Author Topic: How do I convince my parents to stop smoking?  (Read 466 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: How do I convince my parents to stop smoking?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
+1
Follow my footsteps.
Run away.
Go to somewhere safe.
Make a new life.
Heck, what can happen to you.

SO YOU JOINED THE CIRCUS.

NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE WHY YOU LOVE BEAVERS SO MUCH.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 04:32:54 PM »
I could give less of a shit that my parents smoke. I don't really approve but, aslong as they don't do smoke it in the house...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:35:55 PM by Conductor Cake »

Offline joshfroh

• Respect: +8
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »
LOL for real? for one.. there your parents, nothing you say until you turn 20 is going to matter to them, there just going to blow it off cuzz your nothing but a child...

either they will eventually quit when they realize its catching up to them, or they will pass away at a young age, due to smoking there whole life.

i my self was completely against smoking both cigarettes and marijuana , until about the age 14 i smoked weed with my girlfriend and haven't stopped smoking weed since.  and when i was about 16 at a different type of school. we had breaks everyone went outside and smoked   ... thats when i started smoking newports..  to "boost" that high lol       now im 20 still smoking both but im quiting smoking cigarettes this year .. and weed til the day i die

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »
+1
LOL for real? for one.. there your parents, nothing you say until you turn 20 is going to matter to them, there just going to blow it off cuzz your nothing but a child...

either they will eventually quit when they realize its catching up to them, or they will pass away at a young age, due to smoking there whole life.

i my self was completely against smoking both cigarettes and marijuana , until about the age 14 i smoked weed with my girlfriend and haven't stopped smoking weed since.  and when i was about 16 at a different type of school. we had breaks everyone went outside and smoked   ... thats when i started smoking newports..  to "boost" that high lol       now im 20 still smoking both but im quiting smoking cigarettes this year .. and weed til the day i die

Holy sheet you're so cool.

Offline Buzzkill

• EVERYBODY...CHILL
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »
+1

Your...20? I honestly thought you were and i still think your atleast 13 but hey i don't know you so ..yeah.. :P
[Trouble in Terrorist Town:Console] "(JBanned) cvissia: hey moo can you unban me i will give bj"
-global chat

:~RND`=- Buzzkill: its cable droolz clay
:~RND`=- Buzzkill: its friway
ciniM -=`DNR~:.: hateful cruels they
ciniM -=`DNR~:.: anal drools yay
ciniM -=`DNR~:.: WTF?!?

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »

ha....
haha

FUCKING
HAHAHAHA
you're cool bro
so cool
can't handle your newports

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »
Protip: Nothing is going to stop them from smoking unless something really bad happens to them or they want to stop.

My mom smokes. Not as much as she used to. She usually smokes outside or sits on the back door at night. In the car, she lets the smoke and excess out the window. My dad had stopped smoking and dipping for about 5 years, but he started back dipping a year ago. He is thinking about smoking again.

I have no problem with smokers. They know its probably hurting them, but its a bad habit they picked up.

Smoking is one of the most hardest drugs to quit. My mom has tried to quit many times, yet to still smoke. Smoking calms her down. She can be a real bitch when she is trying to quit. I honestly can't see any affects smoking has had on her. She has dry, cracky skin, but she has always had that.

My Grandpa Jim has a big alcoholic. Its a shame because he can't even golf anymore due to being an alcoholic. My mom has tried to make him quit, but he still drinks. She quit trying to help him because he denies the affects. He lied to my mom about having a heart attack back in 2008, for what reason I don't know why, when he had a triple bypass surgery. He'll probably drink 'til the day he dies.

Its something that they like and you can't do anything about it. Sorry bro.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline accelleon

View More Badges!

• OS Dev is the black magic of programming.
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 03:14:06 AM »
you're cool bro
so cool
can't handle your newports

i think marlboro smooths are better theyre also cheaper :trollface:
if your gonna say that atleast realize not every teen starts smoking to look cool. if they smoke around their friends and the rest of their friends are smoking then yea thats the reason. but i didn't start to look cool, i never smoke around my friends unless they suggest the idea which is very rare.

and yea just saying i was bothering my mom to stop when i was 8 and stopped bothering her at 12. im 14 now and still she smokes more than when i was 8. so really not to crush your dream of them stopping but most parents dont stop. my grandfather is at the point where he cant smoke without coughing a lung up yet he still does it.
I'm back and playing gmod again!

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
I've never had a parent that smoked, and I am grateful for that. But sadly I have a dad that drinks alot. Most of the time, he falls asleep on his chair watching Television, and it's real annoying. I tried ot make him stop, but instead he decide to drink coca cola for a week, and restarted again. The point is, you can't make someone do somthing the don't want. As someone suggested, buy an air cleanser, or convince them to smoke outside and not next to you. They might not stop smoking, but it's better then nothing.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Pieguy880

• Respect: 0
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »
I guess I'm lucky. My parents don't smoke and rarely drink.

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »
Ask for a air filter for Christmas.
I did this to my parents and it really made them realize what they were doing.
PS. You don't ACTUALLY want an air filter, Its just to make your parents notice that you care about your health and the air that you breathe.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 03:57:53 PM »
Ask for a air filter for Christmas.
I did this to my parents and it really made them realize what they were doing.
PS. You don't ACTUALLY want an air filter, Its just to make your parents notice that you care about your health and the air that you breathe.
But what if they get me one?

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:36 AM »
Use it. Can't hurt, can it

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
Will only save yourself from most second hand smoke

Offline Shawn

View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
I tried ot make him stop, but instead he decide to drink coca cola for a week

And the point of that would be?

Booze kills the liver the same way pop kills the liver.

and for the love god never drink diet pop thats even worse for you.