.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Requests => Topic started by: Deacon on May 16, 2011, 11:42:13 PM

Title: Can we do away with TTT Karma Farming?
Post by: Deacon on May 16, 2011, 11:42:13 PM
In TTT, if a player stays in spectator mode, they will slowly regain karma.

Lately people have begun idling for hours on end, gaining back most/all of their lost karma. These players usually lose it all in the next round, but that is not the point.

Is it possible to remove karma gain from being in spectator mode?
I would really like it if we could remove this, if it is possible.
Title: Re: Can we do away with TTT Karma Farming?
Post by: jimonions on May 16, 2011, 11:59:15 PM
 :thumbsup:
Post by: Moo on May 17, 2011, 12:09:31 AM
you know what you should do in the meantime, get a ss of them and their karma and show time etc what not

then get another one with their karma full and then again with it back down, all with time
Post by: Deacon on May 17, 2011, 12:36:04 AM
you know what you should do in the meantime, get a ss of them and their karma and show time etc what not

then get another one with their karma full and then again with it back down, all with time

any way to show time in game? so i don't mix and match screenshots
ill run windowed, ss with paint
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screenshot of me after I killed an innocent (I asked infamousfelix; don't worry)
(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/im_crazy_ryan/karmafarmingstep1.png?t=1305621117)

Screenshot of me 34 minutes later
(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/im_crazy_ryan/karmafarmingstep2.png?t=1305621077)

A gain of +240 karma for a 30 minute break. And I'm just running in windowed mode, letting me do other things. It's just a short break. .__.
Getting tired but if I stay awake long enough I'll get one more.

(I noticed in the console that I am still labeled as innocent while in spectator mode. I also know that innocents gain a bit of karma each round, so its more than likely because of that. Although I'm not saying remove that gain for playing innocents, because thats pretty much the only reason my karma stays so high, I never kill people)
Post by: Deacon on May 17, 2011, 02:05:51 AM
bump with results

(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/im_crazy_ryan/karmafarmingbonusstep1.png)
Post by: YomoFox on May 17, 2011, 02:40:08 AM
i like karma :gtfo:
Post by: Deacon on May 17, 2011, 02:40:53 AM
i like karma :gtfo:

we are keeping karma

I want to get rid of a glitch with karma
Post by: Repulse on May 17, 2011, 05:05:28 AM
 :thumbsup: Yes, I agree to this. People will just go to spectators when they have low karma to gain more karma.
Post by: Hitman on May 17, 2011, 06:36:52 AM
:thumbsup: Yes, I agree to this. People will just go to spectators when they have low karma to gain more karma.
Thanks for stating the obvious.  8)
Post by: Sabb on May 17, 2011, 06:44:39 AM
Yea, I was surprised this hadn't been mentioned/fixed a while ago.
A looooooong time ago I saw Zomboss do it, and checked if he was actually using spectator to anti-afk his karma back.
I've kicked people for doing this before, where they'll be in the server for some 8 hours and I watch them for a good 30 minutes - 1 hour and they just sit there with +right in console as a spectator, not being kicked while slowly gaining their karma back and taking up slots on the server.
Post by: Foofoojack on May 17, 2011, 06:50:18 AM
Yesssssssss
Post by: Don on May 17, 2011, 08:56:30 AM
I've kicked people for doing this before, where they'll be in the server for some 8 hours and I watch them for a good 30 minutes - 1 hour and they just sit there with +right in console as a spectator, not being kicked while slowly gaining their karma back and taking up slots on the server.
You don't even have to do +right;+forward anymore. You won't get afk kicked at all anymore, even if you're just letting gmod run in the background without anything.

Hasn't it been mentioned somewhere before by coolz that anti-afking would warrant a 3-days ban? I don't know where it was, but I'm pretty sure that was said.
Post by: blαh2355 on May 17, 2011, 09:51:07 AM
Wow I never knew people had done this. I usually just go "meh" when my karma is low and just keep playing regularly. :thumbsup: to get rid of that glitch if possible.
BTW, can we put something that if someone is afk in spectator for 10 mins. then can they get kicked?
Post by: » Magic « on May 17, 2011, 10:50:15 AM
Wow I never knew people had done this. I usually just go "meh" when my karma is low and just keep playing regularly. :thumbsup: to get rid of that glitch if possible.
BTW, can we put something that if someone is afk in spectator for 10 mins. then can they get kicked?

10 mins?

2 mins
Post by: Jman on May 17, 2011, 12:05:07 PM
Maybe this will show how badly the problem needs to be solved....

http://sourcebans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=afk (http://sourcebans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=afk)
Post by: blαh2355 on May 17, 2011, 12:11:01 PM

http://sourcebans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=afk (http://sourcebans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=afk)
Afk for 8 hrs.? Really?

10 mins?

2 mins
I said 10 mins. because sometimes people have to do shit and will come back in like a few mins.

