Author Topic: hasser appeal  (Read 335 times)

hasser

hasser appeal
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:36:55 AM »
I got banned for http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8007.0.html

First off, I would like to say I never RDMed a SINGLE PERSON that round. I ONLY shot people who shot at me FIRST. If Revenant printed the damage logs, you could see that I was shot at by people I killed. I did NOT mass RDM, nor did I kill a single person who was not trying to kill me. It was ALL in self-defense.

Also, I'd like to say Revenant INTENTIONALLY WOULD NOT link me to the forums when I asked ingame, after he said "I am making ban request" on that day. He did this specifically in hopes I would not defend myself and prevent myself from being unfairly banned. I also have no idea who Dark Pacifist is, and I have never played with him. A friend of Revenant blindly defending his case for some reason?

So please unban me, and tell Revenant to stop being a jerk (not liking me to the forums to appeal, I had to search your name for like 20 minutes on Google to find the forums).

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
Re: hasser appeal
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
(not liking me to the forums to appeal, I had to search your name for like 20 minutes on Google to find the forums).

Just for clarification, it reminds you to visit the forums (with a link) in the chat every few minutes.

This has nothing to do with the appeal, I'd just like to point that out.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
Just for clarification, it reminds you to visit the forums (with a link) in the chat every few minutes.

Even still, I thought it was protocol to contact the accused and link them to the thread, tell them to register on the forums, etc?   Not entirely sure...
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

hasser

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »

I couldn't find it through the chat, maybe I missed it. But it still is pretty "secretive" of him to do so I think. It wouldn't have been hard for him to inform me, it just would have hurt his case against me.

By the way if I get unbanned can my karma be reset? I never RDM, I just got 40 karma because of everyone trying to kill me for no reason and I defending myself.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »
Sorry, it's still a bit your fault for killing the other people so no karma reset... Maybe an admin can look into damage logs? :idk:

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
I couldn't find it through the chat, maybe I missed it. But it still is pretty "secretive" of him to do so I think. It wouldn't have been hard for him to inform me, it just would have hurt his case against me.

By the way if I get unbanned can my karma be reset? I never RDM, I just got 40 karma because of everyone trying to kill me for no reason and I defending myself.
Your karma won't be reset, in a sense, it was still your fault.
How long was the ban? That would help. If it was anymore than a few days ima herp some derp.
Also, it isn't "protocol" to link the accused to the report, though if I report someone and see them in-game I usually make note to link them to it just to be decent.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A0%3A37936662&Submit=

1 week
Ah okay, by OP it sounded like it was a long ban lol. I still don't see he should have been banned for 1 week considering the evidence though, imo.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »
Who kills half the server in self-defense?

Really, I have a hard time believing 7 people shot first.

Offline Moo

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
sab was one week cuz this guy managed to pull off 7 kills as an innocent

thats what we call a mass rdm xD

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »
Also, it isn't "protocol" to link the accused to the report, though if I report someone and see them in-game I usually make note to link them to it just to be decent.

Actually,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, understand I'm only making that point in response to the claim that was made about not being given a say in the report, I'm not trying to claim they are valid, just posting something I thought was relevant.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:49:32 PM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 01:50:32 PM »
Actually,

Of course, understand I'm not making this point so far as whether or not the ban appeal should be granted, but just a response to the ability to voice his opinion in the report that hasser was talking about.
Well, unfortunately, that's not really a strict rule... and the people who make reports can be anyone, not trusted members, so the only way possible to enforce it is by not locking a report until the person accused posts in it. Which for obvious reasons, won't happen.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
Well, unfortunately, that's not really a strict rule...

THE PLAYER WHO IS BEING REPORTED AGAINST MUST HAVE THEIR SAY IN THE REPORT

It's still a rule, strict or not.
Just throwin that out there.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 01:54:46 PM »
It's still a rule, strict or not.
Just throwin that out there.
...My point is that no one follows it lol.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »
Wouldn't talking to the accused in-game or over steam (by an admin) also be considered "having a say"?