Author Topic: Application: Carp  (Read 471 times)

Offline jimonions

• the text below is true
  • Old Forum MemberWindows User
    View More Badges!

• the text above is not true
Application: Carp
« on: December 29, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Carps Admin Application

Introduction:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my application and I really do hope that you do consider me for the position of an administrator. I switched from console gaming to pc gaming during my senior year of high school and random was the first community that I ended up joining and sticking with. The members of random have always made me feel welcom and same with the administration, I would love to take on that role if possible. I'm usually the quiet guy who doesn't say much, but I think I deserve admin just as much as the other people who have already applied. I have never abused my votekick/voteban privileges in any way and if i had administrator you would not have to worry about me abusing any of the privileges given to me.

Name: Matt Kegerreis

Servers On the Most:
ZS
TTT
Fretta
Wire Build (occasionally)

When I'm online:
Usually I'm online whenever I can which is most of the time, i can't really give a specific answer for this one because it varies depending on the day. If i have nothing going on in the day I will be on all day, so a good average number would probably be 5 hours or more per day.

Where I live:
I live in Fort Collins, Colorado. Only like 10 miles from where BH used to live.

In-Game Name:
Carp (Obviously)

How to Contact Me:
Steam - SneakyDakilla
xfire - carphunter963
msn - carphunter963

Other Administration Experience:
I have only been Super Admin on one other server and it was gamemaestro flood servers. The server is not up to date now and is not being updated.
http://gmod.gamemaestro.net/forum/

Contributions to Rnd:
Well I have made two zombie survival maps for rnd, zs_bunker and zs_trippledecker, i am also going to be making more maps in the future for the other game modes and possibly more for zombie survival. Also like it said in DoeniDon's application if you consider the time played in servers votekicking/votebanning minges and hackers then I sure have contributed a lot to random.

A Few Credible Friends:
Smasters
Mr. Franklin
Moolz
Cabal
Sabbath
JimOnions

Situations:
I think that if somebody is hacking you should ban them permanently, and if they do make an appeal on the forums and it is good enough they should be able to have a second chance. Other than that I think you just have to use good judgment it is hard to list situations and tell what you will do you have to actually be there to know what you would do. (kind of stole this from moolz but she said it very well and i do believe its true.)

Conclusion:
I have been with random for about a year and a half, if not longer. I won snowballs in december 2009, I was here through the promotion of tomcat and magic, promotion of smasters and jim onions, demotion of sleeper and sanders, and now the promotion of teeny and moolz. I think I have been far too quiet throughout my time here and while I have been here I haven't abused my votekick/voteban privileges, I would be a great administrator and wouldn't abuse my privileges.

+1 from me Carp has shown that he knows the rules and plays properly
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:06:54 PM by jimonions »

(JBanned) .:RND`=- DJ myppl8: if i eva become supa admin id ban moo and make hima guest

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
    • Twatter
Re: Application: Carp
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:42:11 PM »
Oh carp.. :)
Where do I start?

You're probably one of few people that are great candidates for admin in my opinion. How so?
From the very first time I met you, you were helpful. You're very very very fun to be around.

You care and you're fully aware of whats going on around you in terms of "drama" without taking sides and jumping into the main spotlight, you sit and observe and you formulate your opinion to yourself - and you dont shove it in peoples throats because you think it's right. Only when asked you present these thoughts, and these thoughts are very well-thought and mature.

In terms of abusing votekick/voteban - that's right - you never did abuse. You barely used it and when you did, it's for a legit reason. You're a fair player and your decisions when it comes to kicking is never biased. But mostly, your very well thought out and mature decisions impress me the most. Like I said before, you don't present them out in the open - only when asked. I remember a time when you were votebanned from zs for breaking the front door in fort.... I reacted with anger and confronted the respectard for it (I made sure that this respectard got demoted). As I spoke with you - you calmly told me that it's alright. I remember over 9000 more situations. But this stuck with me the most..

You're right - you have been here for so long. And being a great player and all, you have blended in. Since most of the good people seem to get pushed aside and only the bad ones are recognized (for their wrong doings). But I have observed you from the first time I met you and how you were as a player and even as a friend. And you're amazing. Up to this day, my opinion about you never changed - You are a great player and you by far deserve admin more than the rest who has applied excluding Don.

You will be a great admin and I wish to see you alongside us :)

EDIT:

1:45 AM - Carp: ya i mean, it wouldn't kill me to not have admin lol
1:45 AM - Carp: but that would be cool
1:45 AM - Carp: i would appreciate it

Ah, carp :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:47:26 PM by Moolz ♥ »

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 05:05:24 AM »
Nice guy but timezones separate us D:

:thumbsup: fir those all nighters in flood back in the day ;)

Offline SMasters

• That's a paddlin
  • 2009 Snowball Competition Winner
    View More Badges!

• *jeopardy music*
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »
 :thumbsup: