Author Topic: [PLEASE DELETE] About the warning levels...  (Read 93 times)

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
[PLEASE DELETE] About the warning levels...
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
Yesterday I recieved this:

Quote from: .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
gamefreak171,

You have received a warning for 'trolling' @ 'The Reg Board'. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

BTW if you dont have any comments that are nice to say don't say them in such a demeaning tone.

Regards,
The .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers Team.

I'd like to point something out. The only unallowed content in the rules is illegal or mature content, and being demeaning isn't either of those.
Unless someone can show me where it says "trolling" isn't allowed, I'd like the warning taken away and a clarification of the rules posted if it's not too much to ask.
I understand that it WAS only a warning, but I think it reflects badly on me either way. I find it somewhat unfair that I now have a 25% warning level for violating guidelines nobody knew existed.

Also, if you wanted me to be nicer in my posts, you could have just sent me a regular PM and I would have taken note right away.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:09:09 PM by gamefreak171 »

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
  • Respect: +388
Re: About the warning levels...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
the world comes with hatred. only YOU can decide if you get the warning or not. it calls on your actions in the past.
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Malaka

• JMAN FAG JMAN FAG JMAN FAG JMAN FAG JMAN FAG
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 02:29:25 PM »
what is this warning system?
JMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN FAGJMAN

Offline Moo

• Respect: +413
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 02:34:37 PM »
its nto a matter of it being a rule, the regular section is for users to obtain a new status, not for users to post stupid shit that isnt needed, if you are posting like that in there, you will get into trouble, leaving ur trolling to general discussion

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »
This is more about not being an asshole on the forums, rather than following the rules

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »
its nto a matter of it being a rule, the regular section is for users to obtain a new status, not for users to post stupid shit that isnt needed, if you are posting like that in there, you will get into trouble, leaving ur trolling to general discussion

The point I'm trying to make here is that the warning wasn't really necessary. I wasn't intentionally trolling, either (Maybe with the exception of noisymanray's app).
Anyone could have sent me a message at any time asking me to stop, and I would have. The regular section isn't just to post your application and get accepted, it's a place for others to give their opinions on players wanting to be promoted. It's the entire point of there being a board just for applications.

@Rocket:
The warning was issued for something other than violating the rules. A high warning level reflects badly on someone, that's why I'm posting in the first place.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »
The point I'm trying to make here is that the warning wasn't really necessary. I wasn't intentionally trolling, either (Maybe with the exception of noisymanray's app).
Anyone could have sent me a message at any time asking me to stop, and I would have. The regular section isn't just to post your application and get accepted, it's a place for others to give their opinions on players wanting to be promoted. It's the entire point of there being a board just for applications.

@Rocket:
The warning was issued for something other than violating the rules. A high warning level reflects badly on someone, that's why I'm posting in the first place.

Well, just don't troll on the reg section and the warning level might lower after a while... Maybe...

Offline Moo

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »
you realize you just proved my point by saying that

The regular section isn't just to post your application and get accepted, it's a place for others to give their opinions on players wanting to be promoted. It's the entire point of there being a board just for applications.

as i was saying before do not post shit that you dont need to, i never said not to post ur opinion, simply to not post stupid shit
and clearly u were if u got a warning from an admin

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

as i was saying before do not post shit that you dont need to, i never said not to post ur opinion, simply to not post stupid shit

I WAS giving my opinion, I really don't see how it proves your point. Also, no admin so far has given a specific explanation of what I said that was classefied as "stupid shit".

Offline Moo

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 02:56:53 PM »
you proved my point by saying that its a section to get promoted, that means if ur posting stuff about a promotion, you shouldnt be trolling in it

all you have to do is, go into regular section, see which person uwanna post, then say ohai, +1 because i played with you and u dont minge, you arent annoying, you build cool things, or your good at ttt or wahtever and leave

did you notice that you dont receive post counts for regular section, hmm i wonder ...

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »
you proved my point by saying that its a section to get promoted, that means if ur posting stuff about a promotion, you shouldnt be trolling in it

all you have to do is, go into regular section, see which person uwanna post, then say ohai, +1 because i played with you and u dont minge, you arent annoying, you build cool things, or your good at ttt or wahtever and leave

did you notice that you dont receive post counts for regular section, hmm i wonder ...

I'm fully aware of that. And the only time I said anything remotely demeaning was when I saw a minge and said " :thumbsdown: for the love of god don't give this kid regular"

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
  • Respect: +120
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »
You want to know where "not trolling is a rule?" It's right here in the sticky in that section.

Keep the unnecessary posts to a minimum here. -Sanders

All of this bullshit qualifies as unnecessary

I didn't even make shitty comebacks like that when I was 8. Not kidding.

Phoenix Wright will now begin his cross-examination of the case.

>"I'm on daily"
I haven't seen you online once in the last 2 weeks.

>"I never complain"
>"I could do holo E2s"
I doubt it.

You wouldn't know how to get a life if it saved your life. l2gramr

Since when have YOU ever helped anyone?

You seem mad.

It was an awful application. You wouldn't know effort if it penetrated you anally.

Cut this shit out and you will lose your warning level. If you cant figure out what "this shit" is don't post, period.

Offline Moo

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »
theres your answer

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:08:25 PM »

a not so good admin

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »
a not so good admin

But thanks anyway.