.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Bans (Read Only) => Appeal => Unapproved => Topic started by: hasser on August 20, 2011, 09:36:55 AM

Title: hasser appeal
Post by: hasser on August 20, 2011, 09:36:55 AM
I got banned for http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8007.0.html (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,8007.0.html)

First off, I would like to say I never RDMed a SINGLE PERSON that round. I ONLY shot people who shot at me FIRST. If Revenant printed the damage logs, you could see that I was shot at by people I killed. I did NOT mass RDM, nor did I kill a single person who was not trying to kill me. It was ALL in self-defense.

Also, I'd like to say Revenant INTENTIONALLY WOULD NOT link me to the forums when I asked ingame, after he said "I am making ban request" on that day. He did this specifically in hopes I would not defend myself and prevent myself from being unfairly banned. I also have no idea who Dark Pacifist is, and I have never played with him. A friend of Revenant blindly defending his case for some reason?

So please unban me, and tell Revenant to stop being a jerk (not liking me to the forums to appeal, I had to search your name for like 20 minutes on Google to find the forums).
Title: Re: hasser appeal
Post by: Deathie on August 20, 2011, 09:55:34 AM
(not liking me to the forums to appeal, I had to search your name for like 20 minutes on Google to find the forums).

Just for clarification, it reminds you to visit the forums (with a link) in the chat every few minutes.

This has nothing to do with the appeal, I'd just like to point that out.
Post by: Travelsonic on August 20, 2011, 10:04:49 AM
Just for clarification, it reminds you to visit the forums (with a link) in the chat every few minutes.

Even still, I thought it was protocol to contact the accused and link them to the thread, tell them to register on the forums, etc?   Not entirely sure...
Post by: hasser on August 20, 2011, 10:50:12 AM

I couldn't find it through the chat, maybe I missed it. But it still is pretty "secretive" of him to do so I think. It wouldn't have been hard for him to inform me, it just would have hurt his case against me.

By the way if I get unbanned can my karma be reset? I never RDM, I just got 40 karma because of everyone trying to kill me for no reason and I defending myself.
Post by: blαh2355 on August 20, 2011, 11:53:17 AM
Sorry, it's still a bit your fault for killing the other people so no karma reset... Maybe an admin can look into damage logs? :idk:
Post by: Sabb on August 20, 2011, 12:00:26 PM
I couldn't find it through the chat, maybe I missed it. But it still is pretty "secretive" of him to do so I think. It wouldn't have been hard for him to inform me, it just would have hurt his case against me.

By the way if I get unbanned can my karma be reset? I never RDM, I just got 40 karma because of everyone trying to kill me for no reason and I defending myself.
Your karma won't be reset, in a sense, it was still your fault.
How long was the ban? That would help. If it was anymore than a few days ima herp some derp.
Also, it isn't "protocol" to link the accused to the report, though if I report someone and see them in-game I usually make note to link them to it just to be decent.
Post by: blαh2355 on August 20, 2011, 12:01:53 PM
http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A0%3A37936662&Submit= (http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A0%3A37936662&Submit=)

1 week
Post by: Sabb on August 20, 2011, 12:04:41 PM
http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A0%3A37936662&Submit= (http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A0%3A37936662&Submit=)

1 week
Ah okay, by OP it sounded like it was a long ban lol. I still don't see he should have been banned for 1 week considering the evidence though, imo.
Post by: Foofoojack on August 20, 2011, 12:27:03 PM
Who kills half the server in self-defense?

Really, I have a hard time believing 7 people shot first.
Post by: Moo on August 20, 2011, 12:28:59 PM
sab was one week cuz this guy managed to pull off 7 kills as an innocent

thats what we call a mass rdm xD
Post by: Travelsonic on August 20, 2011, 01:47:59 PM
Also, it isn't "protocol" to link the accused to the report, though if I report someone and see them in-game I usually make note to link them to it just to be decent.

Actually,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, understand I'm only making that point in response to the claim that was made about not being given a say in the report, I'm not trying to claim they are valid, just posting something I thought was relevant.
Post by: Sabb on August 20, 2011, 01:50:32 PM
Actually,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, understand I'm not making this point so far as whether or not the ban appeal should be granted, but just a response to the ability to voice his opinion in the report that hasser was talking about.
Well, unfortunately, that's not really a strict rule... and the people who make reports can be anyone, not trusted members, so the only way possible to enforce it is by not locking a report until the person accused posts in it. Which for obvious reasons, won't happen.
Post by: Foofoojack on August 20, 2011, 01:53:03 PM
Well, unfortunately, that's not really a strict rule...

