.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Restricted (Read Only) => Senior Members => Topic started by: Bovicide on June 12, 2011, 08:33:11 AM

Title: English! You were supposed to learn it in first grade!
Post by: Bovicide on June 12, 2011, 08:33:11 AM
Take a brief segment of your lives guys and educate yourself. Stop looking like grammar trolls on the internet.

Ok here's how it goes for you guys.

There are three forms of the word there. They are homonyms. They go: There, their, and they're.

There is the easiest form to use, so fucket.

Their is used to indicate collective possession.
     "That whore is their whore."
     "I busted out my stereo on those niggas and played some base on their heads."
     "Fuck! My outpost just got hit by their attacks!"

They're is used as a shortened form of "they are," to indicate multiple subjects in a state of something. You all know this.
     "They're being assholes to me."
     "Hey bro, they're going to jack your shit if you dont lock your door."
     "What the fuck! They're sending so many damn zerglings!"

When you go to write a passage, and you don't know whether or not to use "their" or "they're", just do it like this:
     Is this motherfucking sentence trying to indicate possession? If so, put a their there.
     Can I replace the "the/re/ir/y're with "they fucking are"? If so, put a they're there, or a they are if you are writing some professional crap.

The few educated people in this galaxy might thing more highly of you if you take five and a quarter seconds to remember those simple rules.

NEXT: the apostrophe. People suck ass, and and so does this punctuation. You think you got it right? You probably still fuck it up from time to time so read this shit.

One simple rule to remember -- the " 's " indicates ownership. NOT FUCKING PLURALITY. If you want to say something is more than one, stay away from that key on your keyboard. You don't say "mattress'es", so dont say "pillow's" unless the pillows own something cause they are sentient lifeforms or something. Here is how you dont sound like a retard on the go:
     Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then
     Is it just more than one? Then don't you fucking touch that key.

Also, when you are trying to indicate both just tack the apostrophe on the end like " boys' ." In the case of some fucked up shit like "children" just put "children's." You guys know this.

Now its time for the hard motherfucker of the day. "It's." The apostrophe is the form for the contraction of it is. So same shit.
     If you are typing something and can replace the "its" with "it fucking is" then it is "it's". If not, stay away from the apostrophe.

Good job bitches. Please try not to make these mistakes on the internet, or nobody will take yo ass seriously.

Thank you.
Title: Re: English! You were supposed to learn it in first grade!
Post by: Dale Feles on June 12, 2011, 08:36:46 AM
Moi francais, pas comprend.

No, but seriously, sorry if ever I make English errors, like I stated in the pass it's not my main language. Should maybe moved to guide section for newbies.
Post by: John on June 12, 2011, 08:37:14 AM
My native language isn't english :|
Not all people learned english in first grade, i think that my english is pretty decent,
and if i do make a mistake, please correct me...
Also, where did the spell check button go?
Post by: Deacon on June 12, 2011, 08:40:34 AM
the Problem with certain people is that their not able to speak the language correctly.
I dont' think we need to get angry at they.

after all, Its' not they're fault sometimes.
Post by: Bovicide on June 12, 2011, 08:44:18 AM
This definitely is not aimed at people who didn't learn english growing up. You guys definitely have done a great enough job learning so much along with your primary language. This guide may actually be of help to you guys. Really, I was aiming at those guys who live in the mid-western U.S. who have been speaking english for their entire existence, yet still don't seem to be able to use it properly. Thanks for the comments.

the Problem with certain people is that their not able to speak the language correctly.
I dont' think we need to get angry at they.

after all, Its' not they're fault sometimes.

Yea yea, but it feels like this when I read that stuff.

So once upon a time some nice dudes found a pot of gold. Thats when they're fucking jankdee joop shit wallow fuuuucks seagulls jungle alligator tricloptopus fuak.
Post by: Deacon on June 12, 2011, 08:46:54 AM
This definitely is not aimed at people who didn't learn english growing up. You guys definitely have done a great enough job learning so much along with your primary language. This guide may actually be of help to you guys. Really, I was aiming at those guys who live in the mid-western U.S. who have been speaking english for their entire existence, yet still don't seem to be able to use it properly. Thanks for the comments.

