Author Topic: 08/30/11 Application: UNIT  (Read 265 times)

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
08/30/11 Application: UNIT
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:02:17 AM »
Unit's VIP Application

Name: Chris

In RND since: November 27th, 2009

Times online: Sun-Sat, Usually from 10am-4am EST (on average), this schedule may change into 5pm-12/2am EST due to School.

Time Zone: GMT -5:00 (I believe).

Servers I mostly play on: TTT, Zombie Survival, Wirebuild (In that order).

Steam Name: 246978

Why I should be VIP: I've been here for around 2 years, and through that time, I've not only been subject to, but witness incredible troll sessions (to my displeasure), and quite honestly I don't think the people enjoyed that. Not to bitch, but TTT is awfully big now. All those guests. Practically Helpless until one or more of them act upon the situation (contact someone who can legitimately do something rather than yell at eachother in text), which is close to none most of the time, especially when there isn't a Reg/FamilliarGuests around. And can you imagine if it's a fair threat (H4x, Epic RDM, inciting majoirty of server population to Random the fuck out of itself, and/or a Detective/Traitor Handing out special weapons consistently etc).

Why I want to be VIP: Even though I feel/have stated previously that I'm perfectly okay with being Reg (Presumably forever) due to the fact that everything had settled down the last... handful of months I was here (only ever 1 or 2 problems every 3 weeks, and then I hadn't even been there for 3 weeks while being confined to Wirebuild), things have obviously changed. There are most certainly a numerous amount of new people coming to the servers/servers that I have never been to full of people I've never met, and It's also been obvious that there ARE potential minges/trolls/ actual trolls/minges out there. I feel that, since there are new people joining (and for the people that are already here) simply to have fun, they shouldn't be denied the ability to play the game, which is why they came in the first place.

Situations:

Someone is Dicking around on Wirebuild™

People "Sacrificing" (Letting a zombie kill them, in order to kill the person next to them in, say, a barricaded room) every other wave/map;

I guess this corresponds with Prox's
An official list of rules for each serverIn the sense that this is being exploited in a negative way.

Killing fellow Traitor buddies on TTT

Minging around/RDM/RDM "for one round only this time" (I know, but it does happen sometimes ._.) wherein Admins/VIPs are gone

RDMing the detective as an innocent (haven't seen in the time that I've been here, but the server is always usually packed to around 17-20 people (full). There's no telling with all that chaos.

Someone is glitching (not spawned on glitch, TTT and Flood)

Someone is using an aimbot (Who knows how hard people try ._.)

Someone is using speedhacks (Again, some players out there stop at nothing. It's not likely at this current time that a Noobh4x0r will get past the System, but...)

Someone is mic-spamming, general population wants him/her gone (I've experienced this recently, in fact. Earlier, er, Yesterday, for the most of you).

I would tell them how to mute people and that mic spamming is not a kick/bannable offense.

Someone is constantly disrespecting other people (Happens occasionally)

Contributions to RND:
I don't remember everything, but I do know the most recent (and even probably significant) contribution was to the TTT server, in Part with Cable, was the SWEP Icons for a couple guns (3)  :idk:

Things done In-Game: Various Wirebuild creations, attempts, things learned from others, Gone down Sledbuild a fair amount of times, Played ZS for the first time 2 days ago (?), Avid TTT player (when possible), helped others during the past (A little hot-headed then I'll admit, but that was a long time ago ._.)

Games I have (on Steam): Counter-Strike Source (Thank you Snivy), Gmod (Thank you Peetah), Humble Bumble Indie Game Pack (Thank you Snivy), Half-Life 3 2, Team Fortress 2.

Methods to contact me: STEAMCHAT, Email, Occasionally TeamSpeak, and I think for this scenario I may install Skype and/or some other IM thing (?).

A few friends active in RND: Friends .-.
Well I mean since recently (Probably a couple months) I know people but I don't really know where to categorize friends... so I'll just place the friends on my Friends list in no true order;

Jimonions

Snivy M.D.

Supertoaster

Cake Face

Schreii (Unsure if he was in servers lately as I was on hiatus for a fairly long time as well)

Gamefreak

Cogsandspigots

Devie

Mr. Franklin

Ledjohnny

Sanders

(I can't even keep up with the namechanging; if I forgot you, I'm sorry .___.)

Extra
I don't really mind if I get the Privilege or not, but it would probably not only be a great help to myself, but others, and probably allow newcomers and regular guests/Regs (though I'm more than sure pretty much every Reg out there has enough experience/common sense by now to deal with the situation [Explain the rules, calm everyone down, warning, call in VIP/Admin etc (?)] ) and keep the experience of those who play normally a good one, and keep them coming back.
Thank you in Advance, and Regardless.
Thanks to Don for reference to this app!

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Re: 08/30/11 Application: UNIT
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
I don't think I've seen you that active recently, but I know it can't hurt none to have you as a VIP, Unit.

Unit's been around RND a long time, he's very level headed and calm guy, knows the rules perfectly well and I'm completely convinced he'd be a great VIP. (and not just because we need more VIPs)

:thumbsup:

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline SMasters

• That's a paddlin
  • 2009 Snowball Competition Winner
    View More Badges!

• *jeopardy music*
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
I don't think I've seen you that active recently, but I know it can't hurt none to have you as a VIP, Unit.

Unit's been around RND a long time, he's very level headed and calm guy, knows the rules perfectly well and I'm completely convinced he'd be a great VIP. (and not just because we need more VIPs)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 01:07:24 PM »

Unit is by far one of the best people I've met when I first joined RND back in April of last year.
He used to be active until his computer went kapoot somewhere at the end of 2010, and have since been on a hiatus until recently (two months or so).
I've come to know him pretty well, and I do consider him a good friend. I don't think I've really seem anyone who can make decisions as unbiased as unit does. I think he'd actually be a better VIP then me. Heh.

Again, +1. I really do hope others feel the same way I do, or at least can understand what I'm trying to convey.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Don

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »
From what I've seen and heard, Unit is a great and mature person - a good candidate for VIP.
I'm sure he'll do well.

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 03:36:49 PM »
Hell yeah, He's a cool, funny, and very mature guy! He absolutely deserves VIP.  :thumbsup:

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 12:35:10 AM »
I've not seen Unit in the server, I'll +/- 0 this.

I'll change my vote to +1 if I saw him in the server and have good attitude.

I see him good in the forums, maybe I'll try to see him in the servers.

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:39:43 AM »
I've not seen Unit in the server, I'll +/- 0 this.

I'll change my vote to +1 if I saw him in the server and have good attitude.

I see him good in the forums, maybe I'll try to see him in the servers.
He's been on the servers a lot today lol.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:59:08 AM »
Came in and helped me out today.

I like his personality on forums, and (now that I have seen) in-game is no different.
I was waiting to play in-game to confirm this.
After today, I would say yes, lets give him a shot.

+1

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 07:16:55 PM »
Good guy from what I've seen. Likes to help out a lot, I say we give him a chance  :thumbsup:
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
Unit has a unique personality. He is quiet and shy, but always listens to the conversation. His act of Kindness and being Very Mature makes him a great person for VIP.  :thumbsup:
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Teeny

• Accepting Red Velvet Cake at any time. <3
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »