Author Topic: Hotgreen Admin abuse  (Read 254 times)

Offline DrOctagonnapus

• that one guy
Hotgreen Admin abuse
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »
1. Player's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:28960727

2. Players Nickname: .:~RND`=- Hotgreensoldier

3. Your in-game name: Dr.Octagonnapus

4. Server name: Zombie survival

5. Description of the event(s): Abuse of admin powers/ Random turning into zombie

6. Reason for demote:  Enforcing "his" rule of no spawn camping when the server rules clearly do not state this AT ALL.. And punishing people for even being CLOSE to the zombie spawn..In this demo he "zombifies" me for getting two kills on the edge of the spawn then retreating back towards the door just to be turned into a zombie by a greater force.. Turns out its hotgreen angry because i got two kills? Possibly a grudge from previous playtime? Who knows..? Only hotgreen i would imagine.Upon proclaiming that this was admin abuse he just laughs at my accusations. I assume he will be here shortly to discuss how i was spawn camping and what not. I recorded what i was doing and it sure looks a lot like a teenager using his powers for "lols" with a disguise of " its breaking a rule that doesnt exist " Once he proclaimed not to spawn camp i stayed back.. as my recording shows.. I tried to get one kill to get health boost since.. Everyone was shooting all at once i move to the edge of the ramps and kill 1 or 2 zombies just to get turned into one. I'm sorry but people who act like this don't deserve admin

7. Screen shots or demo(s) | http://www.filedropper.com/admin_1

PS  . Steam id inside DEM folder. Im sure its on his admin/vip app as well
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:42:16 AM by DrOctagonnapus »
(Guest) Karma Sondash: i will suck your cock Dr.Octagonapus

Rick :trollface:'d

Offline Don

Re: Hotgreen Admin abuse
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »
"His" rule has been discussed with multiple people.
It is true that it's not on the rules list when joining the servers, but it's on this list, which is pretty much official as well:
http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,7835.0.html

You knew that you'd get zombified if you stood on that ledge or next to spawn.
You still did it.
You got your (very, very minor) punishment for it.

Also your report is supposed to be objective - the description of the events shouldn't be about how you think hotgreen is being childish and holding a grudge against you.

Offline DrOctagonnapus

• that one guy
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
Im sure you already talked with hotgreen.. But i wasnt spawncamping... Nor is it about if i think he is childish.. He isnt... Nor did i state that it was him holding a grudge. You took it out of context.

didnt edit it out its still there
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:21:38 AM by DrOctagonnapus »

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »
Here ya go:

STEAM_0:1:28960727

That's my steamID.

You were told to STAY AWAY from spawn. This is not "my" rule. I have discussed it with a super admin, two other admins, and a VIP. We agreed that if enough warning was given, ZOMBIFYING (Not kicking, not banning, not anything severe like that) is a eligible punishment.

You still stayed near spawn and it doesn't matter if you came for a little bit. It's like saying "oh, I'm going to have for a tiny bit and stop. I shouldn't be punished."

You were told many times to stop spawn camping and yet you did it anyways. You were not the only one affected so stop saying that I was "targetting" you. The only one who appeared to be mad at the time was you because punishment was taken against something that you shouldn't have been doing.

EDIT: Actually, Don was watching the whole time too. He gave me your name (because zombies can't see humans names)

"turns out Hotgreen was "angry" for me getting two kills?.." You knew why you got zombified. You were informed many times and you still stood next to the ledge. rules =/= angry
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:50:04 AM by Hotgreensoldier »
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline DrOctagonnapus

• that one guy
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:53:49 AM »
Its all in the replay i shouldnt have to say any more

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:00:52 AM »
And you DID say that "Maybe it was him holding a grudge for something done before"

You just edited it out.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 02:16:45 PM »
The spawn camping has been cleared up by Coolz. It IS allowed.

However, this was not admin abuse due to the fact it was done upon sayings of multiple ranked members. You were not the only one conflicted and it seemed as though you were doing the same.

It was not simply going out and killing everyone

I am not going to lock this due to the fact it is made upon me. Just putting in there was a REASON behind the ban. Not just aimlessly punishing people for no reason.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »

EDIT: Actually, Don was watching the whole time too. He gave me your name (because zombies can't see humans names)

The only way for Zs to see human names is to pay attention to, screenshot if you wish, who killed who on the upper-right [.:'=-~rNd~-=':. Terminal Cancer [pistol symbol] [some zombie's name] for example] when you are killed [or someone else is killed]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:55:33 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »
When ever I play zombie survival, I normally spawn camp for the first 2 waves. I do not think this should be punishable. It should be up to the map maker to create a map that prevents spawn camping.

The point of the game mode is to survive. I see this as getting the most amount of weapons and killing the most amount of zombies.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »
When ever I play zombie survival, I normally spawn camp for the first 2 waves. I do not think this should be punishable. It should be up to the map maker to create a map that prevents spawn camping.

The point of the game mode is to survive. I see this as getting the most amount of weapons and killing the most amount of zombies.

Hence why it's allowed ._.

It was not SAID to have been allowed or not at the time of the incident.

But it was discussed between other members (not Coolz yet) that overexcessive spawn camping was not allowed as long as sufficient warning was given.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:32:54 PM by Hotgreensoldier »

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
Hence why it's allowed ._.
Then why do you zombify people

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 03:30:56 PM »

The point of the game mode is to survive.

Ugh, I don't WANT to throw this thread offtopic as it is not my thing, but this BEGS that I do it, it nags at me.

It is called zombie survival - but the name IMPLIES that zombies are even allowed to pose some sort of a threat in the first place - a threat that is killed when people camp in the fog, kill as zombies start moving in the fog, etc.  You remove that ability to pose a threat, you aren't "surviving," you're just slaughtering in a way that makes others not want to play because it is virtually impossible to do so.  I don't mean any disrespect on a personal level, just the "hurp durp it's called survival" shit feels so phony, so superficial, so "grasping at straws" like.  You can't claim you're trying to survive against a threat if you remove the threat, and if you camp in the way that infected hospital allows, then you do so both by getting them before they become a threat - when they come into existence more so where the problem lies - and not making people want to stick around, which is why I really think coolz's decision is erroneous [not that I can do anything about it, just my opinion].

[For the record: I HAVE started as zombie, and redeemed - from there surviving to the end of wave 10.  In spite of this, I still think the map sucks, and the issue maps like it create sucks, and is detrimental to gameplay.]

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:35:19 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »
Ugh, I don't WANT to throw this thread offtopic as it is not my thing, but this BEGS that I do it, it nags at me.

It is called zombie survival - but the name IMPLIES that zombies are even allowed to pose some sort of a threat in the first place - a threat that is killed when people camp in the fog, kill as zombies start moving in the fog, etc.  You remove that ability to pose a threat, you aren't "surviving," you're just slaughtering in a way that makes others not want to play because it is virtually impossible to do so.  I don't mean any disrespect on a personal just the "hurp durp it's called survival" shit feels so phony, so superficial, so "grasping at straws" like.
Surviving =  Staying alive.

More than half of the time zombies win.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »
Then why do you zombify people

You made the replies before I finished modifying Dx

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »
You made the replies before I finished modifying Dx
Ah, I see.

Well you better warn people VERRRYY well.

Use the chat thing that displays on everyone screen.