Yea yea, but it feels like this when I read that stuff.

lol'd@ the quote.
Post by: ursus on June 12, 2011, 09:04:19 AM
What
I live on the central west coast, and I've been using all the rules since maybe 4th grade.
Post by: Don on June 12, 2011, 09:50:02 AM
I learnt English in 7th grade.
Post by: Sabb on June 12, 2011, 09:57:06 AM
Take a brief segment of your lives guys and educate yourself. Stop looking like grammar trolls on the internet.

There are three forms of the word there. They are homonyms. They go: There, their, and they're.

They're is used as a shortened form of "they are," to indicate multiple subjects in a state of something. You all know this.

When you go to write a passage, and you don't know whether or not to use "their" or "they're", just do it like this:
     Is this motherfucking sentence trying to indicate possession? If so, put a their there.
     Can I replace the "the/re/ir/y're with "they fucking are"? If so, put a they're there, or a they are if you are writing some professional crap.

The few educated people in this galaxy might thing more highly of you if you take five and a quarter seconds to remember those simple rules.

NEXT: the apostrophe. People suck ass, and and so does this punctuation. You think you got it right? You probably still fuck it up from time to time so read this shit.

One simple rule to remember -- the " 's " indicates ownership. NOT FUCKING PLURALITY. If you want to say something is more than one, stay away from that key on your keyboard. You don't say "mattress'es", so dont say "pillow's" unless the pillows own something cause they are sentient lifeforms or something. Here is how you dont sound like a retard on the go:

Also, when you are trying to indicate both just tack the apostrophe on the end like " boys' ." In the case of some fucked up shit like "children" just put "children's." You guys know this.

Now its time for the hard motherfucker of the day. "It's." The apostrophe is the form for the contraction of it is. So same shit.
     If you are typing something and can replace the "its" with "it fucking is" then it is "it's". If not, stay away from the apostrophe.

Good job bitches. Please try not to make these mistakes on the internet, or nobody will take yo ass seriously.

Thank you.
Your mother must be proud.
Post by: Cake Faice on June 12, 2011, 09:59:58 AM

OH SHIT! FUCK THIS THREAD, I'M OUTTA HERE

(http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcf8rsVwbg1qc5b6y.gif)
Post by: Bovicide on June 12, 2011, 10:01:10 AM
Your father must be proud of your attempts at trolling a good intentioned post with your one liners. I'd reactionface.jpg but you arent worth my kb.
Post by: Sabb on June 12, 2011, 10:03:46 AM
Your father must be proud of your attempts at trolling a good intentioned post with your one liners. I'd reactionface.jpg but you arent worth my kb.
Man I just got told.

The reason I posted is because the thread is kind of pointless.
No one's really going to look at it and take it seriously, and learn from it.

Except maybe one or two people like Silent (no offense) or someone who's first language is something other than English (few).
Post by: Foofoojack on June 12, 2011, 10:04:06 AM
But then they'res those people in which there only goal is to go over their heads in order to troll.
Post by: Sabb on June 12, 2011, 10:05:31 AM
But then they'res those people in which there only goal is to go over their heads in order to troll.
Wonder who that would be.
Post by: Wafflepiezz on June 12, 2011, 10:09:38 AM
I've seen so many people having these problems nowadays...All I'm wondering is what happened to them..
Post by: Peetah on June 12, 2011, 10:58:28 AM
Apparently its hard to learn a new language in the teenage years lol.
Post by: Mr. Franklin on June 12, 2011, 11:01:37 AM
Meh This will always be a problem Sanders in every community, do you know why? because we are typing on the internet and grammar isn't the most important thing to teenagers or other people
Post by: » Magic « on June 12, 2011, 11:40:41 AM
schnope
Post by: Supertoaster on June 12, 2011, 01:33:47 PM
native langauge is english

only language

inb4notmulticultural
Post by: Frank on June 12, 2011, 01:38:06 PM

Thank you.

dont

Your whole thread is invalid, motherfucker.
Post by: Bovicide on June 12, 2011, 08:25:20 PM

(http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2049/ingwrong.jpg)

>Implying a typo unrelated to the specific grammar subject (that is, apostrophes used in conjunctions and plurals, not in contractions) of the post makes the lessons learned invalid.

