Author Topic: you guys need to be more active on the forum  (Read 569 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Re: you guys need to be more active on the forum
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »
Just wait.
I will.
With my browser open 24/7 and everything.
I've literally been turning it on with the forums on from the second I wake up to the second I sleep LOL.
Not because I want to have more time online... just because I use my computer every now and then, and don't ever turn it off.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline YomoFox

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum MemberCat Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 08:06:29 PM »
spam

↑ active

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »
Good job putting my post in the bin. Doesn't change the point that a lot of threads are really retarded.

http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,11321.msg154455.html#msg154455

Nevermind. I'll keep kidzworld all to myself.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:34:02 PM by Sanders »

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »
Good job putting my post in the bin. Doesn't change the point that a lot of threads are really retarded.

Nevermind.

I'm not sure whether it's sadder that someone binned that post or that you had to point it out.

Either way, kidzworld seems like a mature community. We have a lot to learn from them.

Offline Seb

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »

Nevermind. I'll keep kidzworld all to myself.

Sanders, you were cool at some point but now you seem to have a stick up your ass lately.
Miami's Finest

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 11:59:22 AM »
No I was always an ass. The one with the stick up his ass is the mod that deleted my post. I think I've been bringing my /g/ attitude here though. On that same note, fuck all these high school threads.

I'll make a thread and stop talking about shit I dont know about.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:02:05 PM by Sanders »

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
No I was always an ass. The one with the stick up his ass is the mod that deleted my post. I think I've been bringing my /g/ attitude here though. On that same note, fuck all these high school threads.

I'll make a thread and stop talking about shit I dont know about.

What little respect I had for you is now completely lost. You're in a community for a game whose main audience is 16 and below. We're a little to young and stupid for the big college man, I see.

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 12:11:47 PM »

What little respect I had for you is now completely lost. You're in a community for a game whose main audience is 16 and below. We're a little to young and stupid for the big college man, I see.

We should probably have this discussion on the anonyboard so we stop posting off topic.

http://ab.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=229

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »
We should probably have this discussion on the anonyboard so we stop posting off topic.

http://ab.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=229

Senior members. We can be off topic all we want.

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Apparently not since a mod is a faggot and deletes my posts.

In any case, ill repost what i put there here then.

We dont really need names cause it's obvious who's who here. IMO, encouraging a community of younger people alienates the older crowd.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
My counterpoint to that is the fact that the "older crowd" should be the ones who recognize that they are the wiser ones of the group, and should remember to adjust their behavior and demeanor as such.

You can't expect all of the posters here to be as smart as you deem they should be, since most of them are:

A- Young
B- Foreign (the newer members are increasingly so)
C- Have completely different interests and aspirations.

You must take into account the fact that although you may not like it, the "older crowd" is the outlier in the group. We should be the ones to adjust ourselves to be more patient with the younger crowd. Especially the ones who hide behind their computers.

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »
Alright fine. For the sake of argument, lets agree for A that older people should be more tolerating of the crap the younger people post. As for B, the foreigners are a great crowd, I dont even see them in the same category as the shitty kid posts unless they are in the same age group. In any case, C is irrelevant to the quality of the posts.

Like I said though, assume for the sake of argument that tolerance is what is required here. The original topic is, "You need to be more active." Lets bring that back around. It seems that a lot of the older members dont frequent as much, you think its possible that they have grown out of the type of discussion that goes on here?

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
Alright fine. For the sake of argument, lets agree for A that older people should be more tolerating of the crap the younger people post. As for B, the foreigners are a great crowd, I dont even see them in the same category as the shitty kid posts unless they are in the same age group. In any case, C is irrelevant to the quality of the posts.

Like I said though, assume for the sake of argument that tolerance is what is required here. The original topic is, "You need to be more active." Lets bring that back around. It seems that a lot of the older members dont frequent as much, you think its possible that they have grown out of the type of discussion that goes on here?

It's entirely possible, and happening around us all the time. RND has been around for, what, nearly 3 years now? That's a long time for people to grow, change, and develop other interests. The same old mannerisms and jokes grow stale and they drift off looking for other things that are more pertinent to their current interests.

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »
I have longed grown out of the type of most discussions on this forum. In any case, its leads to mods trolling or other members ranting and complaining, and then getting into a fight with each other. I see no course of action from any of the admins to resolve this unrelenting problem. What the difference is, the majority of rNd, or the young, don't see it as a problem. Though, the older members of the community see it as a great concern.

Now, onto what Deacon stated, sure old mannerisms and jokes may grow stale, but people will still hold a grudge against the person accused of action. What everyone must understand, is that you may post something that will change the opinion of one person, and any new member could think as this person being bad, or a troll. What is strange is that this has happened before, in 2009. Now that new member is a admin, and he/she might or might not still hold that grudge.
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Don

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »
That's just an assumption.
Sure, a few old members have left due to various reasons, but a lot of old members still frequently visit and post anyway. Mostly people have left because of personal reasons or school.
People will always come and go, no matter of the surroundings.

It's entirely possible, and happening around us all the time. RND has been around for, what, nearly 3 years now?
RND has been around for over 5 years.

I have longed grown out of the type of most discussions on this forum. In any case, its leads to mods trolling or other members ranting and complaining, and then getting into a fight with each other. I see no course of action from any of the admins to resolve this unrelenting problem. What the difference is, the majority of rNd, or the young, don't see it as a problem. Though, the older members of the community see it as a great concern.
You have 2654 posts, not counting posts in sections like this. If you actually have long grown out of this, why do you have one of the highest post counts out of everyone?

And where exactly did mods purposely troll people just to get into a fight with someone?