Discussion > Discussion

Is there any appeal to gmod anymore?

<< < (2/4) > >>

HideoKojima:

--- Quote from: TehHank on January 17, 2016, 09:09:07 AM ---All of this. The server crashes and lack of players.

--- End quote ---

A lot of people stopped coming because of the server crashes :/  so they were pretty linked together.

○ Μαρία ○:
My interest in Gmod died out when old ZS became less frequented. I know it was inevitable and uncontrollable, but that long downtime the servers had really bruised what player base we had. When the fun people I got to know stopped playing on the servers, well it just wasn't the same for me anymore, and I moved on to playing other games.

I am not one to hop servers either, so I couldn't find it in myself to play on another server. For me it was random or nothing, still is. I still come on the forums and check out everything, because this is still my community, but gmod just really lost its flavor. I'd say if the same people from then were still playing, I probably would be too.

[Valor]iPounce:
It's either playing with friends on ZS or fucking around in TTT

Prox:
   There just isn't enough time and need for me to play Gmod or any other game for that matter, even War Thunder. That being said, I'd still play some L4D2 if people who I used to play it with would also agree to play. :)

Cake Faice:

--- Quote from: ○ Μαρία ○ on January 18, 2016, 02:22:48 AM ---My interest in Gmod died out when old ZS became less frequented. I know it was inevitable and uncontrollable, but that long downtime the servers had really bruised what player base we had. When the fun people I got to know stopped playing on the servers, well it just wasn't the same for me anymore, and I moved on to playing other games.

I am not one to hop servers either, so I couldn't find it in myself to play on another server. For me it was random or nothing, still is. I still come on the forums and check out everything, because this is still my community, but gmod just really lost its flavor. I'd say if the same people from then were still playing, I probably would be too.

--- End quote ---

I found gmod to be dead after garry fucked a lot of things up with Gmod 13 and discontinued his support for Gmod entirely, in favor of Rust (which is a pretty good game still). Radioactive Sandbox was my ultimate favorite gamemode but Gmod 13 has a completely different lua format than previous editions, thus destroying that gamemode and many, many others. Not to mention the severe lack of documentation to learn the language for gmod usage. I guess 20 year old me doesn't find it interesting anymore as opposed to 14 year old me when I first started out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version