Omissions of an apostrophe in contractions like don't or can't are common and acceptable in non academic settings, as there is no way to mistake the word "dont" for anything else. Shits different yo.

Post by: Frank on June 12, 2011, 08:53:54 PM
>Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then

>"i"

You did the "dont" thing 3 times.
Post by: Bovicide on June 13, 2011, 01:13:13 AM

>"i"

The problem with nazifagging on that is that it does not affect the meaning at all no matter what. Sure, capitalization is important, but i am not perfect. Just like that. However, when meaning can be changed, and reading can be made more difficult, I make sure to do the grammar correct. Here is another example of grammar fucking mistakes.

Were and we're. The first is expressing a past state of being, the second indicates the speaker or a group doing something. If you put one and mean the other it takes two readings to get the correct meaning.

You nitpick at things that do not affect the reading in the least. Im pointing out things that make reading harder for an educated english speaking person.

Before you completely disregard my post and point out the "im", it is another example of something that means the same thing no matter if it has the ' or not. Reading that is no more difficult than reading "i'm".
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on June 13, 2011, 01:41:08 AM
I english know k?
Post by: Sabb on June 13, 2011, 07:42:18 AM
The problem with nazifagging on that is that it does not affect the meaning at all no matter what. Sure, capitalization is important, but i am not perfect. Just like that. However, when meaning can be changed, and reading can be made more difficult, I make sure to do the grammar correct. Here is another example of grammar fucking mistakes.

Were and we're. The first is expressing a past state of being, the second indicates the speaker or a group doing something. If you put one and mean the other it takes two readings to get the correct meaning.

You nitpick at things that do not affect the reading in the least. Im pointing out things that make reading harder for an educated english speaking person.

Before you completely disregard my post and point out the "im", it is another example of something that means the same thing no matter if it has the ' or not. Reading that is no more difficult than reading "i'm".
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Post by: Shawn on June 13, 2011, 08:07:34 AM
Meh This will always be a problem Sanders in every community, do you know why? because we are typing on the internet and grammar isn't the most important thing to teenagers or other people

/Thread.

Psst the irony of the "grammar" lesson you're giving then you spell "don't", "dont"

As for "i" not being capitalized it doesn't have to be, I've never seen anywhere stating you have to capitalize "i" it's just something that became personal preference among the mass' (IMHO)

NVM i was thinking of something else Lol (God I'm tired)
Post by: ursus on June 13, 2011, 09:08:21 AM
Shawn, don't even attempt posting here. Your capitalization is bad enough to make an English major consider suicide.

And for fuck's sake, just because Sanders doesn't have absolutely perfect grammar doesn't mean everything he says is bullshit.
Post by: Shawn on June 13, 2011, 09:16:41 AM
Shawn, don't even attempt posting here. Your capitalization is bad enough to make an English major consider suicide.

Ya but thats because its the internet and i don't care about perfect grammar, this isn't a English class. The reason people are going on about the mistake he made is because he made a thread about grammar and fucked up on it himself.
Post by: ursus on June 13, 2011, 09:18:15 AM
Ya but thats because its the internet and i don't care about perfect grammar, this isn't a English class. The reason people are going on about the mistake he made is because he made a thread about grammar and fucked up on it himself.

So you're saying that if he's going to make a thread about horrible grammar, you expect complete perfection from him?

Post by: Shawn on June 13, 2011, 09:22:30 AM
So you're saying that if he's going to make a thread about horrible grammar, you expect complete perfection from him?

If someone is going to make a whole "lesson" about grammar because their tired of people doing it wrong then I expect said poster to have used proper grammar himself. Its not about perfection its about him wanting perfection from everyone else but then makes a typo like everyone else.
Post by: Cake Faice on June 13, 2011, 09:24:36 AM
Ya but thats because its the internet and i don't care about perfect grammar, this isn't a English class.

*reverse window dive*

But if you want people to take you seriously, it would be wise to use proper grammar...
Post by: Frank on June 13, 2011, 11:00:51 AM
Oh god, y'all make me wanna an hero. 'cept Gamefreak and Cake. Not so much you guise.
Post by: ursus on June 13, 2011, 11:07:15 AM
Oh god, y'all make me wanna an hero. 'cept Gamefreak and Cake. Not so much you guise.

