Author Topic: League of Legends General  (Read 2995 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Re: League of Legends General
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline saivon

• Break the sound barrier, cause a sound boom
  • Windows UserDog LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Break the time barrier, cause a time boom
  • Respect: +195
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2014, 11:03:21 PM »
Can someone teach me on how to buy items i have no idea what any of them do anymore i even look up builds and i still suck dick during games lol

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »
Can someone teach me on how to buy items i have no idea what any of them do anymore i even look up builds and i still suck dick during games lol
What champions do you play?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline saivon

View More Badges!

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2014, 04:11:29 PM »
What champions do you play?

atm master Yi

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »
atm master Yi
For any champion your build really depends on how you play. No one build will necessarily be the best. If you're playing Yi you should probably play pretty aggressively. It'd be best to build him items with crit chance and damage. I'd first build him a statik shiv personally (after tier 1 boots), then maybe either trinity force or blade of the ruined king depending on what you're wanting. Blade of the ruined king will give you more sustain because of the lifesteal. Another good item is a trinity force particularly because of the spellblade passive. It gives additional AD on his next attack after he uses an ability, and since Yi is all about hitting Q and staying on an enemy it's a strong item. Generally though you want to just build depending on the situation. If the enemy team has a lot of people building ability power, then something like a mercurial scimitar or hexdrinker/maw of malmorius may be useful for the magic resist. Or a guardian angel. But it's ideal to build Yi with a lot of attack speed and crit chance items. One of his passives is that his Q's cooldown gets reduced per basic attack I think. I would really recommend taking the time to read through all of his ability's and their passives as well as all of the items and their passives.

This is a good pure damage build.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/double-strike-op-as-crit-237180

Though personally I'd get a shiv and frozen mallet rather than two phantom dancers, and a hydra rather than a bloodthirster.
Frozen mallet's good for the passive which slows enemies every time you hit them with a basic attack.

Offline saivon

View More Badges!

« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »
Will this build make me die since i have no defesnive items?

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2014, 05:36:54 PM »
Will this build make me die since i have no defesnive items?
Depends who you're going against really. If they have a lot of stuns and such that will stop you then probably. In that case you'd maybe want a frozen mallet or guardian angel, or maybe even warmogs.

Offline saivon

View More Badges!

« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2014, 06:34:47 PM »
Alright thanks.

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2014, 06:44:47 PM »
So I found out i go to school with a challenger player in the NA league. His name is Beautiful Korean on League and supposedly got an invite from c9, but denied it because he wanted to finish school. I'm not sure what to think of this.

TSM Bjergsen Akali Kills Compilation
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:49:14 PM by Alphaggot »

Offline Cypher

• Windows UserLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +54
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
The Shaco main? His guide/videos are cool, but I'm skeptical about a guy who mainly plays Shaco getting invited to play on an LCS team.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »
For any champion your build really depends on how you play. No one build will necessarily be the best. If you're playing Yi you should probably play pretty aggressively. It'd be best to build him items with crit chance and damage. I'd first build him a statik shiv personally (after tier 1 boots), then maybe either trinity force or blade of the ruined king depending on what you're wanting. Blade of the ruined king will give you more sustain because of the lifesteal. Another good item is a trinity force particularly because of the spellblade passive. It gives additional AD on his next attack after he uses an ability, and since Yi is all about hitting Q and staying on an enemy it's a strong item. Generally though you want to just build depending on the situation. If the enemy team has a lot of people building ability power, then something like a mercurial scimitar or hexdrinker/maw of malmorius may be useful for the magic resist. Or a guardian angel. But it's ideal to build Yi with a lot of attack speed and crit chance items. One of his passives is that his Q's cooldown gets reduced per basic attack I think. I would really recommend taking the time to read through all of his ability's and their passives as well as all of the items and their passives.

This is a good pure damage build.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/double-strike-op-as-crit-237180

Though personally I'd get a shiv and frozen mallet rather than two phantom dancers, and a hydra rather than a bloodthirster.
Frozen mallet's good for the passive which slows enemies every time you hit them with a basic attack.

I wouldn't personally get Trinity force as an item for master yi, more of a leisure item if ahead and the main reason being that it costs a lot of gold. You are better off building a Bortk for extra sticking power.

Personally as a master yi main for a year (pre rework and post rework), i build him a glass cannon early and  bruiser late; Rushing Youmuu's Ghostblade and Statikk Shiv as my core items, followed by Zerk's greaves, Infinity Edge, BotRK and a select few of defensive items such as Mercuiral Scepter against Hard CC and AP, Maw of Malmortius against Heavy AP, Warmog's for just 1000hp, Frozen Mallet if your enemies have plenty of escapes, Randuins omen if the enemy is heavy AD and you want extra sticky power or a good ol' Guardians Angel if you keep getting focused.
Oh and if the game drags out for so long, sell your boots and pick up a zehpyr for dem stats yo.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:11:49 AM by TehHank »

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »
I wouldn't personally get Trinity force as an item for master yi, more of a leisure item if ahead and the main reason being that it costs a lot of gold. You are better off building a Bortk for extra sticking power.

Personally as a master yi main for a year (pre rework and post rework), i build him a glass cannon early and  bruiser late; Rushing Youmuu's Ghostblade and Statikk Shiv as my core items, followed by Zerk's greaves, Infinity Edge, BotRK and a select few of defensive items such as Mercuiral Scepter against Hard CC and AP, Maw of Malmortius against Heavy AP, Warmog's for just 1000hp, Frozen Mallet if your enemies have plenty of escapes, Randuins omen if the enemy is heavy AD and you want extra sticky power or a good ol' Guardians Angel if you keep getting focused.
Oh and if the game drags out for so long, sell your boots and pick up a zehpyr for dem stats yo.
Trinity force is actually 97 gold less than an infinity edge.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2014, 02:58:38 PM »
Trinity force is actually 97 gold less than an infinity edge.
Yes but in raw stats and gold effiecieny, Infinity Edge is more useful on Master yi, as he relies on Crit chance, Attack speed and Attack damage. You waste gold for stats not utilised well with master yi such as Mana and Ability power.
IE offers increased critical strike damage. Master yi relies on his autoattacks and dealing as much damage with them rather than his abilities. I can see why TF is a good item, but in an optimum build, Infinity edge is much better.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2014, 03:10:31 PM »
Riot pretty much broke the game in this recent update. A game was about to start from the blind pick lobby but when it counted down, it didn't start the game. It just stood there and everyone was getting mad. Tried restarting the client but even the login queue had problems. When I finally got in, the button appeared for reconnection but the button doesn't do anything either! What the shit riot.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
Yes but in raw stats and gold effiecieny, Infinity Edge is more useful on Master yi, as he relies on Crit chance, Attack speed and Attack damage. You waste gold for stats not utilised well with master yi such as Mana and Ability power.
IE offers increased critical strike damage. Master yi relies on his autoattacks and dealing as much damage with them rather than his abilities. I can see why TF is a good item, but in an optimum build, Infinity edge is much better.
I would still consider it though. The only ability power and mana that comes from it is part of the sheen, which is the reason it's useful (for the passive). It's a lot burst if you're building pure damage. It's very situational though and probably not often ideal I will admit. I think I've only used it on him maybe once or twice.