention
Roach: popular people will most likely start ignoring him or things like that
Roach: And it happened to a lot of players like F.P.S Russian and others
Roach: But its not simply because they did something wrong, its because he doesn't like him
Roach: so he'll do everything to stay at the opposite side from the other player
Roach: and will try to ignore or make the situation even worst

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »
+1
That reminds me, if I'm a VIP, why doesn't it say so on my forum thing? ._.
coolz has to change it, try PMing him.

Also, Roach, your example of FPS Russian is a terrible one.
Not only is he a known ghoster, but he's also the guy that threatened to sue rNd.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:17:48 AM by DoeniDon »

View More Badges!

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »
...I'm talking before that happened...

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »
+1
...I'm talking before that happened...
So you mean when he was just RDMing and ghosting?

View More Badges!

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »
I guess you never really played with him right, what ever, not going to make a thread like Excalipoor made.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »
+2
I guess you never really played with him right, what ever, not going to make a thread like Excalipoor made.

And I guess you never really heard him when he talked to us.

We didn't treat him badly when we first joined. We encourage new players to come and feel welcomed. At first, I treated him like anyone else. Trying to help them and give them a few pointers. Then, he just started acting a bit idiotic. I tried telling him to cut it out otherwise it would end badly, other admins did too, but he kept on going and going and doing dumb stuff until the point when he started ghosting and just plainly insulting those who punished him for his actions.

Never ONCE have I seen anyone who was a regular and above ignore new players and not try to help them (unless there was somebody else helping them)

I started out the same way. Made some friends, became a regular, and stayed like that for a long time. I was really immature when it came to that, and people didn't think twice about telling me about it and stop being an idiot. So I listened. As for the people you supposedly say try to get involved in the community and get ignored, they take it the wrong way. They just full-out think you're trying to shut them up and keep them from getting involved with the others. Many of our members don't sugar-coat our words, they just plain out go and say it. People (like F.P.S Russian) just don't want to admit they're acting a bit out-of-hand and don't try to make themselves better. That's when the community starts to dislike someone.

The reason the thread was locked was because Excalipoor didn't bring any proof to the table, he simply thought that if he reported someone it should get approved and that we should "trust his word for it" When his argument was challeneged he just began lashing back destructively and just making it worse.

People are promoted because they are well-known to be mature, helpful,  and be willing to help out when they can. So yeah, admins have to be well-known and sorta popular to get promoted. It's not just 1 or 2 people knowing them and thinking they would be good admins. A majority of the community would have to agree to them being an admin. Otherwise, it would be like promoting someone who you know nothing about.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncă‚‹": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »
+1
1: rNd TTT is 2 years old.
2: rNd is about 5 years old.

F.P.S Russian was a cool guy, until we found out the kind of things that he did. It was only a matter of time. He was very manipulative and was actually generally liked by everyone until he stopped caring enough to hide the stupid shit he was doing. Your arguments are baseless. I honestly do not see the same thing you do: I joined RND about a year ago, after "the good old days", because I saw an open and inviting community. And that was long before I found out about the existence of the forums.

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2012, 08:36:40 AM »
And I guess you never really heard him when he talked to us.

We didn't treat him badly when we first joined. We encourage new players to come and feel welcomed. At first, I treated him like anyone else. Trying to help them and give them a few pointers. Then, he just started acting a bit idiotic. I tried telling him to cut it out otherwise it would end badly, other admins did too, but he kept on going and going and doing dumb stuff until the point when he started ghosting and just plainly insulting those who punished him for his actions.

Never ONCE have I seen anyone who was a regular and above ignore new players and not try to help them (unless there was somebody else helping them)

I started out the same way. Made some friends, became a regular, and stayed like that for a long time. I was really immature when it came to that, and people didn't think twice about telling me about it and stop being an idiot. So I listened. As for the people you supposedly say try to get involved in the community and get ignored, they take it the wrong way. They just full-out think you're trying to shut them up and keep them from getting involved with the others. Many of our members don't sugar-coat our words, they just plain out go and say it. People (like F.P.S Russian) just don't want to admit they're acting a bit out-of-hand and don't try to make themselves better. That's when the community starts to dislike someone.

The reason the thread was locked was because Excalipoor didn't bring any proof to the table, he simply thought that if he reported someone it should get approved and that we should "trust his word for it" When his argument was challeneged he just began lashing back destructively and just making it worse.

People are promoted because they are well-known to be mature, helpful,  and be willing to help out when they can. So yeah, admins have to be well-known and sorta popular to get promoted. It's not just 1 or 2 people knowing them and thinking they would be good admins. A majority of the community would have to agree to them being an admin. Otherwise, it would be like promoting someone who you know nothing about.

All ^ that....seems legit

Seems like I'm not the only one but I tried my best at first to signal to russian with a snide remark here and there or just flat out saying, look you're obnoxious as all hell and rdming because someone insulted you or whatever stupid reason, definitely not ok. But he is and more then likely always will be one of my top five most hated "player personalities". It has nothing to do with what rules he broke, it's the way he reacts towards those who try to tell him it was wrong he either insults them personally or denies his involvement entirely, not to mention he's just a bother. So when you say the server is based on popularity I agree to an extent I mean think, will Russian ever get reg? Probably not I know even if he changes his act around I'll never  :thumbsup: a reg app with his  name on it and maybe I'm wrong for thinking that way but he fucked up on numerous occassions and because of this my image of him is, rdming, trolling, karma baiting, ghosting, idiotic, douche. (that part where hotgreen said
Many of our members don't sugar-coat our words, they just plain out go and say it.
pretty true) it's simply never going to happen.