Author Topic: Hi I'm appealing that the unjustified ban wasn't long enough.  (Read 290 times)

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
Hi I'm appealing that the unjustified ban wasn't long enough.
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »
1. Player's SteamID (STEAM_0:0:1234)
STEAM_0:0:29502081

2. Players Nickname
Rbnd

3. Your in-game name
Fart Pacifist

4. Server name (Wirebuild, Zombie Survival)
TTT

5. Description of the event(s)
A traitor spent the whole previous round delaying a group of us were saying that we were going to shoot him next round for delaying. I happened to be T, called myself out, knifed the person closest to me and laughed about it being the person we were talking about killing for delaying the last round

6. Reason for appeal
Banned for killing an inno as traitor, compaint:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I like that me being an asshole was tacked on :D I'd at least like to know why he decided to ban me since I hadn't rdmed and the only assholish thing I did was what I usually did as Traitor: call myself out and be obnoxious as hell when I killed people as T

7. Screenshots or demo(s) | Optional console log(s)
Nop

8. Link to sourceban page
http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:29502081&advType=steamid&Submit
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:46:34 PM by Dark Pacifist »
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
Re: Hi I'm appealing that the unjustified ban wasn't long enough.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:58 PM »
If you'd like, we would gladly extend that ban

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »
So... how does you being sarcastic about your ban appeal do anything but prove the latter portion of the ban reason?
I can't really say much since I wasn't there and there isn't all the much provided but it's probably best not to post something like this when you're clearly agitated.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:02:32 PM »
I told him not to Target/Revenge RDM and that he'd get banned, (it was just coincidence that he turned out to be a traitor) He would've done it if he was an innocent. He simply said that he doesn't care and would like to be banned from rNd.

I don't know why you would like to be banned from rNd but if you'd like your ban to be extended, be a Kahuna...

Honesty, I like playing with you DP but, what's the point of trying to get banned when you can just leave the servers?

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »
I told him not to Target/Revenge RDM and that he'd get banned, (it was just coincidence that he turned out to be a traitor) He would've done it if he was an innocent. He simply said that he doesn't care and would like to be banned from rNd.

I don't know why you would like to be banned from rNd but if you'd like your ban to be extended, be a Kahuna...

Honesty, I like playing with you DP but, what's the point of trying to get banned when you can just leave the servers?

The irony was that it was coincidence that I killed him :D and to be honest the fact that it wasn't intentional made me ecstatic about killing him. In all honesty lazord I'd like to believe we know eachother well enough to know that neither of us would intentionally "rdm" someone over something so meaningless.

Me asking to be banned is more or less because I see people get banned for the stupidest reasons on various servers so I bound ban requests to my numpad. x_x

As for seeming aggrivated it really caught me by suprise when I just black screened while talking with the guy that I killed since I died with him then I was fine with the ban when I finally got back to the gmod screen my problem is three weeks for killing someone when it was appropiate and getting cut off while me and him we're talking  :-[.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 09:18:23 PM »
I'm confused is he actually appealing or is he asking for a longer ban?
The spoiler (*sarcasm* 3 weeks isn't enough lets push 3 months to perma! *sarcasm*) made me believe he's appealing?

EDIT:
The irony was that it was coincidence that I killed him :D and to be honest the fact that it wasn't intentional made me ecstatic about killing him. In all honesty lazord I'd like to believe we know eachother well enough to know that neither of us would intentionally "rdm" someone over something so meaningless.

Me asking to be banned is more or less because I see people get banned for the stupidest reasons on various servers so I bound ban requests to my numpad. x_x

As for seeming aggrivated it really caught me by suprise when I just black screened while talking with the guy that I killed since I died with him then I was fine with the ban when I finally got back to the gmod screen my problem is three weeks for killing someone when it was appropiate and getting cut off while me and him we're talking  :-[.
I'm assuming I'm right lol.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »

Huh?

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 09:39:08 PM »
Appeal... it is

Fine with being banned correct since irregardless of accidental or not I killed a person I announced that I was going to kill for delaying

Argument is over length of ban

And I see why what you quoted is confusing snivy ... to put it clearly: I was aggrivated because me and the guy I killed were talking and out of nowhere I blackscreened. Then I found out I was banned and was ok with it since by some definition I was guilty. lastly I was reaggrivated when I checked to how long the ban was for and saw three weeks for "target rdm, being an asshole" or close to that.

