Author Topic: Accused of aimbot, banned for aimbot, i don't use an aimbot  (Read 715 times)

Offline Ἆxule

Re: Accused of aimbot, banned for aimbot, i don't use an aimbot
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »
OK i'll try not to, sorry it's my bristolian blood coming out i'm very snappy it's just me. i really dislike being accused of something i obviosuly wouldn't do

and is this any good

almost. if you notice, in Don's SS, it shows you the date it was last modified.
Click your bin folder ONCE to show this. You have the right place though, just need to click that folder.

(Once will show you details of said folder, twice will direct you inside that said folder)

Offline Chaoss

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »

there

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
Lets not forget gamefreak has a bit of experience with hacking. I say we trust him.

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
    • The Vault
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »
Lets not forget gamefreak has a bit of experience with hacking. I say we trust him.

Nope, GameUI.dll and all those file get modify everytime you start gmod atleast for me anyways they all say i last modified them today Lol

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012, 03:58:53 PM »
Nope, GameUI.dll and all those file get modify everytime you start gmod atleast for me anyways they all say i last modified them today Lol

I'll test that now

And for the record, the only thing I learned from hacking is that screenshotting your bin folder means nothing. My bypass went in the addons folder, and didn't modify anything else. It WAS an addon.

I tested what Shawn said, and he's right. Same goes for every .dll in the garrysmod/garrysmod/bin folder.

That being said, you're all idiots for making people screen their /bin/ folder.

Not necessarily idiots per se, but it doesn't make any decent sense how you guys determine if someone is hacking.

Offline Chaoss

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »
Well i'm not hacking, and if i was i wouldn't be stupid enough to admit it. I wouldn't hack on my main steam account with over 200 games i'd rather not get pac banned or what ever it is from steam

Offline Chaoss

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
wtf it still says im banned can someone clear this up

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »
I'll test that now

And for the record, the only thing I learned from hacking is that screenshotting your bin folder means nothing. My bypass went in the addons folder, and didn't modify anything else. It WAS an addon.

I tested what Shawn said, and he's right. Same goes for every .dll in the garrysmod/garrysmod/bin folder.

Not necessarily idiots per se, but it doesn't make any decent sense how you guys determine if someone is hacking.
Believe it or not, I agree and already suggested we change it as it doesn't work.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Targnil

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 05:32:52 AM »
Come'on.. Just unban the guy.
I think you guys are being way to harsh since there is no solid proof. I'd be pissed off too and felt like being insulted for accused aimboting without proper proof.
How about unban and keep an eye on the guy undercover in case of hacks.

Offline Chaoss

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »
Come'on.. Just unban the guy.
I think you guys are being way to harsh since there is no solid proof. I'd be pissed off too and felt like being insulted for accused aimboting without proper proof.
How about unban and keep an eye on the guy undercover in case of hacks.

Agree! you can tell if someones aimbotting by using the admin only spectate feature built into stronghold, admins type ulx_spec [playername] (or was it ulx_spectate, it was one of the 2, it's been a while) and you see a first person perspective of the players, if they 'snap' to players heads all the time then they are using an auto aimer, make sure they snap to players a few times and you are sure because lag can give the illusion of snapping when in fact it's just dropped packets. Look forward 2 seeing u all ingame again soon

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 08:41:25 AM »
Agree! you can tell if someones aimbotting by using the admin only spectate feature built into stronghold, admins type ulx_spec [playername] (or was it ulx_spectate, it was one of the 2, it's been a while) and you see a first person perspective of the players, if they 'snap' to players heads all the time then they are using an auto aimer, make sure they snap to players a few times and you are sure because lag can give the illusion of snapping when in fact it's just dropped packets. Look forward 2 seeing u all ingame again soon

Really? I never knew what aimbotting looked like before. Thanks.

By the way, we use ASSMod. Not ULX.

Offline Don

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »

Well then Sherlock, how else are you gonna find out whether someone's hacking or not?

Sure it's stupid, but don't complain unless you know something better.

Also I'm waiting for Teeny on this one, usually admins don't unban people banned by other admins.

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »
Well then Sherlock, how else are you gonna find out whether someone's hacking or not?

Also I'm waiting for Teeny on this one, usually admins don't unban people banned by other admins.

I was just pointing out that even if their bin folder is clean, it's still very, very possible that they're hacking anyway.

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
    • The Vault
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »

The point hes making is everyone supposedly hacks since as soon as you start gmod all the .dlls says "Last modified today" so it doesn't prove if someone hacks or not all it proves is when they played the game last.

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 09:22:48 AM »

The point hes making is everyone supposedly hacks since as soon as you start gmod all the .dlls says "Last modified today" so it doesn't prove if someone hacks or not all it proves is when they played the game last.

...no, that's actually not the point I'm making

It only says the folder was modified if you put a NEW file into the folder (i.e. hacks,) not game DLL's.

The point that I'm making is that some hacks go in the addons folder. Maybe some are injectors, but I've never seen any. And since you can't ban someone for modifying their addons folder, (herp) you can't know FOR SURE that someone is clean because of one folder.