Author Topic: Changes to stronghold...  (Read 455 times)

Offline Tabitha

• I see a fire, in your eyes....
  • Respect: +31
Changes to stronghold...
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »
+1
Well firstly, I think that there are a few annoying problems in Stronghold...

1.How people can place props onto each other.
Me and my friend Sam were raiding a house and this person kept on placing prop ontop of each other and when we FINALLY
got through we were shot down and then when we came back (We have spawners just outside the place) all the props were back
and we had to go through it again. Can you please disable this somehow???
2.The awp is an extremely faggotry gun, it is over powered and ridiculous, can we somehow minimize the damage?
3.Only being able to carry 1 weapon crate around is a bit annoying because 1 person always has to put it in the base and then when they get out and lose ammo they can't buy anymore and end up dying (including secondary)
can we make it so you can carry 2?
4.If we could add a bigger selection of props that would be handy.
5.Map changing is annoying because sometimes to troll people choose the same map over and OVER again! I would suggest maybe making it so that the maps go around in a loop perhaps or if it's a certain map you can vote to the next map instead of going to that one and then the next map in line comes along to play on???

If some of these changes are impossible/very very hard to make then I understand.

-Sincerely Tabitha

If I dive too deep you'll pull me up, if I try to speak
you'll hear me out...If I get too weak you'll hold me
close...

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Re: Changes to stronghold...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:59:43 AM »
I agree with everything but 2 and 3. The awp is overpowered, but so is pretty much every weapon on there. The only weapon I would say that should be modified is the deagle, maybe auto, but definitely deagle. For the weapon crate, I think it's fine as is.
Anyhow, the first one is a pretty big nuisance. I think the best solution would be to make a delay in between the amount of time you can place a prop. That way they wouldn't be able to spam it so much, as it does get fairly annoying.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:02:16 AM »
That is what me and sam did but it didn't seem to affect the building :| We did it correctly and everything but it didn't work.

close...

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:04:59 AM »
That is what me and sam did but it didn't seem to affect the building :| We did it correctly and everything but it didn't work.
I don't understand? I'm saying that there should be a delay between time placing props added. Such as, after placing 3 or 4 props close to eachother you would have to then wait some amount of time before placing more.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:09:47 AM »
Oh sam only placed one O-o is that what the problem was D:<??

close...

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 06:15:40 AM »
Oh sam only placed one O-o is that what the problem was D:<??
One prop? wat

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 06:21:55 AM »
Wat D:

close...

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
The AWP is fine as it is.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »
If someone quickly places props in place of the ones you break when you're raiding, you should place spawners that are blocked RIGHT next to their base so that it takes a shitton of time.

After doing this, make spawns close to that base that you can spawn in. You can destroy their props as they build them.

If all else fails, pull a Ruben and C4 the shit out of everything and put a smiley face after their whole base is asplode.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
+2
I used to think the AWP was overpowered, and then I took a .338 to the knee.

Seriously, it's a sniper rifle. You get shot with one, and you're at the very least somewhat incapacitated.

What's REALLY unrealistic is getting shot twice with a gun, then being able to run, jump, and shoot just as fast as before.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 12:27:57 AM »
Gamefreak, this is a GAME not real life D: people play video games to escape real life -.-

close...

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 01:50:41 AM »
I don't understand? I'm saying that there should be a delay between time placing props added. Such as, after placing 3 or 4 props close to each other you would have to then wait some amount of time before placing more.

Sort of like that delay when you're building near an enemy's prop.
maybe use that?

1. I can agree that it gets annoying when people spam props like that, but if you're raiding in a pair, you can hit him from multiple areas. He won't be able to keep forever and will eventually lose.

2. The AWP is also one of the most expensive guns out there. Also, same reasons as Sabb and Gamefreak.

3. I don't think this needs to be changed. What I do is just remove it right after I finish using it, and go back to my raiding. Repeat process.

4. I don't see how it could hurt (as long as they aren't bigger than the biggest prop already)

5. I don't understand why people complain about the map change. I understand it gets annoying when it's the same map, but the majority chooses what map they want to play.

Quick question though, wasn't there like a contract that kept you from making ANY modification to the game?

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 03:31:22 AM »
maybe use that?

1. I can agree that it gets annoying when people spam props like that, but if you're raiding in a pair, you can hit him from multiple areas. He won't be able to keep forever and will eventually lose.

2. The AWP is also one of the most expensive guns out there. Also, same reasons as Sabb and Gamefreak.

3. I don't think this needs to be changed. What I do is just remove it right after I finish using it, and go back to my raiding. Repeat process.

4. I don't see how it could hurt (as long as they aren't bigger than the biggest prop already)

5. I don't understand why people complain about the map change. I understand it gets annoying when it's the same map, but the majority chooses what map they want to play.

Quick question though, wasn't there like a contract that kept you from making ANY modification to the game?

Dunno about the contract, Ask coolz O-o

1.We tried that but there was like only 1 entrance. And the rest were covered by some other guys.

2.Still even though the awp is expensive it is VERY annoying. (Aimbot+AWP=FFFUUUUUUUUU)

3.Yes I do that too just still, I don't see a problem in being able to have 2?

4.Yeah.

5.Well it is very annoying when everyone chooses the most SMALLEST maps EVER when there's 13 people on >_> then people have to make bases out of props or something.

close...

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
+1
(Aimbot+AWP=FFFUUUUUUUUU)

Yes, because an aimbotter with a FAMAS is much less threatening.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
maybe use that?

Nop, just can't distribute the modified code or something like that.