Author Topic: Can we do away with TTT Karma Farming?  (Read 477 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Re: Can we do away with TTT Karma Farming?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 09:20:46 AM »
Yes, I would really like this.  :thumbsup:

I always have to wait in line to join the servers while there are karma farmers in the server doing nothing.
Alright so I investigated this, and what I thought could work as a simple change won't.

TTT applies karma at the end of each round, at the end of each round everyone not alive is a spectator, not dead/inno

If I stop karma gain for spectators, when it applies at each round end.. yeah there's the issue. It's just the design of the game.

A way to do it would be to manually keep track of all the players from start to end of round, excluding any other circumstances.

This isn't a feasible change like I was planning on implementing at the moment, so I reverted the changes I made.

I will think about ways to do this more adequately but I do not have anything at the moment,
-coolz

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Alex Mason, SOG

• Je vousdrais le pizza
  • Respect: +70
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
Alright so I investigated this, and what I thought could work as a simple change won't.

TTT applies karma at the end of each round, at the end of each round everyone not alive is a spectator, not dead/inno

If I stop karma gain for spectators, when it applies at each round end.. yeah there's the issue. It's just the design of the game.

A way to do it would be to manually keep track of all the players from start to end of round, excluding any other circumstances.

This isn't a feasible change like I was planning on implementing at the moment, so I reverted the changes I made.

I will think about ways to do this more adequately but I do not have anything at the moment,
-coolz

The anyone who knows lua coding, this might sound dumb because I don't know.

What If It preforms a check for people that have been spectator during the round? From what I know about TTT (which isn't very much), Each part of the round has a different.... ID sort-of-thing.
Maybe If it checks to see if you have been a spectator during the fighting part of round 5 times in a row, it kicks you?

Just tell me if this isn't possible please.
:3

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 01:29:47 AM »
I think its time for

...google "lox".