Author Topic: Accused of aimbot, banned for aimbot, i don't use an aimbot  (Read 715 times)

Offline Don

Re: Accused of aimbot, banned for aimbot, i don't use an aimbot
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »

The point hes making is everyone supposedly hacks since as soon as you start gmod all the .dlls says "Last modified today" so it doesn't prove if someone hacks or not all it proves is when they played the game last.
... Which is why we ask for the folder's last modified date, not for the date of the files inside of it.

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
    • The Vault
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »
... Which is why we ask for the folder's last modified date, not for the date of the files inside of it.

Ah my bad.

Offline Chaoss

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »
Well then Sherlock, how else are you gonna find out whether someone's hacking or not?

Sure it's stupid, but don't complain unless you know something better.

Also I'm waiting for Teeny on this one, usually admins don't unban people banned by other admins.

oh come on, Teeny's been on for several days but not responded here. I've proven I don't hack/i'm not stupid enough to hack on my steam account with over 200 games. Can you let me back in. I've played a little earlier on my other steam account but i'm missing all the ep1/2 content and got no guns/money. I worked hard to accumulate my guns/money.

I obviously wasn't hacking, i was shit talking which I've seen lots of people do. and I have read the rules and shit talking is not against the rules. No one is going to say they hack if they actually are actually hacking. Check your console/server logs, I'm sure there would be telltale signs of hacks if they were being used.

If i was going to hack on this server (thats an IF), i wouldn't but this is hypothetical) then the first thing I'd do is do it on one of my other steam accounts, one without any games on, second I wouldn't do it under my name... or my main ip address for that matter, third i wouldn't even do it on my main computer, who knows what malware 'hacks' come installed with. I'm not going to risk my workstation or my laptop for some stupid hack in a sandbox mod gamemode. Forth I don't have the time, energy or money to waste on hacking software. not to mention wasting money on buying cs+garry's mod for a steam account that'll wind up getting pac banned for cheating. and lastly what's the point in hacking, it takes all the fun out of the game. ever tried playing through call of duty with god mode on, it just aint fun and its really boring.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:22:42 AM by Chaoss »

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »
He seems legit :thumbsup:

Offline [TTPN] ShadowMoon

• Gamer
    • DeviantART
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »
oh come on, Teeny's been on for several days but not responded here. I've proven I don't hack/i'm not stupid enough to hack on my steam account with over 200 games. Can you let me back in. I've played a little earlier on my other steam account but i'm missing all the ep1/2 content and got no guns/money. I worked hard to accumulate my guns/money.

I obviously wasn't hacking, i was shit talking which I've seen lots of people do. and I have read the rules and shit talking is not against the rules. No one is going to say they hack if they actually are actually hacking. Check your console/server logs, I'm sure there would be telltale signs of hacks if they were being used.

If i was going to hack on this server (thats an IF), i wouldn't but this is hypothetical) then the first thing I'd do is do it on one of my other steam accounts, one without any games on, second I wouldn't do it under my name... or my main ip address for that matter, third i wouldn't even do it on my main computer, who knows what malware 'hacks' come installed with. I'm not going to risk my workstation or my laptop for some stupid hack in a sandbox mod gamemode. Forth I don't have the time, energy or money to waste on hacking software. not to mention wasting money on buying cs+garry's mod for a steam account that'll wind up getting pac banned for cheating. and lastly what's the point in hacking, it takes all the fun out of the game. ever tried playing through call of duty with god mode on, it just aint fun and its really boring.

:thumbsup:
No one that dumb wlll hack like the situation you stated.

Offline Chaoss

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 07:35:58 AM »

BUMP

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 08:42:27 AM »

BUMP

Bumping won't make people reply.

this post is self-contradictory

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »

Bumping won't make people reply.

this post is self-contradictory

:D ironic, eh?

A least if an unresolved topic does go beyond the first page, it will make it so people are aware of it.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »
Chaoss, post a screenshot of the right folder and this will all be solved.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »
Chaoss, post a screenshot of the right folder and this will all be solved.

I don't think you realize

How many times we've said that's NOT how it works.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »

So how does it work? I was under the impression that this would prove him Innocent.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline mickey0528

• TrollFace Loves You
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:31 PM »

Teach us how it works then?
Spoiler: Quotes from ppl (click to show/hide)

Offline Chaoss

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:02 AM »
It still says i'm banned when i try to join is anyone going to look at this?

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2012, 08:36:07 AM »
Teach us how it works then?

Not exactly the point - IF he is referring to the folder as in the folder contents, that IS meaningless because the DLL files get updated every time you start gmod - even posting the folder itself and just its last modified date may be dubious since moving folders in there causes it - which could be moving hax in there, or the case of moving folders in there by accident - and even copying the folder itself causes a modified "last modified" date - which means you could potentially be accusing those who just back their folders up of hax.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »
Not exactly the point - IF he is referring to the folder as in the folder contents, that IS meaningless because the DLL files get updated every time you start gmod - even posting the folder itself and just its last modified date may be dubious since moving folders in there causes it - which could be moving hax in there, or the case of moving folders in there by accident - and even copying the folder itself causes a modified "last modified" date - which means you could potentially be accusing those who just back their folders up of hax.

...Nevermind, sure. Let him post his bin folder, teeny will take care of it eventually.