Author Topic: Grammar guide.  (Read 240 times)

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
Grammar guide.
« on: June 29, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »
Since Sanders posted this one in the Senior Member section I guess I'll put it here since most new member can't see it.

Take a brief segment of your lives guys and educate yourself. Stop looking like grammar trolls on the internet.

Ok here's how it goes for you guys.

There are three forms of the word there. They are homonyms. They go: There, their, and they're.

There is the easiest form to use, so fucket.

Their is used to indicate collective possession.
     "That whore is their whore."
     "I busted out my stereo on those niggas and played some base on their heads."
     "Fuck! My outpost just got hit by their attacks!"

They're is used as a shortened form of "they are," to indicate multiple subjects in a state of something. You all know this.
     "They're being assholes to me."
     "Hey bro, they're going to jack your shit if you dont lock your door."
     "What the fuck! They're sending so many damn zerglings!"

When you go to write a passage, and you don't know whether or not to use "their" or "they're", just do it like this:
     Is this motherfucking sentence trying to indicate possession? If so, put a their there.
     Can I replace the "the/re/ir/y're with "they fucking are"? If so, put a they're there, or a they are if you are writing some professional crap.

The few educated people in this galaxy might thing more highly of you if you take five and a quarter seconds to remember those simple rules.

NEXT: the apostrophe. People suck ass, and and so does this punctuation. You think you got it right? You probably still fuck it up from time to time so read this shit.

One simple rule to remember -- the " 's " indicates ownership. NOT FUCKING PLURALITY. If you want to say something is more than one, stay away from that key on your keyboard. You don't say "mattress'es", so dont say "pillow's" unless the pillows own something cause they are sentient lifeforms or something. Here is how you dont sound like a retard on the go:
     Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then
     Is it just more than one? Then don't you fucking touch that key.

Also, when you are trying to indicate both just tack the apostrophe on the end like " boys' ." In the case of some fucked up shit like "children" just put "children's." You guys know this.

Now its time for the hard motherfucker of the day. "It's." The apostrophe is the form for the contraction of it is. So same shit.
     If you are typing something and can replace the "its" with "it fucking is" then it is "it's". If not, stay away from the apostrophe.

Good job bitches. Please try not to make these mistakes on the internet, or nobody will take yo ass seriously.

Thank you.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: Grammar guide.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »
Since Sanders posted this one in the Senior Member section I guess I'll put it here since most new member can't see it.

Take a brief segment of your lives guys and educate yourself. Stop looking like grammar trolls on the internet.

Ok here's how it goes for you guys.

There are three forms of the word there. They are homonyms. They go: There, their, and they're.

There is the easiest form to use, so fucket.

Their is used to indicate collective possession.
     "That whore is their whore."
     "I busted out my stereo on those niggas and played some base on their heads."
     "Fuck! My outpost just got hit by their attacks!"

They're is used as a shortened form of "they are," to indicate multiple subjects in a state of something. You all know this.
     "They're being assholes to me."
     "Hey bro, they're going to jack your shit if you dont lock your door."
     "What the fuck! They're sending so many damn zerglings!"

When you go to write a passage, and you don't know whether or not to use "their" or "they're", just do it like this:
     Is this motherfucking sentence trying to indicate possession? If so, put a their there.
     Can I replace the "the/re/ir/y're with "they fucking are"? If so, put a they're there, or a they are if you are writing some professional crap.

The few educated people in this galaxy might thing more highly of you if you take five and a quarter seconds to remember those simple rules.

NEXT: the apostrophe. People suck ass, and and so does this punctuation. You think you got it right? You probably still fuck it up from time to time so read this shit.

One simple rule to remember -- the " 's " indicates ownership. NOT FUCKING PLURALITY. If you want to say something is more than one, stay away from that key on your keyboard. You don't say "mattress'es", so dont say "pillow's" unless the pillows own something cause they are sentient lifeforms or something. Here is how you dont sound like a retard on the go:
     Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then
     Is it just more than one? Then don't you fucking touch that key.

Also, when you are trying to indicate both just tack the apostrophe on the end like " boys' ." In the case of some fucked up shit like "children" just put "children's." You guys know this.

Now its time for the hard motherfucker of the day. "It's." The apostrophe is the form for the contraction of it is. So same shit.
     If you are typing something and can replace the "its" with "it fucking is" then it is "it's". If not, stay away from the apostrophe.

Good job bitches. Please try not to make these mistakes on the internet, or nobody will take yo ass seriously.

Thank you.

Sanders's just angry cause he ha's no eyeballs. i Don't know what happened to they. Do anyone know where their at?

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »
they're boat were already an rusted piece of garbage when there group arrives their

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
+1
Sanders's just angry cause he ha's no eyeballs. i Don't know what happened to they. Do anyone know where their at?

Dissolved from the massive amounts of hentai exposure.

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:48:38 AM »

Who said he had eyes in the first place.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:19:42 AM »

I'm pretty sure that his headphones have another connection to his PC that he uses to view the screen in his head.

For all we know, Sanders hasn't touched a mouse or keyboard since he got his new headphones.

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »
He lost his eyes in Vietnam.

Offline ledjohnny

• Why join the navy when you can be a pirate?
  • Respect: +99
    • Tech Tutors
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
+1
You must assimilate into our culture of diversity.

Coolz karma not 1000? Ban.

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:02 AM »
Ben just simply took his eyes.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.