Author Topic: Application: DoeniDon/Don  (Read 1334 times)

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
Application: DoeniDon/Don
« on: September 04, 2010, 03:23:58 PM »
My fellow britfag, I suggest him, He suggests himself, My other self suggests him

Good to play with, Funny, Smart, UK HOMIEZ

+1

EDIT:// Updatez

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:13:37 AM by » ȫ-ɀ-ȫ-ɳ-ȅ « »

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
Re: Application: DeoniDon/Don
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what was the entire message he sent you in pm (when he gave you his app)?

If he sent you the same exact same thing he sent me I will lol.

I haven't had that much in-game experience with Don, but in the time that I have played with him, he has votekick/banned fairly and according to the rules so he gets my vote.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:20:01 PM by Sanders »

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 01:39:01 PM »
epic bump?

Offline Moo

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
Don applying for Admin

Introduction:
Well, hello there. As you probably know, my name is Don. I am applying for Admin. Yes, some of you might have seen that I used to have another application. But due to it being mostly ignored and with the recent push in new admin apps as well as many people telling me to try harder for admin, I decided to rewrite my application, improve on it wherever possible and give it another try. Now, you might say I seem desperate for admin, but let me tell you - I am not. I just have the feeling that I could benefit the servers a lot if I would be deemed worthy of admin. I am European, and usually when I play, I always seem to be the only online VIP. I often get calls for help from various people (today from yomo, for example, because of a prop pusher on wire) and since my PC is not the fastest, people often escape before I can go on the servers. By being able to simply get them over SourceBans, many people's lives would get a lot easier.
I am also very active on both the servers and the forums, and would take the time to take care of reports, post and reply to VIP and Admin apps and would generally fill out my duties as admin as good as I could.
Anyway, everyone says that about himself, so I don't really want to keep talking here. Let's get on with the application.

About Me:
Well, not much to tell about me. My name is Benjamin C, I was born on the 17th of October 1994 (therefore I'm 16 years old) in a private Hospital in Basel, Switzerland. I went to school there, had a normal life, blabla. There's really nothing interesting to tell.
In around the middle of January, our dear member "Dr. Zomboss" showed me the RND flood server, as well as the ZS server. Even though I hated the ZS server, I loved Flood, kept playing on it and registered on the forums to be respected. I stayed active there and eventually became known in RND.
Later that year, I signed up for College in England and that's pretty much what I'm doing now. There was nothing (proper NOTHING) going on since then.

Times online:
Who needs real life? I'm online most of the day.
Starting in the morning or early afternoon, I'm usually online until deep into the night or the late evening.
And I still manage to go out with friends on a regular basis. I don't know how.

Basel/Switzerland for holidays, Luton/England for College.

Servers I mostly play on:
Ordered from the best one to the worst one.
Trouble in Terrorist Town
Fretta (aka Deathrun)
Zombie Survival
Rotation
Sledbuild
Flood (wish I could be there more, but no one tends to play Flood anymore ...)
Wirebuild
Plain Build (ahahaha no one goes there.)

Steam Name:
DoeniDon

Why I should be Admin:
1. I was never reported as an abuser or as a minge in my time of being VIP or respected.
2. As of now, all admins and VIPs except Magic and me are from America or live in a timezone similar to America's. Because of this, Europeans often complain about a lack of admins when they're online - since I have no life and live in Central Europe, I could help out Magic and all other Europeans by being an active Admin from Europe.
3. I'm online A LOT, meaning I could help a lot in keeping the servers minge-free. Also, I'm active on Fretta and ready to be active on a not-so-inactive Flood, meaning I would be the first admin to regularly visit these servers.
4. Most people that have met me in-game (minges excluded) like me, and in general I can say I'm a nice person.
5. I am very patient with minges, meaning that I don't kick for first-offences. I give two to three warnings before kicking people, except in a few cases (such as RDMing his traitor buddy or the detective in TTT unprovoked).
6. I try to not hold a grudge against anyone, meaning everytime someone rejoins, they haven't done anything. This doesn't count on people minging all the time, of course.
8. I try to react to all calls for help in the servers or over Steeam, no matter where it comes from. Of course, I can't be everywhere at all times, but I try to.

