.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) => Discussion => Topic started by: ○ Μαρία ○ on December 14, 2012, 10:57:47 AM

Title: Shooting at a Connecticut Elementary School
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on December 14, 2012, 10:57:47 AM
Just saw this on the news:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/14/us-connecticut-towns-idUSBRE8BD0U120121214 (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/14/us-connecticut-towns-idUSBRE8BD0U120121214)

27, 18 of those children, dead. What type of sick person do you have to be to prey on small children that haven't done shit to you. Man what a great world we live in.

Discuss.
Title: Re: Shooting at a Connecticut Elementary School
Post by: Sabb on December 14, 2012, 11:03:19 AM
That's pretty disgusting but there's not much to say about it really.
Post by: Deacon on December 14, 2012, 11:04:37 AM
Sabbs right, unfortunately. Not much to discuss...a tragedy, but nothing can be done. People like this cannot be controlled.
Post by: Sabb on December 14, 2012, 11:07:45 AM
Sabbs right, unfortunately. Not much to discuss...a tragedy, but nothing can be done. People like this cannot be controlled.
Exactly. There's literally no way to completely ending stuff like this. Aside from maybe if there was some way to mess with genetics or some shit to make people think/act a certain way which would be pretty fucked up and probably still not reliable.
Idk why I'm saying that though lol. None the less this is pretty goddamn terrible but yea.

Also, no one in RND lives near there right?
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on December 14, 2012, 11:23:09 AM
Maybe Lazer Blade decided to see if he really could take on 27 5 year olds....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: Prox on December 14, 2012, 11:29:14 AM
You're going to hell for this.
Post by: Sabb on December 14, 2012, 11:50:54 AM
Alright, thread over. Anyone hear about the Biebs assassination attempt? Apparently some guys were hired to kill him and castrate him with sheers or something but got caught.
Post by: Lazer Blade on December 14, 2012, 12:02:58 PM

oh god. I never really thought about that.
Post by: Devie on December 14, 2012, 12:20:14 PM
rip
Post by: Tiger Guy on December 14, 2012, 12:33:26 PM
I love how you go to calling the guy sick for killing the kids to making jokes about it in one post.
Post by: Devie on December 14, 2012, 01:03:28 PM
Media said that its a guy named "ryan lanza". He was the shooter.
Unfortunately, it's not. Media got it wrong, they reported the wrong name.

Now on facebook, a guy named Ryan Lanza, who also happens to live in the same town, is getting bombarded by people.

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/1355517005998.png)
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/1355515975629.png)

And this one I found quite funny;
note that these people are commenting on the "mass effect" page that this 'killer' liked on facebook.
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/1355518066281.png)

dunno, found it interesting.

psa: video games are the cause for everything.

edit:

https://twitter.com/Bitch_Lanza/status/279687915142000640

heh
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on December 14, 2012, 01:22:47 PM
Media said that its a guy named "ryan lanza". He was the shooter.
Unfortunately, it's not. Media got it wrong, they reported the wrong name.

Now on facebook, a guy named Ryan Lanza, who also happens to live in the same town, is getting bombarded by people.

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/1355517005998.png)
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/1355515975629.png)

And this one I found quite funny;
note that these people are commenting on the "mass effect" page that this 'killer' liked on facebook.
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/1355518066281.png)

dunno, found it interesting.

psa: video games are the cause for everything.

edit:

https://twitter.com/Bitch_Lanza/status/279687915142000640

heh
God that sucks lol.

And I still think it was fucking awful what happened, I was just throwing in a comic relief. Those poor kids man, imagine having to live with that for the rest of their lives.
Post by: blαh2355 on December 14, 2012, 01:24:09 PM
I live near the center of CT so Newtown is a bit far away (30-45 min drive?) but I heard the news in school. We had a moment of silence. It's quite a tragedy and shocking, but as said before, not much to say now.