Wait what

Someone that doesn't hate me?

(http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7527/1307839799871.jpg)
Post by: Supertoaster on June 13, 2011, 01:18:53 PM
hey guys whats going on this th -

(http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2953/blueberryv.jpg)
Post by: Devie on June 13, 2011, 01:28:15 PM
Proudly was just raging at me on how the people on the internet talks. Not so much as it's incorrect grammar/spelling/fragment wise but more like this, I dont really know what I should classify it as so I'll just provide an example:

"I liek to get pplz banz cuz im trolololoolol LOLOLOLOLOLO :o"
"omgodz fkn mingiez are nid banz noaw >:C!!!!"
"adminz nid to join sarvar to banz dis hackerz!!!!"

:/
Post by: Moo on June 13, 2011, 02:43:43 PM
wadafux joo talkin bout, im not talk liek wrongz n shiz

there juss all mad @ mah speekz
Post by: » Magic « on June 13, 2011, 03:31:37 PM
Him nid spanking up da butt
Post by: Deacon on June 13, 2011, 04:35:17 PM
lOlZ
Post by: Bovicide on June 13, 2011, 05:03:46 PM
Frank continues to not read my fucking posts.

The typos I made dont change the fucking meaning. Im not asking people to be fucking perfect, fuck that. I just mean, use homonyms correctly or they make your shit hard to read. When faggots such as frank come in, read about how its a "shitty grammar post" and find a typo unrelated to the topic, they disregard the point of the post (which AGAIN was unrelated to those typos), they fucking disregard the whole post because they seem to be unable to comprehend the point I made which was this:

SOME FUCKING TYPOS ARE OK BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CHANGE THE MEANING OF A POST, OR MAKE IT ANY HARDER TO READ. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN I AND i.

OR DON'T AND DONT.

All of the typos I mentioned dont fall into this category because they may mean different things if typed correctly. But frank will just totally disregard my post because he has an inability to read. To be perfectly honest, i disregard capitalization of I and apostrophes in contraction in non-academic works because they don't affect anything. But manchildren seem unable to even understand what a contraction is vs a completely different word.
Post by: Frank on June 13, 2011, 06:01:53 PM
Frank continues to not read my fucking posts.

The typos I made dont change the fucking meaning. Im not asking people to be fucking perfect, fuck that. I just mean, use homonyms correctly or they make your shit hard to read. When faggots such as frank come in, read about how its a "shitty grammar post" and find a typo unrelated to the topic, they disregard the point of the post (which AGAIN was unrelated to those typos), they fucking disregard the whole post because they seem to be unable to comprehend the point I made which was this:

SOME FUCKING TYPOS ARE OK BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CHANGE THE MEANING OF A POST, OR MAKE IT ANY HARDER TO READ. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN I AND i.

OR DON'T AND DONT.

All of the typos I mentioned dont fall into this category because they may mean different things if typed correctly. But frank will just totally disregard my post because he has an inability to read. To be perfectly honest, i disregard capitalization of I and apostrophes in contraction in non-academic works because they don't affect anything. But manchildren seem unable to even understand what a contraction is vs a completely different word.

Go do a motherfucking Cambridge test you wannabe English teacher asshole.
Post by: Bovicide on June 13, 2011, 06:08:16 PM

(http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/296/1306816958584.jpg)

Post by: ursus on June 13, 2011, 06:40:44 PM

(http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4841/1307566784180.jpg)
Post by: Frank on June 13, 2011, 06:42:34 PM
(http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/296/1306816958584.jpg)

>implying it means anything offensive to me.

(http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4841/1307566784180.jpg)
wat
Post by: Devie on June 13, 2011, 06:50:10 PM
wadafux joo talkin bout, im not talk liek wrongz n shiz

there juss all mad @ mah speekz

exactly like this. fucking gay :/
Post by: Bovicide on June 13, 2011, 06:55:18 PM

>"i"

>implying it means anything offensive to me.

wat

(http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9813/1291797697296.jpg)
Post by: ursus on June 13, 2011, 09:55:10 PM
exactly like this. fucking gay :/

Am I special because I use english?