Author Topic: making a map  (Read 229 times)

Offline JIGSAW

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +36
making a map
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:10:58 PM »
If your happening to make a map you must know what game mode the map should be and the idea

second don't make a map in like ten seconds that it ends up to be a waste of time

third my recommendation to a good map is have doors that open on E not opens on touch it reduces the chances of you getting stuck in that door

fourth make sure you don't have any gaps in the map like you can see the outside of the map

fifth ADD LIGHTING if you don't add light just to save time thinking it will light automatically that will only prevent download to the players

sixth if you want to add custom models or models from other player's cough YELLOW KILLER cough you MUST USE PAK RAT so the players can download it and not have a big error and make sure you ask the permission of the person who made the model DON'T BE A FAGGOT AND STEAL SOMEONE'S IDEA WITHOUT PERMISSON

And Finally you want to review your map for no flaws and if I missed something please put in the comment section below

if you followed these step the outcomes of your map should be success full NOTE THIS IS NOT A GUIDE ON HOW TO GET YOUR MAP ON THIS SERVER THANKS FOR READING

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
Re: making a map
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 04:38:55 PM »
I see you are a professional at making maps...

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »
Jigsaw,
this guide is really derpy.

Also,
if you don't add a light to a map, it will just use fullbright by default. It wont affect your download.

Offline Yellow Killer

• Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• It's a YellowCoin, not a YomoCoin.
  • Respect: +293
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »
i think somebody beated you to the punch: http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,4273.0.html
Remember to yellow when I kill you.

Offline JIGSAW

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »
thanks for the support cable (DERP)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 05:48:25 PM »
fourth make sure you don't have any gaps in the map like you can see the outside of the map

fifth ADD LIGHTING if you don't add light just to save time thinking it will light automatically that will only prevent download to the players

...you do realize that the map will default to fullbright if theres a leak or "gaps in the map like you can see the outside of the map"?

Therefore, it's impossible to add lighting if theres a leak. :l

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline JIGSAW

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 05:58:26 PM »
+1
good point but I'm only human That's trying to help rnd is that wrong

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 06:06:21 PM »
good point but I'm only human That's trying to help rnd is that wrong

This isn't helping though.

This is like saying "Heres how to solve a complex math equation"
and then just listing things like "Make sure you keep your paper neat, and try to think really hard!" without actually explaining HOW to solve the equation.

It's either
A. Common sense
B. Completely useless

Also

DON'T BE A FAGGOT AND STEAL SOMEONE'S IDEA WITHOUT PERMISSON

:l

Just wat.

Offline JIGSAW

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
I love it how people correct me on crucing someone out when they do it when no ones looking and would you be pissed if you worked on something and someone just stole it with out credit

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
I love it how people correct me on crucing someone out when they do it when no ones looking and would you be pissed if you worked on something and someone just stole it with out credit

Look, I already told you once, but can you PLEASE write with correct grammar? It makes it easier to understand what you're trying to tell us. Also, a tip for you: Don't make a guide unless you know what you're talking about. You're giving us tips about things you ASSUME we have to add. You have to make sure you add decals, details, sky box etc...

And if you make a guide, at least put more effort then you just did.

As yellow killer stated, someone already made a guide which explains way more then yours, and is very well made. You should make sure you check on the forums before making a guide to see if someone already made one before you. It reduces the amount of useless threads/posts.

http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,4273.0.html

/Rant

Offline JIGSAW

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 06:56:14 PM »
yeah i would chect the post but do you know how many posts have been made on this site I even search on map tutorials and surprisingly I don't know how he found it lol well this was a waste all I wanted was to contribute to rnd because I feel like a horse's ass so I thought hey why don't I give back fired so how do I fix something that will have negative affects on both sides

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »
yeah i would chect the post but do you know how many posts have been made on this site I even search on map tutorials and surprisingly I don't know how he found it lol well this was a waste all I wanted was to contribute to rnd because I feel like a horse's ass so I thought hey why don't I give back fired so how do I fix something that will have negative affects on both sides

...what.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 09:40:53 PM »
+1

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 03:06:05 AM »
To see what guides have been done already (and to advertise), I recommend this topic.
http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,5489.0.html

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 06:42:14 AM »

Look, I already told you once, but can you PLEASE write with correct grammar? It makes it easier to understand what you're trying to tell us.