Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

Teeny

<< < (3/5) > >>

Hotgreensoldier:

--- Quote from: Sabb on August 11, 2011, 01:08:47 AM ---
LOOK AT THIS
The only person she approves, she still moves to unapproved.

--- End quote ---

Ogod I lol'd

That was actually denied...From what I saw.

Tiny error? :o

Bovicide:
Compare these introductions to the ones from back in the day. My introduction was like half a paragraph about how I played wirebuild, liked e2, and thought minic was cool as hell for knowing tons of e2. No bs about knowing all of the forum members who never play anymore, or anything like that. And the admin who replied gave me a two or three sentence personalized response welcoming me to the community.

Nowadays, admins expect you to know everyone, write a detailed fact sheet about your life, and have some sort of contribution to the community (before you are even regular). And they deny you with an image macro. No feedback like the old days.

Oh and you need to pass that hell-exam to be able to participate in the democracy of voting, the luxury of being acknowledged by the other regulars, and the special gift of being able to save your things in the BUILD server (because nothing you make before you are "regular" is even worth saving, right?).

Sounds nice to me.

Before any admin pushes the burden of coming up with a better idea onto me("Why don't you think of something better"), how about this:

Regular=20 hours of play combined on any random server. Automatically applied.Thats what a regular is isnt it?

Vip= introduce yourself to the forum community(equivalent to the shit a regular has to do)

Admin = be known and trusted by a good portion of the admins

Moo:
we alrdy have a system in place, go read the how to for vip and regular

Bovicide:

--- Quote from: Moo on August 11, 2011, 02:31:33 AM ---we alrdy have a system in place, go read the how to for vip and regular

--- End quote ---

Oh I just did. It furthers my point. Only Vips can make votekicks and bans at all and there are only thirteen of them. Nobody else can quell troublemakers, or contribute in an effort to do such.

Don't forget what else I said though. Back in the day, admin responses to rank applications (which did less anyway since more power was given to guests) were personal and informative. This is really how my posts relate to this topic. Requirements weren't 11 commandments long, and guests were a lot more trusted.

I believe it furthers the superiority complex higher ranks get over lower ranks since they had to swim through so much bullshit to get to where they were.

Dont take me too seriously though, this is just a discussion.

Moo:
we have a report section, people use it

too many players, and to many people you cant trust now

hard to be personal and stuff

i think the current system works out fine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version