Why I want to be Admin:
I want to be admin on RND because I believe that I can really help the servers. I am very active on the forums and on the servers. I already try to reply to all VIP apps now, and I will keep doing so, whether I get admin or not. If I would receive admin, I would try to take care of reports and appeals and would reply to most VIP and Admin apps.
I'm also not too harsh and impatient on people, meaning they can explain why they just did certain things (such as killing the detective on TTT). I only kick or ban people that are too stupid to play the game properly.
I would donate a lot of time to RND and would try to keep the servers minge free and the forums troll free while still allowing people to have fun.

Situations:
Someone is holding up the round on Deathrun
1. I would check out why they're holding up the round. (They could be AFK or just be general dicks.)
2. If person is AFK - just kick the person.
2. If person is being a dick - first of all, give the person a warning.
3. If he keeps doing it - depending on what he says.
4. If he says nothing - give another, last warning.
4. If he tells me to fk off - kick the person.
5. The person still won't stop it - kick the person.
- Any repeated offence and I would start banning the person for a few minutes, increasing the time slowly as the person keeps going. If no improval in behaviour can be seen after about two or three times, I'd ban for a longer period.

Someone is prop pushing on Flood
1. Tell the person to stop.
2. If keeps prop pushing - First warning.
3. Keeps on prop pushing - Second warning.
4. Is still prop pushing - Kick for prop pushing.
5. Person comes back, prop pushes again - Give one last warning.
6. He/She keeps pushing - Ban for several minutes, if subject comes and pushes again, ban for longer periods of time.
- This does not apply for people just pushing unwanted players off their boat.

People are money rounding in Flood
1. Tell them they won't get any money out of it and that it's therefore useless.
2. Slap them off their boats.
3. If they moneyround again, slap them off again, telling them to never do it again.
4. If they try it again, kick them.
5. In case they attempt to money round again, ban them for a short period.
6. If they keep money rounding, ban them for longer periods.

Killing fellow Traitor buddy on TTT
1. Ask the person why they RDMed their traitor buddy.
2. No response - kick.
3. Because they shot them - ask the other one why he did it.
4. If the other one tried to RDM their buddy, but the other one killed him first - kick the one that attempted to RDM.
5. In case this is repeated (in both cases) - ban the person over a short time. If the behaviour keeps up, ban for longer times.

RDMing the detective as an innocent
1. Basically the same as above. And with basically, I mean exactly the same as above.

Someone is glitching (not spawned on glitch, TTT and Flood)
1. Kill them over ASS.
2. If he/she keeps glitching - Give him/her a warning to never do it again and kill him/her again.
3. He/She does it again - kick the glitcher.
4. He/She comes back and glitches again - ban him/her for glitching.
5. Does it again - Ban for a longer period of time. If he/she keeps doing it, ban for longer periods of time.

Someone is using a name changer
1. Double status in console to get the SteamID.
2. Open SourceBans and ban the namechanger.

Someone is using an aimbot
1. Investigate - I would kill myself at the start of the round to spectate the person in first person (TTT).
2. If it's skill - Tell the people that just because someone can aim, doesn't mean they hack.
3. If it's getting odd - keep watching and start recording.
4. The aimbot is obvious and/or detected after long spectating - Ban for several hours and if the person uses hacks again, ban permanently.

Someone is using speedhacks
1. Exact same procedures as above.

Someone is mic-spamming, general population wants him/her gone
I would tell them how to mute people and that mic spamming is not a kick/bannable offense.
If the only intention of the mic spam is earrape, I would mute them over ASS.

Someone is constantly disrespecting other people
1. Tell the person to stop being a dick.
2. If person tells me to fuck off - Give a warning. If person tells me to fuck off again, kick him/her.
3. If the person is quiet - All good. Keep an eye on them.
4. If the previous person that told me to fuck off is doing the same after coming back - ban the person for five minutes to cool off.

Contributions to RND:
Well, I really don't know here. What can I consider "Contribution"? Is my time devoted in-game to keep the servers as clean as possible a contribution in itself? Or is it a contribution to moderate the Language section? Anyway, my mentionable contributions in the original sense of the word would probably be the following:
Don's SteamID/Age/Join-Date Database - A collection of SteamIDs, ages and signup dates of many known members of RND. Useful if you need someone's age, join date or SteamID, I suppose.
Stealing Don's VIP app the easy way! - An improved version of my VIP app, which impresses many people. I made it public like this in order to prevent the load of shitty VIP applications while still making the person applying work for their app.
Don would like some Regular - A reference for all people applying for Regular. I think this is very important since the majority of people applying for Regular are newbies that will only come to the forum to get Regular, and with this we get apps containing more than "hi can i hav regular plz????".
Don's Reary Nice TTT Guide - RND's biggest unfinished beginner's guide. It took me ages to write, even though it's not close to being finished. I put it in a dormant stage due to a lack of motivation, but it seems that I have recently found this motivation again, so I would like to pick up work on this again and finish it up.
As you can see, I mostly did written things because I can't map as well as people like jimonions or build stuff as well as tech. But I don't think this will hinder me much in my attempt to become admin.
I am working on some more things currently, but nothing finished enough to be mentioned yet.

