Author Topic: Shooting at a Connecticut Elementary School  (Read 571 times)

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
Re: Shooting at a Connecticut Elementary School
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »
The families have to live with the fact that their children were murdered in an environment which was supposed to be safe for them, and I'm sure a lot of them will blame themselves in some way when they shouldn't. People don't just heal from that stuff and it is terrible, so no, the damage isn't done.
The mothers of those childeren... you can't even begin to imagine what sort of sadness they feel. You're right, the damage isn't done and it most likely will never be done.

Offline Zevante

• Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »
I suppose if you think life is one big joke it wouldn't be so hard to deprive others of what you consider "pointless", no matter who they are. Not saying anything like this is normal or right, but if you look at it from that perspective he was probably just trying to make as much of an impact on society as he could before he offed himself.

Offline pyrosheep

• the future is unwritten!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
The families have to live with the fact that their children were murdered in an environment which was supposed to be safe for them, and I'm sure a lot of them will blame themselves in some way when they shouldn't. People don't just heal from that stuff and it is terrible, so no, the damage isn't done.
The children were killed, that is done and it's not like their parents/guardians are going to just stop thinking about it. It's been done.
Quote from: Death M.D.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »
+1
That is done and it's not like their parents/guardians are going to just stop thinking about it. It's been done.
You do know this didn't happen several months ago? This literally happened yesterday. I don't think you're in a good enough position yet to say "it's been done".

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »
+3
The children were killed, that is done and it's not like their parents/guardians are going to just stop thinking about it. It's been done.
You're clearly missing the point...
You implied here:
bad shit, keep the families of the victims in your prayers if your religious tho.
damage has already been done, don't know what people are praying for.

but yeah it's a serious tragedy. Was  this worse than Columbine?
that it's pointless for people to pray because they've all already been killed. Yes, they're dead. So obviously people won't be praying that they make it out okay, because they're clearly dead, but everyone's pain and suffering from the situation isn't over. The families have to live with it, and maybe people want to pray for the children's souls if that's what they believe in, or to at least pray for the well being of the family members and community.

And like Cake has said this isn't years old or some shit this just happened and a lot of people have to deal with what occurred. Aside from all that though I don't see why anyone should be making judgement on what people may or may not be praying for. I personally don't have any spiritual beliefs or anything, so I won't be praying, but I'm not going to question what other people are doing. If they want to pray for the families or what ever it is, then let them do it. I know you weren't all aggressive and w.e saying something like "why is everyone praying that's stupid they're dead stop," but it's still probably better to not be commented on even.

Idk what stuff you believe in, but a lot of non-religious people, mainly the edgy teen group (not saying you're a part of either) always complain about Christians and whoever else always preaching and w.e and no one wants to hear it. Well, it's the same as telling those people what they should and shouldn't pray for. That's what you believe, keep it to yourself.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »
+2
You're clearly missing the point...
You implied here:damage has already been done, don't know what people are praying for.

but yeah it's a serious tragedy. Was  this worse than Columbine?

that it's pointless for people to pray because they've all already been killed. Yes, they're dead. So obviously people won't be praying that they make it out okay, because they're clearly dead, but everyone's pain and suffering from the situation isn't over. The families have to live with it, and maybe people want to pray for the children's souls if that's what they believe in, or to at least pray for the well being of the family members and community.

And like Cake has said this isn't years old or some shit this just happened and a lot of people have to deal with what occurred. Aside from all that though I don't see why anyone should be making judgement on what people may or may not be praying for. I personally don't have any spiritual beliefs or anything, so I won't be praying, but I'm not going to question what other people are doing. If they want to pray for the families or what ever it is, then let them do it. I know you weren't all aggressive and w.e saying something like "why is everyone praying that's stupid they're dead stop," but it's still probably better to not be commented on even.

Idk what stuff you believe in, but a lot of non-religious people, mainly the edgy teen group (not saying you're a part of either) always complain about Christians and whoever else always preaching and w.e and no one wants to hear it. Well, it's the same as telling those people what they should and shouldn't pray for. That's what you believe, keep it to yourself.
First of all, yeah I know it happen yesterday Cake.
And  yeah, I'm an Atheist but I don't bash other religions at all, that's just not cool. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are Christians and I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything. But yeah, I didn't think about praying for their souls or whatever, that makes more sense. I was just thinking more "atheistically" in my mind if that makes any sense, not taking their beliefs into mind. Yeah you're right.
atleast in real life i have abs and i fuck any girl i see at a bar , youre all fucking gaming losers.

Offline Nemisous

• you're all puppets tangled in strings.
  • I have no strings on me
  • Respect: +258
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
fuck man don't even get me started on this.
I think that most people don't understand that not all politicians are mindless emotionless people. Next to being a politician, Obama is also a father. I think that he is a pretty sincere guy when it comes to stuff like this.

I think its more likely that he was just trying to put on a show to not only boost his support base (like politicians and other famous people do) but also to show that he cares deeply for the value of human life, ( even though his foreign policies have killed  hundreds of children and left thousands as orphans. just saying)

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »
First of all, yeah I know it happen yesterday Cake.
And  yeah, I'm an Atheist but I don't bash other religions at all, that's just not cool. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are Christians and I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything. But yeah, I didn't think about praying for their souls or whatever, that makes more sense. I was just thinking more "atheistically" in my mind if that makes any sense, not taking their beliefs into mind. Yeah you're right.
I think not only religiously. Psychologically/mentally, it can affect people later. They can have sporadic break downs or have to painfully live on knowing all the things they could have done but didn't/couldn't.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 09:42:38 PM »
But yeah, I didn't think about praying for their souls or whatever, that makes more sense. I was just thinking more "atheistically" in my mind if that makes any sense, not taking their beliefs into mind. Yeah you're right.
Then why bother saying the whole pray thing in the first place...

Offline pyrosheep

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
Then why bother saying the whole pray thing in the first place...
Because I wasn't thinking with their beliefs in mind?

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
  • Respect: +841
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 07:19:06 AM »
Good ol' internet always manages to bring religion in anything, huh? Oh joy.

On a side note: 3 days ago, some psychopath in Henan, China stabbed 22 kids aged 6-11 years old as well as an old woman. No one was killed, but seriously. WHAT THE FUCK.

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 09:25:56 AM »

I'm religious. GUIS! GUIS! U R AL SATNIC CUS U BELEV EN TEH BEG BUNG! GUIS U GO HEL CUZ U ATHST!@!1one!1!

But really, I am, but I believe in the Big Bang, 13.7B year universe etc. BACK ON TOPIC! With so many horrid people in the world it's hard to keep track of how many Children are seriously injured or killed, that thing in China is horrid.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »

On a side note: 3 days ago, some psychopath in Henan, China stabbed 22 kids aged 6-11 years old as well as an old woman. No one was killed, but seriously. WHAT THE FUCK.
R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »

Yeah my mom just told me about that.

Offline Nemisous

• you're all puppets tangled in strings.
  • I have no strings on me
  • Respect: +258
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
+1
I'm going to hell over this, but it must be done.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)