Promotions (Read Only) > Admin

Application: Frostbound

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sabb:

--- Quote from: HideoKojima on August 27, 2013, 08:45:42 PM ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)Most reasons people get + for VIP is friendly, active, and knows rules.(Which is good, but seems more better for a reg app than VIP, most important one yet always seemed to be forgotten is if the person is responsible. I guess this isn't really related to the topic though.)I'm friendly(sarcastic, but friendly still) and active and know the rules. Doesn't mean I should be admin. It's not really enough in my opinion.
Not really trying to ride off Marie's coattails. But I agree he should be more active on the forums, and in TS3. (I'd say active in the servers but there is only one active server atm. lol)

He's a good guy, but if being friendly, knowing the rules, and being active is all that's needed to be an admin, I don't see why all regulars+ don't get admin.

--- End quote ---
So many times people have said what doesn't make an admin and simply that "having more" or to "bring something different" makes an admin but that's pretty unspecific. So what exactly makes an admin then?

This Cactus:

--- Quote from: ٶȻhriʂ on August 27, 2013, 05:16:18 PM ---Let's see here...

I've known Frost ever since i came back from the dead,and 'till now he's been a reliable friend,
he helped me a great deal when i was feeling like shit 90% of the time and he always listened to me if i had a problem,i owe him.
Ever since we realised we were both STALKER fans we've been great friends and shared many things.
If I ever felt bad and needed someone to talk to,Frostbound would be the first person I'd go to.
He's a great friend,an awesome VIP and maybe in the future a good admin...
He gets along with everyone in the community and(in my knowledge)has no enemies or anyone who dislikes him.
He's generally nice to everyone around him and easy to get along with,and he's always willing to help anyone regardless of their position in the community.
He has had many experiences with rule breakers on the servers,so I'm confident that he would handle his newly-found power with responsibility.

I've honestly never experienced any negative behavior from Frostbound,and out of all the VIPs we have right now,he's probably my favorite.

Overall,I'd love to see Frostbound as an admin,he'd great addition to the admin team as there aren't really many admins who moderate the servers on EU timezone

--- End quote ---

a

Prox:

--- Quote from: HideoKojima on August 27, 2013, 08:45:42 PM ---But I agree he should be more active on the forums, and in TS3. (I'd say active in the servers but there is only one active server atm. lol)

--- End quote ---
You don't need to be active in TS3. You don't get admin there, you get in on the servers and on the forums, that's where you need to be active, being active on TS3 is optional, ironically there has been some people who got their admin by mostly being active on TS3.

Now if I were to give an opinion about Frostbound as admin then I'd say that I really haven't formed one strong opinion, but I tend to more or less agree with most good things said about him here already.

ٶȻhriʂ:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Quote from: HideoKojima on August 27, 2013, 08:45:42 PM ---I'm friendly(sarcastic, but friendly still)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: HideoKojima on August 27, 2013, 08:45:42 PM ---Most reasons people get + for VIP is friendly, active, and knows rules.(Which is good, but seems more better for a reg app than VIP, most important one yet always seemed to be forgotten is if the person is responsible. I guess this isn't really related to the topic though.)

--- End quote ---
But that's exactly why people get VIP...VIPs are just like any other player,only they can start votekicks and bans.You don't need that much responsibility seeing as how regs play a major role in your kicks and bans - unless you're alone which is unlikely as there's always regulars on.Back on topic.

Saying you need to be active on TS3 is like saying you need a flamethrower to light a campfire,it helps - but it's mostly useless.

--- Quote from: HideoKojima on August 27, 2013, 08:45:42 PM ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)Most reasons people get + for VIP is friendly, active, and knows rules.(Which is good, but seems more better for a reg app than VIP, most important one yet always seemed to be forgotten is if the person is responsible. I guess this isn't really related to the topic though.)I'm friendly(sarcastic, but friendly still) and active and know the rules. Doesn't mean I should be admin. It's not really enough in my opinion.
Not really trying to ride off Marie's coattails. But I agree he should be more active on the forums, and in TS3. (I'd say active in the servers but there is only one active server atm. lol)

He's a good guy, but if being friendly, knowing the rules, and being active is all that's needed to be an admin, I don't see why all regulars+ don't get admin.

--- End quote ---
Not the best way to word your post,you have some points - but it's also really not your place to judge his activeness on the servers when he's more active than you.

Not trying to be mean or anything,but it's a fact.

BJ_Cumstain:
Since I first joined the community frost has been one of the nicest people on the server to me. Hes a very helpful VIP and a good friend of mine. As for the admin application, I think he would be a great admin for the servers simply because of his activity in them.
Frost gets a +1 from me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version