Games I have (on Steam):
Alien Swarm
Beat Hazard
Call of Duty 1-6
Counter-Strike: Source
DogFighter
Football Manager 2010
Garry's Mod
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One & Episode Two
Killing Floor
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Mount & Blade
Mount & Blade: Warband
Plants vs. Zombies
Poker Night at the Inventory
Portal
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Rome: Total War Gold
Star Wars Republic Commando
Team Fortress 2
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2

As you can see, I play everything ranged from FPS to RTS. I love all sorts of games and the only game I will never touch in my life is everything point'n'click adventure-ish - This genre comes from hell and can stay there.
I also own an Xbox and play a variety of games there. But even with all this shitload of games, Garry's Mod managed to stay my favourite and even now you'll most likely see me playing Garry's Mod over Steam.

Methods to contact me:
Over Steam, as linked above.
Per MSN over doenii@live.de - don't expect me to be online much though.
ICQ over 581-876-876
xFire under doenii - not online too much
And Xbox Live as b4ttl3f0rg3 - don't ask about the name and don't join my parties since I'm talking with my swiss friends in them.

A few friends active in RND
Now, this list is in case you want to contact people and ask them about me. I will not call them references or anything, they're just people I talk with on a regular basis and/or that should know how I act fairly decent. Please don't be butthurt over not being included here - it's a quick list out of the top of my head. No particular order.

SabbathFreak Steam / Forum
Überlord Steam / Forum
Mr. Franklin Steam / Forum
Marked One KIA Steam / Forum
Dr. Zomboss Steam / Forum
DeathWard Steam / Forum
Magic Steam / Forum
Peetah Steam / Forum
SMasters / Majoras Mask Steam / Forum
ledjohnny Steam / Forum

Offline jimonions

• the text below is true
  • Old Forum MemberWindows User
    View More Badges!

• the text above is not true
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
Don is the number 1 person I would like to see as admin next up. :pokeball:

(JBanned) .:RND`=- DJ myppl8: if i eva become supa admin id ban moo and make hima guest

Offline Moo

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 06:34:19 PM »
i think dons up there with tech

Offline SMasters

• That's a paddlin
  • 2009 Snowball Competition Winner
    View More Badges!

• *jeopardy music*
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
Re: Application: DoeniDon/Don
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »
Moolz don't edit my post :l

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
    • Twatter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
Moolz don't edit my post :l

Don asked me to....
I just corrected "DeoniDon" to "Doeni"

Calm yo shiz.

And btw,
 :thumbsup: Best candidate so far in my opinion - very well knows what's going on everywhere and does not take sides no matter what circumstances.
Open to people and is very friendly - fun to be around (then again I'm easily amused :P)

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 10:58:22 AM »
Don asked me to....
I just corrected "DeoniDon" to "Doeni"

No, you added and "lieks to suck pingas" at the end of mah opinions, or dat was another admin :x

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
removed by don's request
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 09:41:12 PM »
reopened by his request
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »
yesyesyesyesyes

Although I don't know Doeni very much since I don't usually play with him, I've seen many useful and helpful things he's done for rNd.

It seems like he's a great guy from what everyone says and has been around for a while. So what if he doesn't get on dat much? He's still a great candidate for admeen.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Don

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 01:11:44 AM »
yesyesyesyesyes

Although I don't know Doeni very much since I don't usually play with him, I've seen many useful and helpful things he's done for rNd.

It seems like he's a great guy from what everyone says and has been around for a while. So what if he doesn't get on dat much? He's still a great candidate for admeen.
I'd just like to say that I really think I've worked on that whole inactive thing and definitely feel like I'm as active as I used to be now.
So that's sorted.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 01:19:45 AM »
In my eyes, don. Is one of the best choices for an admin that we have currently. He is trustworthy, fun, and has an extensive knowledge of the rules. I have gone to him for help before, and plan to again in the future. The only bad thing about him are his hours; being in notamerica, we don't play much anymore. And so this makes him better able to help the servers anyway, even if it makes me sad.