Author Topic: Regarding VIP Applications; Required +1's  (Read 103 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Regarding VIP Applications; Required +1's
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
A long while ago, I made a few threads about reducing the required number of admin +1's in order to get VIP. Eventually, the whole 3 VIP +1's = 1 admin +1 to a maximum of 2 additional admin +1's was implemented. It seems now that me, Don, and Hotgreen have been promoted, that it's again too much, even with the whole VIP +1 thing. I would just like to suggest changing that to have fewer required admin +1's to be promoted, as it seems some of the admins who are meant to approve applications aren't as active any more. For example, Cake Face was very very close to not getting promoted to VIP again, even though he's been in the community for a long time, acts mature and everything else a VIP should have, and as far as I know, no one has anything negative to say about him. So I just think that the number should be lowered just by one maybe?
I would like this to be discussed if possible, I want to hear everyone else's opinions.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
Re: Regarding VIP Applications; Required +1's
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »
It does seem like a good idea to lower the required admin +1's. Many of the admins who are on the list don't actually vote on the apps, or even look at them from what it looks like. We should either lower the needed admins or remove some of the inactive-active VIP approvers.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncă‚‹": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:46:28 AM »
I am going to disagree with this.

We really don't want to be putting ourselves in a position where we begin to dilute down the vip's. I really like the fact that we can put as much trust into the vip's as we can. If we start relaxing the requirements were going to get a larger number of bad vips.

That said remember with these applications you're not looking for your friends, or how long they have played in the servers. You are looking for how they handle themselves in situations, and their ability to remain impartial in stressful situations.

As a note, if one of you see a VIP application, and feel he would be a good candidate, but it looks like he might not get it. Send me a pm about it, and give me a few short reasons why you feel this way, and I'll look at his app, and how he has handled himself in the forums and add my input.

I know I am supposed to go through the VIP applications myself, however due to the large number of other responsibilities I have outside of Rnd all I really lack much time time to do anything but skim a few sections, so I cant really take an in-depth look at applications.

Bring it to my attention and I will look at it.

That said, if you are pm'ing me every day about someone Else's application I am going to start questioning you, as I would have a hard time believing  we suddenly had such a large influx of outstanding players. (even though I would prefer this to be the reason).
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Don

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:42:53 AM »
I think it's fine too.

As of right now, it's very hard to get VIP, which is good in my opinion. The people that should be VIP got it (and can still get it which cake proved), so it's quite good at the moment.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
Problem is, I don't have time to PM every semi-unactive admin (due to w.e, not saying it offensively) explaining why I think someone should get VIP. And I know VIP isn't based on the person being your friend or not or the amount of time active .__. I always say that... but with Cake Face specifically, he probably wouldn't have actually gotten VIP, but I did ask around for people to comment on it.
Now, I don't think there would be too many VIPs if the number required were lowered any, as the admins should know who would suit VIP well and who wouldn't.
An example of what I'm saying is with Purple and Axule. Axule more so, as he helps with soooo many reports, FULLY understands the rules, manages situations quite well in a mature matter, etc, but this is his third or fourth time applying, and it seems he's probably going to get denied again.
Anyways though, the reality of it seems to me that the proper ratio of admin +1's is closer to 5/6 +1's rather than 2/3, as again, some admins don't have the time or what ever reason to approve/deny the apps. Not saying it's anyone's fault of course, just seems to me to be necessary.

Offline Don

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 07:18:10 AM »
http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,2969.0.html

It seems that someone got removed.

I actually think it's too low this way, but whatever.

Thread inert?

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »
http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,2969.0.html

It seems that someone got removed.

I actually think it's too low this way, but whatever.

Thread inert?
What?

Offline Don

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »
What?
It's 6 now while it was 7 before? ._.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »
I never saw it at 7 lol.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 08:27:10 AM »

After speaking to Tomcat and pointing out how he very rarely posted on VIP applications it was determined it would be better that he would be removed from the list of active voters and he could be re-added upon request.

Tomcat's removal lowered the count from 7 to 6.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 01:15:27 PM »
Anyways... I think I've changed my mind on this lol.
Doesn't seem too bad.