Author Topic: 3 months later...  (Read 193 times)

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
3 months later...
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:31 AM »
If you don't care about me, or what is happening in my life, leave. Don't complain that I can't use this thread for my personal matters, or I swear to fucking whatever you believe in, I will ragequit.

Things may still be fucked for the moment, but its starting to look up.
My brother got his old job back, which is a good thing.
I just got a letter today telling me that I made it into the testing stage for a job I applied for (with the city, which means full benefits), so I'm kinda fucking stoked about that. Only problem is that...the job is as a Janitor.
Now, I don't mean to say that being a janitor is a bad thing. Hell, my grandparents both work as high school custodians, I've cleaned before lol.
I am just a little curious as to what the test is going to be like. I mean, how do you test how good someone is with a mop? (it is a written test)

Any ideas on what I should study? Only the top 5 make it to the interview stage, but I need to make it...I need this.
I am planning on brushing up on my basic chemistry, but its a freaking janitor test for fuck's sake.
I'm just being paranoid I think.
Its' probably just ganna be an english Test. Witch i acn pass, cause their super ez

The reason I am telling you all this is because you are my friends. Don't think "oh its just the internet blah blah". Don't forget that there are people behind these pointless words. People with feelings. That you might hurt. You bastards.

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
Re: 3 months later...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 04:02:58 AM »
If you don't care about me, or what is happening in my life, leave. Don't complain that I can't use this thread for my personal matters, or I swear to fucking whatever you believe in, I will ragequit.

Things may still be fucked for the moment, but its starting to look up.
My brother got his old job back, which is a good thing.
I just got a letter today telling me that I made it into the testing stage for a job I applied for (with the city, which means full benefits), so I'm kinda fucking stoked about that. Only problem is that...the job is as a Janitor.
Now, I don't mean to say that being a janitor is a bad thing. Hell, my grandparents both work as high school custodians, I've cleaned before lol.
I am just a little curious as to what the test is going to be like. I mean, how do you test how good someone is with a mop? (it is a written test)

Any ideas on what I should study? Only the top 5 make it to the interview stage, but I need to make it...I need this.
I am planning on brushing up on my basic chemistry, but its a freaking janitor test for fuck's sake.
I'm just being paranoid I think.
Its' probably just ganna be an english Test. Witch i acn pass, cause their super ez

The reason I am telling you all this is because you are my friends. Don't think "oh its just the internet blah blah". Don't forget that there are people behind these pointless words. People with feelings. That you might hurt. You bastards.

Oh shit Deacon... That sucks.. I can't offer any help, I'm just a teenager, but I'll just say you should finish education. Get a much better job. You can do MUCH more better than a janitor.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:25:57 AM »
If it brings in money, and you can get it, GET IT.
However, keep looking for a better job that will pay more and that you also qualify well for.
Shit, apply for a job at the nearest gun store, just anything that you enjoy and get paid well from.

//And congrats about potentially finding a job.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:59:17 AM »
I have no idea what you could study for for that lol.
Probably will have some basic questions of how to clean something properly? Like what tools or w/e to use? Idk.
Janitor isn't that bad of a job anyways. It usually has decent pay I believe? And the cleaning isn't that bad, just takes getting used to.
Depends where you're cleaning though, I suppose. And of course I'm not speaking from experience in this lol.
But anyways, gl Deacon. Hope you get the job.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
    • The Vault
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:08:04 AM »

Oh dear, you have no clue what you're getting into. i was a sub contractor for the city as a cleaner whats involved is more then just mopping. you have to learn how to mix some Chemicals for cleaning solutions, how to wax/strip floors. If you get a buffer you have to learn how to use the machine. if you took the job because you think "its going to be easy" think agian... its hard work if you were coming a maid then yes it would be easy since all you need to know is house cleaning... But when it comes to city working you need to know industrial cleaning which is alot different.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
I say to do what you think is best. I'd suggest finishing school at least. Isn't there free education in US?

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 01:37:44 PM »
I say to do what you think is best. I'd suggest finishing school at least. Isn't there free education in US?

If you're a high school student under the age of 18, then yes.

Unless you're a HQC, you can't get into college for free (at least in most states). If he does exceptionally well on the ACT, he'll probably be able to get in somewhere.

Plenty of local campuses here in CA offer that, at least.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Peetah

• League PlayerWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
Just always look on the bright said.
In America, you can do anything with handwork.
(Reg) Nezz45: peetah are you good with the weight tool?

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
Dunt worry, I'll visit you every once and a while and pick up 1 piece of trash to help you :3

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »
Oh shit Deacon... That sucks.. I can't offer any help, I'm just a teenager, but I'll just say you should finish education. Get a much better job. You can do MUCH more better than a janitor.
If it brings in money, and you can get it, GET IT.
However, keep looking for a better job that will pay more and that you also qualify well for.
Shit, apply for a job at the nearest gun store, just anything that you enjoy and get paid well from.

//And congrats about potentially finding a job.

Lol, I have no as far as finishing my education goes. I have a new plan; Work for a few years, take some basic classes online, save up, ???, go back to finish at least a bachelors degree.
Janitor was the only city job available that I qualified for, and its actually a good thing. Like I said I have no problem cleaning up other peoples shit, what with my grandparents and all (side note: High school students are disgusting). And, oh god...benefits. I could go to the doctor again! Its only been...3-4 years...I think....

Oh dear, you have no clue what you're getting into. i was a sub contractor for the city as a cleaner whats involved is more then just mopping. you have to learn how to mix some Chemicals for cleaning solutions, how to wax/strip floors. If you get a buffer you have to learn how to use the machine. if you took the job because you think "its going to be easy" think agian... its hard work if you were coming a maid then yes it would be easy since all you need to know is house cleaning... But when it comes to city working you need to know industrial cleaning which is alot different.

I am good with chemistry, and I have what is generally called common sense (even if most people don't use it anymore), so I trust myself. I've used a couple of those industrial machines before, but they were a bit...erm, dated. Lol, I know I can handle this. And I think that is what the test is for anyway. If I don't pass, I didn't know enough. Keep on looking lol.

High School is free, public. Once you get to the college level, no. When I was in college, my degree would've cost around $60,000. Cannot afford it with no income lol.
If he does exceptionally well on the ACT, he'll probably be able to get in somewhere.

Plenty of local campuses here in CA offer that, at least.

Unfortunately, never took the ACT. Only the SAT, and did ok.
Nevada, 48th in education! w00t

Just always look on the bright said.
In America, you can do anything with handwork.

I hope you are right.

Dunt worry, I'll visit you every once and a while and pick up 1 piece of trash to help you :3

Picking up trash with Deacon with Sanders?

Offline Cake Faice

View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »
Picking up trash with Deacon with Sanders?

Sanders would be getting laid up in Reno by now  :trollface:

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »
Sanders would be getting laid up in Reno by now  :trollface:

i went to school in reno...
 :'(

Offline Cake Faice

View More Badges!

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
i went to school in reno...
 :'(

Dunt worry, you can always lern2UNLV with me...in a couple of years.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »
Dunt worry, you can always lern2UNLV with me...in a couple of years.

NEVER
UNR is a better school.
Maybe its just the propaganda, I don't know.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 05:57:34 PM »
NEVER
UNR is a better school.
Maybe its just the propaganda, I don't know.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HOLY DOG SHIT TEXAS? ONLY STEERS AND QUEERS COME FROM TEXAS, AND YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE MUCH OF A STEER TO ME, SO THAT PRETTY MUCH NARROWS IT DOWN. DO YOU SUCK DICKS?