Author Topic: Idea to stop stronghold hackers  (Read 388 times)

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
Re: Idea to stop stronghold hackers
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Yeah postin IP's would be worse FAR worse because I think that breaks a law maybe?
And I think the accuracy is good for VIP's and Admins because that would help my us out a lot (well at least me)

But... we already post IPs on Sourcebans.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 10:27:43 PM »
Yeah postin IP's would be worse FAR worse because I think that breaks a law maybe?
And I think the accuracy is good for VIP's and Admins because that would help my us out a lot (well at least me)

But... we already post IPs on Sourcebans.

It's not violating a law, it's just not a good idea to openly give away a list of players that were banned becasue if one of those players gets banned on several servers that they have never been on they will get pissed. In the case of [community that mass-banned Seth hackers and realeased the Steam IDs] a few of those people had the ability to DDoS and hammered them.

There is no harm in posting the IPs/Steam IDs descreetly but advertising it will do no good.

As for the accuracy thing, it will be realy handy to have it.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Pilgrim

• Respect: +8
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »
I think the idea to add names of banned hackers to loadin screen is a bad idea.
People could start to think of it as an accolade. They get their name broadcaste on a high profile server.
You could however, put up something like "twenty hackers banned this year".