Author Topic: Tech...  (Read 367 times)

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
Tech...
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
1. Player's SteamID (STEAM_0:0:1234): STEAM_0:1:21481942 (im sure you could figure that one out)

2. Players Nickname: Tech

3. Your in-game name: Degtyarev

4. Server name (Wirebuild, Zombie Survival) Wirebuild

5. Description of the event(s):] Well simply put, tech disabled addons of wirebuild for essentially the reason "butthurt". In a bit more detail, I created a brick'd tank (couldnt even move, no guns attached) that was next to indestructible, to play upon techs ammo missile. After I pasted everyone was messing around trying to find ways to destroy it , enjoying the challenge as far as I saw. Tech then begins raging about this being unfair, and tells everyone he will disable ACF, which he does. I try explaining that it wasnt serious, and he completely ignores this, and continues complaining. I message him in steam about it, same result. Pretty much the end of this incident.

6. Reason for ban: As above, abuse of admin powers, promoting people without apps (though not specifically what this report is about)

7. Screenshots or demo(s) | Optional console log(s)
Im sure logs would prove ACF being disabled, but Ill post this anyways.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17652887/T1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17652887/T2.png
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
Re: Tech...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »
Lol, those pictures don't really prove much if you other guys know what i'm saying...but i'm sure we seem why.

Well, first of all, that ACF menu doesn't prove that tech turned it off. Also, I don't see HOW he's admin abusing. The proof = obviously ain't enough.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:04:14 PM by WarEclipse™ »

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
Lol, those pictures don't really prove much if you other guys know what i'm saying...but i'm sure we seem why.
Logs would prove it, but this... Is just for the sake of the report, not to mention teeny re-enabled it.

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
Why did you say that Tech disabled it then? If teeny obviously isn't proved of disabling/reenabling it, then why are you mensioning them? Could be Anyone...with a reason, ofcourse.

Also, I'm not even that sure (even though those pics may prove that it's most likely wirebuild) if you were on zombie survival...or (unlikely) wirebuild at the time someone like Tech was abusing. All I see is that The ACF menu isn't visible, and that you and tech both are just talking about your tank equipment and whatnot - still, I'd say it was something you did that caused him to do whatever was neccessary. And I don't see too many complaints about Tech from those 'console' logs you took, either.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:09:10 PM by WarEclipse™ »

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »
Why did you say that Tech disabled it then? If teeny obviously isn't proved of disabling/reenabling it, then why are you mensioning them? Could be Anyone...with a reason, ofcourse.

Also, I'm not even that sure (even though those pics may prove that it's most likely wirebuild) if you were on zombie survival...or (unlikely) wirebuild at the time someone like Tech was abusing. All I see is that The ACF menu isn't visible, and that you and tech both are just talking about your tank equipment and whatnot - still, I'd say it was something you did that caused him to do whatever was neccessary. And I don't see too many complaints about Tech from those 'console' logs you took, either.
It was teeny who re-enabled them, and tech who disabled them, tech even said he did, and said he would.

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »
Well, we'll just need proof of teeny re-enabling them. And second, if tech disabled them, then we'll need to know more...from him, too. And by the way, just because you say so doesn't mean it's all true. Nothing personal, to be honest with you. It's just that first of all, you said that tech disabled them, and now you're telling us teeny reenabled them. So if tech disabled them himself, how does telling us he did even prove such a thing? Also, don't make a report about someone for admin-abusing if you don't have proof. Because I don't see tech abusing at all. Infact, to be honest, I don't even know tech as much as anyone else does on the forum, but even though people say he's abusing and whatnot, doesn't really prove:
-He's disabling the ACF menu
-Nor Abusing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:17:27 PM by WarEclipse™ »

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
Well, we'll just need proof of teeny re-enabling them. And second, if tech disabled them, then we'll need to know more...from him, too. And by the way, just because you say so doesn't mean it's all true. Nothing personal, to be honest with you. It's just that first of all, you said that tech disabled them, and now you're telling us teeny reenabled them. So if tech disabled them himself, how does telling us he did even prove such a thing? Also, don't make a report about someone for admin-abusing if you don't have proof. Because I don't see tech abusing at all. Infact, to be honest, I don't even know tech as much as anyone else does on the forum, but even though people say he's abusing and whatnot, doesn't really prove:
-He's disabling the ACF menu
-Nor Abusing.
Pictures prove it was, and the reasoning for it, only log can prove beyond a doubt that it was him, since its not something seen like hitting a button or throwing a bomb.

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »
First of all, the logs show that the acf menu is obviously NOT visible and an error showing an 'arguement' over a cl_ACF_gui.lua. That would probably have something to do with the ACF menu. But I don't see how he could've disabled it. I don't see how teeny could've re-enabled it. Infact, even if you're right, why would anyone like you for instance - ban an admin like Tech without proof of him abusing? I don't see him promoting anyone in the logs. And mabye tech did disable the acf-menu; but I bet it was because you built a damn 50-ton brick-like tank to just try and destroy every object (or everyone) in it's way. For all I know, the logs don't show you using a tank, either. But I can clearly see that tech didn't disable it. However, even if he did, he could say something about it himself on here without you saying it for him nor teeny. I'm not saying I trust them more than you nor less, but I trust you and them both fairly enough to realize proof is the only truth there is.

Quote: "tech disabled addons of wirebuild for essentially the reason "butthurt""

Well I don't see him saying so and I don't see any other addons he's disabled other than the ACF menu - if he really did disable it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:40:46 PM by WarEclipse™ »

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
This requires research. I would really like teeny's input on this.

And eclipse, reports on admins are allowed, but they are typically reviewed by the other admins. Not regulars. Unless you were there, you don't need to say anything other than to ask questions where you are confused.

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
Alright...

How did teeny re-enable the Acf menu, but how did Tech disable it?

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »
Alright...

How did teeny re-enable the Acf menu, but how did Tech disable it?

They're both admins.

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
I mean, how does the logs prove that either of them disabled/re-enabled it?

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
I mean, how does the logs prove that either of them disabled/re-enabled it?

It doesn't. This is where the admins come in. The ones who have access to the logs, and know what to look for.

Also, deg, i see that demo. Any reason you chose not to upload it?

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »

It doesn't. This is where the admins come in. The ones who have access to the logs, and know what to look for.

Also, deg, i see that demo. Any reason you chose not to upload it?
Oh shit forgot about it, lol. Ill upload it in a bit.

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 06:08:15 PM »
Degtyarev, aren't you actually gonna record a second video and upload them both aswell incase?... Half of the logs or whatever and then add the second half, aswell? Sounds like a plan.

Not to be in a pisshat angle here (in my point of view I think everyone else thinks so,) but i'm confused, how is tech admin abusing? I'm just asking questions.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:12:24 PM by WarEclipse™ »