THE PLAYER WHO IS BEING REPORTED AGAINST MUST HAVE THEIR SAY IN THE REPORT

It's still a rule, strict or not.
Just throwin that out there.
Post by: Sabb on August 20, 2011, 01:54:46 PM
It's still a rule, strict or not.
Just throwin that out there.
...My point is that no one follows it lol.
Post by: Deacon on August 20, 2011, 02:32:59 PM
Wouldn't talking to the accused in-game or over steam (by an admin) also be considered "having a say"?
Post by: hasser on August 20, 2011, 02:35:39 PM
Who kills half the server in self-defense?

Really, I have a hard time believing 7 people shot first.
It was a chain reaction. Some idiot tried to kill me for no reason (can't remember name), I IDed his body and he was innocent, then someone tried to kill me for killing him, I killed the guy trying to kill me, and it went into a nice chain reaction. I came out on top, killing everyone that tried to kill me :) It isn't RDM at all to kill 7 innocents as an innocent, as they attacked firsthand.

Lol @ the guy who Respect--'d my post, probably the same guy who made the ban request on me.
Post by: Moo on August 20, 2011, 02:42:23 PM
i tend to ignore rules from administrators that dont participate in much

and i go by, if theres a report against a player, and it goes through.. i lock and approve

if they wanna say something they can post an appeal... like this guy did

EXCEPT this guy is tossing some ridiculous excuse that he killed 7 people cuz they shot at him....

just gonna say... if 7 people were shooting me on ttt, id probly only manage to kill 1 or 2
Post by: Sabb on August 20, 2011, 02:45:28 PM
i tend to ignore rules from administrators that dont participate in much

and i go by, if theres a report against a player, and it goes through.. i lock and approve

if they wanna say something they can post an appeal... like this guy did

EXCEPT this guy is tossing some ridiculous excuse that he killed 7 people cuz they shot at him....

just gonna say... if 7 people were shooting me on ttt, id probly only manage to kill 1 or 2
Psh, you and your CSS shit would probably kill all 7 of them.
And yes, I agree with what you were saying, I think that rule is directed to the person reporting though.
Post by: jimonions on August 20, 2011, 09:36:16 PM
If everyone had a say on their ban and waited to do so the report section would be over 6 pages long
Post by: hasser on August 21, 2011, 06:33:22 PM

They did, it was one by one. Killed the first guy that attacked me, IDed him, he was innocent. Then someone tried to kill me (I guess for killing him, despite he attacked me first), then when I IDed him as innocent ANOTHER attacked me, and this continued until 7 innocents were dead. Ok, am I supposed to just die? No, I'm going to kill any muthafuka that shoots me, even if he thinks he has a good reason to do it.

Just because you can't, doesn't mean I couldn't. I also had full karma on the server previous to the attacks, and most people attacking me were less than 400 karma. Easy to kill them.
Post by: Moo on August 21, 2011, 08:51:40 PM
dont buy that story and you got nothing to back you up, everyone else seems to be against you so... no idea ur ban sticks
Post by: hasser on August 22, 2011, 11:20:21 AM
dont buy that story and you got nothing to back you up, everyone else seems to be against you so... no idea ur ban sticks
So a kid's word who wouldn't even link me to the site when I asked politely numerous times is more trustworthy than mine? rofl
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on August 22, 2011, 11:47:13 AM
So a kid's word who wouldn't even link me to the site when I asked politely numerous times is more trustworthy than mine? rofl

Oh, nice, calling other people kids to make you look older.

Totally mature mate, how about you take the ban and just cool off for a bit before you start getting yourself into some more shit.
Post by: ursus on August 22, 2011, 10:30:44 PM
hasser, arguing with admins is like arguing with a bear

it's a shitty idea and will get you nowhere
Post by: Sabb on August 22, 2011, 10:35:11 PM
hasser, arguing with admins is like arguing with a bear

it's a shitty idea and will get you nowhere
I wouldn't say that.
...Well, in this case maybe.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on September 06, 2011, 12:25:29 AM
Hmm if the ban was a week shouldnt this be lOcked/removed?