Author Topic: English! You were supposed to learn it in first grade!  (Read 366 times)

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
English! You were supposed to learn it in first grade!
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:33:11 AM »
Take a brief segment of your lives guys and educate yourself. Stop looking like grammar trolls on the internet.

Ok here's how it goes for you guys.

There are three forms of the word there. They are homonyms. They go: There, their, and they're.

There is the easiest form to use, so fucket.

Their is used to indicate collective possession.
     "That whore is their whore."
     "I busted out my stereo on those niggas and played some base on their heads."
     "Fuck! My outpost just got hit by their attacks!"

They're is used as a shortened form of "they are," to indicate multiple subjects in a state of something. You all know this.
     "They're being assholes to me."
     "Hey bro, they're going to jack your shit if you dont lock your door."
     "What the fuck! They're sending so many damn zerglings!"

When you go to write a passage, and you don't know whether or not to use "their" or "they're", just do it like this:
     Is this motherfucking sentence trying to indicate possession? If so, put a their there.
     Can I replace the "the/re/ir/y're with "they fucking are"? If so, put a they're there, or a they are if you are writing some professional crap.

The few educated people in this galaxy might thing more highly of you if you take five and a quarter seconds to remember those simple rules.

NEXT: the apostrophe. People suck ass, and and so does this punctuation. You think you got it right? You probably still fuck it up from time to time so read this shit.

One simple rule to remember -- the " 's " indicates ownership. NOT FUCKING PLURALITY. If you want to say something is more than one, stay away from that key on your keyboard. You don't say "mattress'es", so dont say "pillow's" unless the pillows own something cause they are sentient lifeforms or something. Here is how you dont sound like a retard on the go:
     Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then
     Is it just more than one? Then don't you fucking touch that key.

Also, when you are trying to indicate both just tack the apostrophe on the end like " boys' ." In the case of some fucked up shit like "children" just put "children's." You guys know this.

Now its time for the hard motherfucker of the day. "It's." The apostrophe is the form for the contraction of it is. So same shit.
     If you are typing something and can replace the "its" with "it fucking is" then it is "it's". If not, stay away from the apostrophe.

Good job bitches. Please try not to make these mistakes on the internet, or nobody will take yo ass seriously.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:35:27 AM by Sanders »

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
Re: English! You were supposed to learn it in first grade!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
Moi francais, pas comprend.

No, but seriously, sorry if ever I make English errors, like I stated in the pass it's not my main language. Should maybe moved to guide section for newbies.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline John

• Meow.
    • My Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 08:37:14 AM »
My native language isn't english :|
Not all people learned english in first grade, i think that my english is pretty decent,
and if i do make a mistake, please correct me...
Also, where did the spell check button go?

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 08:40:34 AM »
the Problem with certain people is that their not able to speak the language correctly.
I dont' think we need to get angry at they.

after all, Its' not they're fault sometimes.

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »
This definitely is not aimed at people who didn't learn english growing up. You guys definitely have done a great enough job learning so much along with your primary language. This guide may actually be of help to you guys. Really, I was aiming at those guys who live in the mid-western U.S. who have been speaking english for their entire existence, yet still don't seem to be able to use it properly. Thanks for the comments.

the Problem with certain people is that their not able to speak the language correctly.
I dont' think we need to get angry at they.

after all, Its' not they're fault sometimes.

Yea yea, but it feels like this when I read that stuff.

So once upon a time some nice dudes found a pot of gold. Thats when they're fucking jankdee joop shit wallow fuuuucks seagulls jungle alligator tricloptopus fuak.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 08:46:54 AM »
This definitely is not aimed at people who didn't learn english growing up. You guys definitely have done a great enough job learning so much along with your primary language. This guide may actually be of help to you guys. Really, I was aiming at those guys who live in the mid-western U.S. who have been speaking english for their entire existence, yet still don't seem to be able to use it properly. Thanks for the comments.

Yea yea, but it feels like this when I read that stuff.

lol'd@ the quote.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:04:19 AM »
What
I live on the central west coast, and I've been using all the rules since maybe 4th grade.

Offline Don

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »
I learnt English in 7th grade.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 09:57:06 AM »
Take a brief segment of your lives guys and educate yourself. Stop looking like grammar trolls on the internet.

Ok here's how it goes for you guys.

There are three forms of the word there. They are homonyms. They go: There, their, and they're.

There is the easiest form to use, so fucket.

Their is used to indicate collective possession.
     "That whore is their whore."
     "I busted out my stereo on those niggas and played some base on their heads."
     "Fuck! My outpost just got hit by their attacks!"

They're is used as a shortened form of "they are," to indicate multiple subjects in a state of something. You all know this.
     "They're being assholes to me."
     "Hey bro, they're going to jack your shit if you dont lock your door."
     "What the fuck! They're sending so many damn zerglings!"

When you go to write a passage, and you don't know whether or not to use "their" or "they're", just do it like this:
     Is this motherfucking sentence trying to indicate possession? If so, put a their there.
     Can I replace the "the/re/ir/y're with "they fucking are"? If so, put a they're there, or a they are if you are writing some professional crap.

The few educated people in this galaxy might thing more highly of you if you take five and a quarter seconds to remember those simple rules.

NEXT: the apostrophe. People suck ass, and and so does this punctuation. You think you got it right? You probably still fuck it up from time to time so read this shit.

One simple rule to remember -- the " 's " indicates ownership. NOT FUCKING PLURALITY. If you want to say something is more than one, stay away from that key on your keyboard. You don't say "mattress'es", so dont say "pillow's" unless the pillows own something cause they are sentient lifeforms or something. Here is how you dont sound like a retard on the go:
     Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then
     Is it just more than one? Then don't you fucking touch that key.

Also, when you are trying to indicate both just tack the apostrophe on the end like " boys' ." In the case of some fucked up shit like "children" just put "children's." You guys know this.

Now its time for the hard motherfucker of the day. "It's." The apostrophe is the form for the contraction of it is. So same shit.
     If you are typing something and can replace the "its" with "it fucking is" then it is "it's". If not, stay away from the apostrophe.

Good job bitches. Please try not to make these mistakes on the internet, or nobody will take yo ass seriously.

Thank you.
Your mother must be proud.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »

OH SHIT! FUCK THIS THREAD, I'M OUTTA HERE

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »
Your father must be proud of your attempts at trolling a good intentioned post with your one liners. I'd reactionface.jpg but you arent worth my kb.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »
Your father must be proud of your attempts at trolling a good intentioned post with your one liners. I'd reactionface.jpg but you arent worth my kb.
Man I just got told.

The reason I posted is because the thread is kind of pointless.
No one's really going to look at it and take it seriously, and learn from it.

Except maybe one or two people like Silent (no offense) or someone who's first language is something other than English (few).

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:06 AM »
But then they'res those people in which there only goal is to go over their heads in order to troll.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 10:05:31 AM »
But then they'res those people in which there only goal is to go over their heads in order to troll.
Wonder who that would be.

Offline Wafflepiezz

• I am a waffle pie.
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »
I've seen so many people having these problems nowadays...All I'm wondering is what happened to them..