How about 5 mins?
Post by: Sabb on May 17, 2011, 12:32:11 PM
You don't even have to do +right;+forward anymore. You won't get afk kicked at all anymore, even if you're just letting gmod run in the background without anything.

Hasn't it been mentioned somewhere before by coolz that anti-afking would warrant a 3-days ban? I don't know where it was, but I'm pretty sure that was said.
Shit, seriously?
So I shouldn't go afk anymore?
Cause I often go AFK and just leave Gmod on cause I don't think to turn it off... and usually I get moved to spectator before being kicked by afk kicker.
Post by: Seb on May 17, 2011, 01:26:40 PM

That made me lol

Yeah, I support this. It's better to gain karma the hard way. :thumbsup:
Post by: Deacon on May 17, 2011, 02:56:57 PM
That made me lol

Yeah, I support this. It's better to gain karma the hard way. :thumbsup:

it took me longer to prove that this works last night than it did to gain all my karma back, then lose it, and gain half of it back the normal way.
Post by: Dale Feles on May 18, 2011, 01:46:39 PM
 :thumbsup: To removing this.

This should remove the wait time to join the server due to those afk's taking all dem slots.
Post by: coolzeldad on May 18, 2011, 06:51:41 PM
Well this is part of how the author wanted it, but I do agree with the OP so far.

I'm investigating easiest way to prevent this and to persist every update.

Basically remove karma increase for spectatorzzzzzz

lalala,
-coolz
Post by: Moo on May 18, 2011, 09:58:47 PM
i have a  :magichammer:
Post by: coolzeldad on May 18, 2011, 10:08:46 PM
Alright so I investigated this, and what I thought could work as a simple change won't.

TTT applies karma at the end of each round, at the end of each round everyone not alive is a spectator, not dead/inno

If I stop karma gain for spectators, when it applies at each round end.. yeah there's the issue. It's just the design of the game.

A way to do it would be to manually keep track of all the players from start to end of round, excluding any other circumstances.

This isn't a feasible change like I was planning on implementing at the moment, so I reverted the changes I made.

I will think about ways to do this more adequately but I do not have anything at the moment,
-coolz
Post by: Jman on May 19, 2011, 12:05:56 PM
-coolz

Man who's dat it's not like I can just look at your name and see it's you posting it.

:trollface:
Post by: Deacon on May 19, 2011, 04:13:20 PM
Man who's dat it's not like I can just look at your name and see it's you posting it.

:trollface:

I can't tell who posted this because you didn't do this.

-Deacon

Post by: coolzeldad on May 19, 2011, 09:26:15 PM
seeeeeeeeeee :)

DUN NOE WHO  I AMZ ;AHAAHAH
ADF;AS
Post by: Repulse on May 20, 2011, 05:49:09 AM
Thanks for stating the obvious.  8)
No problem :D
Post by: Wafflepiezz on May 20, 2011, 05:08:18 PM
seeeeeeeeeee :)

DUN NOE WHO  I AMZ ;AHAAHAH
ADF;AS
Who are you? Oh what is that?! WHAT IS THAT?
Post by: biggaybaby on May 27, 2011, 10:30:56 AM
Karma farming happens quite a lot, maybe there should just be an auto AFK kick to free up slots? There doesn't seem to be one one at the moment
Post by: This Guy on May 31, 2011, 10:27:37 PM
Is it possible to remove karma gain from being in spectator mode?
I would really like it if we could remove this, if it is possible.

Yes, I would really like this.  :thumbsup:

I always have to wait in line to join the servers while there are karma farmers in the server doing nothing.
Post by: Sabb on June 01, 2011, 09:20:46 AM
Yes, I would really like this.  :thumbsup:

I always have to wait in line to join the servers while there are karma farmers in the server doing nothing.
Alright so I investigated this, and what I thought could work as a simple change won't.

TTT applies karma at the end of each round, at the end of each round everyone not alive is a spectator, not dead/inno

If I stop karma gain for spectators, when it applies at each round end.. yeah there's the issue. It's just the design of the game.

A way to do it would be to manually keep track of all the players from start to end of round, excluding any other circumstances.

This isn't a feasible change like I was planning on implementing at the moment, so I reverted the changes I made.

I will think about ways to do this more adequately but I do not have anything at the moment,
-coolz
Post by: Alex Mason, SOG on June 01, 2011, 07:59:08 PM

-coolz

The anyone who knows lua coding, this might sound dumb because I don't know.

What If It preforms a check for people that have been spectator during the round? From what I know about TTT (which isn't very much), Each part of the round has a different.... ID sort-of-thing.
Maybe If it checks to see if you have been a spectator during the fighting part of round 5 times in a row, it kicks you?

Just tell me if this isn't possible please.
Post by: Deacon on June 02, 2011, 01:29:47 AM
I think its time for
(http://www.ilovebluesea.com/images/splash_size/smoked-salmon-package_01.jpg)

...google "lox".