I could argue that I tried to knife the detective and got the wrong guy but either way his death made me feel good since we we're just talking about killing him the previous round. I could argue that both me and the victim got a laugh about how it went down but again dosn't dismiss that I announced that I was going to kill him before the round had started. So I am guilty. As for how I made the appeal I made it while I was still miffed about what just happened it'd be better if I had waited an hour and chilled before posting.

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »

Argument is over length of ban

And I see why what you quoted is confusing snivy ... to put it clearly: I was aggrivated because me and the guy I killed were talking and out of nowhere I blackscreened. Then I found out I was banned and was ok with it since by some definition I was guilty. lastly I was reaggrivated when I checked to how long the ban was for and saw three weeks for "target rdm, being an asshole" or close to that.

I suppose the ban length is a bit harsh, but it could also be right considering the history you have with Target/Revenge RDMing people. That shouldn't be the way you deal with RDMers. I'm not going to make you promise to stop Revenge/Target RDMing but, You should really reconsider calling in VIP's or Admins to the server rather than dealing it "your" way. Either way I suggest you give DP a shorter length ban. Perhaps make it 1 week rather than 3.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »
I suppose the ban length is a bit harsh, but it could also be right considering the history you have with Target/Revenge RDMing people. That shouldn't be the way you deal with RDMers. I'm not going to make you promise to stop Revenge/Target RDMing but, You should really reconsider calling in VIP's or Admins to the server rather than dealing it "your" way. Either way I suggest you give DP a shorter length ban. Perhaps make it 1 week rather than 3.

I wasn't the admin who banned him, nor was I on the server at the time of the ban, but I do agree with Lazord on some level.

The initial appeal was passive aggressive as fuck, but at the same time, you didn't outright start insulting people.

Speaking solely from my past experience with Dark, he's one of the smartest "regulars" on the TTT server. While at times, he can be pretty misguided, I do know he at least has good intentions at heart even though his approach isn't... always the best.

Anyways, if the choice was up to me, I'd reduce it to a week.

But it's not.

And chances are, Ruben is going to keep the length/deny the appeal.

Either way, I thought I'd just include my two cents.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:37 AM »
   I wasn't there but did Dark Pacifist really got banned for knifing an innocent when he himself was a traitor? Now even if he acted like an asshole about it, a 3 week ban is way too long, even 1 week is too much for that. I really do feel like I don't know the whole story and it would be nice to see what ruben has to say about this.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 03:07:32 AM »
   I wasn't there but did Dark Pacifist really got banned for knifing an innocent when he himself was a traitor?

It was more that he announced he was going to revenge RDM before the round started. Considering Darks history, he was going to follow through with it regardless if he was or wasn't a traitor.

Still though, conveniently, he didn't actually break any rules here. I think it's more the intention that people are worried about.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 03:28:08 AM »
It was more that he announced he was going to revenge RDM before the round started. Considering Darks history, he was going to follow through with it regardless if he was or wasn't a traitor.

Still though, conveniently, he didn't actually break any rules here. I think it's more the intention that people are worried about.
Well, I don't think that banning people for something they haven't done is a good idea, well perhaps not in this case since target RDM isn't as bad as a serious Ddos threat for example, but perhaps a warning or a short ban would have been a bit better solution to the problem because a 3 week ban for a regular is not the same as a 3 week ban for someone who just randomly stumbled upon the server just to RDM and don't come back again.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »
Keep in mind that he was apparently asking to be banned in-game due to binds. Under the circumstances that'd just make him look more like a player purposely trying to cause trouble so...
And of course the only person that knows the other side of the situation is Ruben. He may decide to shorten the ban after understanding the situation a bit more through the thread, might not.

Offline Lazord

• Windows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »
Ruben was pretty busy the whole day fixing stuff on TTT for us and he also dealt with many RDMers and rule breakers along the way.

I'm pretty sure Ruben banned Dark from what he heard and not from what actually happened...

(I'm pretty sure Ruben doesn't know Dark well so there's no way he could've banned Dark from his history)

Dark announced that he was going to Target RDM this guy next round

It was coincidence that he was traitor that round so he knifed the guy he wanted to in the first place. He claimed after the round that he was going for Det.

To put it simply Ruben just banned him because he heard that he killed the guy he said he would (I don't think he checked if Dark was traitor or not, if he had this ban or appeal may have never happened, I don't blame Ruben though)

It's not right to ban somebody for intention like Prox said.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:27:25 AM by Lazord »