Author Topic: DerTontaiLama's Ban Appeal  (Read 322 times)

Offline DerTontaiLama

• Youtube
DerTontaiLama's Ban Appeal
« on: September 06, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
1. Player's SteamID (STEAM_0:0:1234)
STEAM_0:1:35322575

2. Players Nickname
DerTontaiLama

3. Your in-game name
DerTontaiLama

4. Server name (Wirebuild, Zombie Survival)
Trouble in Terrorist Town

5. Description of the event(s)
Why I am banned, and what happend is here, in a report thread made by Axule: http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8079.0.html
Axule:
Lama had been suspecious a few times, killing Traitors without a reason. Finally Dark and I realized he was ghosting or hacking, later to find out it was hacks.
Axule seems to be primarily charging me for that incident where I killed 2 T's right after eachother. So I will focus on that.
Yeah, I did kill them. But not with hacks. I did it out of instinct.
The reason to I killed the first traitor, was because he stalked me into a smaller room with only one exit... I would not stand still, because if I did, he could go for an insta-headshot, so I jumped around the room. He kept staying in one place, following my every movement around the room, till I finally jumped up onto one of the window ledges where he blocked me, pulled out his deagle.
So, when he first followed me into the room, followed me every movement, blocked me, and pulled out his deagle - I knew that he was going to murder me, so I shot him before that could happen.
Turns out, he was the Traitor. And I was releifed. Shortly after, the other Traitor, which I later shot too, entered. I had already suspected him, since I had seen him along with the Traitor I just killed, all peacefully. When he said "Wow, nice job!", I decided he was the Traitor, since I always use that tactic myself, to sound like one of the innocent. And I shot him. He was the Traitor... I can agree now when I look through it again, that it was a dumb and unfair move made by me. But I was certainly not hacking.
Finally, I got 2 choices in these situations:

1) Shot the prime suspect, he is Traitor - get into trouble with the server.

2) Do not shot the prime suspect, get shot right after - Repeat this every round.

Dark Pacifist
After being warned several times by several of us he started practically bragging about it and started calling out and killing T's with no logical proof.
I did not to this on purpose. After the round ended, I seemed to have started a shitstorm, and just tried to take it cool.
However, after people kept napping at me for hacking, I got sarcastic and said things like: "Of course I was hacking! How else would you expect me to kill you?!" - And that is what people misunderstood for "bragging". I was being sarcastic through out this.

Axule:
SS4&5: Leaving after VIP joins
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*I used Falcon's vote change for a reference between the two
Pure coincedence.

Before I began making this appeal, I actually decided to contact Axule, and tell him my side of the story. He seemed pretty relax about it, and could see that it could maybe be changed to RDM instead of hacking. - He somewhat promised me to post in this thread as a clerafication for you guys to see I acutally spoke with him.

Point is, I do not not hack. I do not RDM either, I try to avoid that at every cost. However, I don't care if I get an RDM stamp onto my face, as long as it makes me play on the server again. Since, I could not imagine you guys just removing the "hacking" accusement and let me play again.

6. Reason for appeal
Could as well have been RDM.
So instead of banning me for hacking, change it to RDM instead, and soften the ban to "something that is not permanent".

7. Screenshots or demo(s) | Optional console log(s)
http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8079.0.html

8. Link to sourceban page
http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=DerTontaiLama&Submit=

That should be everything. Thank you for reading through. And please, ask any questions if you are un-sure of something.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:40:26 AM by DerTontaiLama »

Offline Castle

Re: DerTontaiLama's Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »
Man,i had to suffer without random TTT server for 3 weeks :(.

I feel your pain...so yeah

Unban  :thumbsup:

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
We did talk about this.
Right now I'm at school, so I can't type much.

I'm going to check the report again to be sure, but I believe he did attack innocents once or twice, which is weird when you have T hacks.

If it looks good to me, I'll support this.
I used to play with him long before and he was perfectly fine, I don't see why he would have changed now.

Offline aerobro

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:01:53 PM »
to be perfectly honest

i've usually been able to look at someone and just tell if they're acting like a traitor or not

however, i don't usually act on it

i would say give him another chance.

I've always been annoyed when it's bleedingly obvious someone is traitor, but I can't kill them because they haven't shot me yet.

not saying this is evidently the case here, but it wouldn't hurt to cut him some slack.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »

May you please give your reason as to the -1?
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »
After looking at the report again, I'm surprised it even got accepted for something as major as a perma. The only real proof of him rdming a T was the first screeenshot. The other one, there was a chance he could have seen the T kill me.

Anyways, like Gamefreak said, I even do this as well. Once you play with the same people for awhile, you get to know their ways and habits.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
to be perfectly honest

i've usually been able to look at someone and just tell if they're acting like a traitor or not

however, i don't usually act on it

i would say give him another chance.

I've always been annoyed when it's bleedingly obvious someone is traitor, but I can't kill them because they haven't shot me yet.

not saying this is evidently the case here, but it wouldn't hurt to cut him some slack.
I kill people for the way they act all the time lol. Doesn't mean it's RDM really. Just means you know how to play the game smart.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 03:05:46 AM »
DerTontaiLama sorry I was still confused as to how you still killed t's when they didn't do anything. As well you decided to run up and rdm me the moment after I bought my first t weapon on two consecutive rounds. Even so Don't start saying you hack just apologize to those that were rdmed  by you or something else don't make the problem bigger than it has to be. Since It might all be coincidental. :thumbsup:
Oh and since it seems it was instinct actually explain your reasoning so there isn't a problem.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:00:51 PM by Dark Pacifist »
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline DerTontaiLama

• Youtube
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »
Hello everyone.

It has now been 1 month since I published this appeal, and I'd thank you all for understanding the situation.  :)
However, I'm wondering, when will this get reviewed by an admin / mod, so that they may decide the final judgement?

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »
Sorry for this bump, but it's been over a month.
Maybe it was just forgotten or something. Anyways, can there be a final say soon please.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 03:31:16 PM »
Everything seems to check out, and I doubt that he was using Traitor hacks.

And even if it was just RDM, which I'm not sure if, it's been a long ass time so he's probably learned by now.

Unbanned.