People need to get their facts straight, pretty sure the shooter got shot by SWAT.
Post by: whagman on December 14, 2012, 02:13:49 PM
bad shit, keep the families of the victims in your prayers if your religious tho.
Post by: Cheesy Sandwich on December 14, 2012, 02:37:04 PM
fuckin to many shooting's this year. >:( Defenatly a Tragedy.  :(
Post by: Cake Faice on December 14, 2012, 03:10:34 PM
Ugh, now on top of that, we're going to be hearing about retarded gun activists and retarded anti-gun activists and a whole shitstorm on wither or not we should arm our country.

But god damn, that's really depressing, especially since santa clause was right around the corner for those kids.
Post by: Tiger Guy on December 14, 2012, 03:41:09 PM
Ugh, now on top of that, we're going to be hearing about retarded gun activists
This wouldn't of happened if those kids were armed!
Post by: HideoKojima on December 14, 2012, 03:42:48 PM
That's pretty disgusting but there's not much to say about it really.

Agreed. All we can really say is how awful the person is and how sad it is. There isn't much to discuss...

A tad. I'm already corrupt, so I don't feel much towards this whole situation oddly..

I live near the center of CT so Newtown is a bit far away (30-45 min drive?) but I heard the news in school. We had a moment of silence. It's quite a tragedy and shocking, but as said before, not much to say now.

People need to get their facts straight, pretty sure the shooter got shot by SWAT.

My sister lives right next to the Colorado movie shooting thing. And she loves Batman.

If she didn't have a kid recently, she might have been in that theater.

Shits weird to think about, though she told me she never goes to that theater because it's ghetto or something, so it'd probably wouldn't have happen. Still weird though.
Post by: blαh2355 on December 14, 2012, 03:52:12 PM
My sister lives right next to the Colorado movie shooting thing. And she loves Batman.

If she didn't have a kid recently, she might have been in that theater.

Shits weird to think about, though she told me she never goes to that theater because it's ghetto or something, so it'd probably wouldn't have happen. Still weird though.
Reminds me of a documentary of where some guy in a WWII paratrooper training place sprained his leg or something on the previous exercise and couldn't do the next exercises. Then, the next day, their plane had a malfunction while flying so everyone he was training with, died, but he's the only one who's still alive. Pretty weird.
Post by: Nemisous on December 14, 2012, 05:00:54 PM
Obama's fake tear was pretty funny, but that being said this a tragedy, and our hearts go out to their families.  but one thing kind of bugs me...\
Post by: Cariad† on December 14, 2012, 05:17:58 PM
It's horrible as to why somebody would just decide to go out and kill a bunch of innocent children. Makes me really sad. My heart goes out to the parents who lost their kids.
bad shit, keep the families of the victims in your prayers if your religious tho.
Already done.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on December 14, 2012, 05:52:37 PM
The more I watch the news about this, the more depressed it makes me about this situation, but undortunately there is nothing better to watch on this flight... Apparently it is now 20 kids dead. There really are no words for what that fucker did, nothing could make that right. I can only imagine what it would be like as a parent to learn your 5 year old child was shot and killed at school, a place you would assume to be the safest place they could be. It's truly heartbreaking. He even killed his mother! Who was a kindergarten teacher at that school, and apparently majority of the children he killed were from her class.
Post by: Nemisous on December 14, 2012, 06:52:50 PM
(http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/marluxia0080/430923_4533602630982_1709476588_n_zps4a8cbe23.jpg)
Post by: Tezuni on December 14, 2012, 08:06:31 PM
People can do anything if they want to badly enough.  Reminds me of Anders Breivik, the Norwegian mass murderer.
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on December 14, 2012, 08:13:22 PM
He killed his mother, which was a kindergarten teacher, but you probably already knew that already.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on December 14, 2012, 08:57:57 PM
He killed his mother, which was a kindergarten teacher, but you probably already knew that already.
Well later on they were saying she was just a vulunteer and not a full time teacher, but either way he killed her at their house before going to the school.
Post by: pyrosheep on December 14, 2012, 11:16:09 PM
damage has already been done, don't know what people are praying for.

but yeah it's a serious tragedy. Was  this worse than Columbine?
Post by: This Cactus on December 15, 2012, 03:06:55 AM
srsly bein spammed on facebook... currently seeking more info i mean... wat kind of a person would kill 4-5 year old children?
Post by: pyrosheep on December 15, 2012, 05:52:03 AM
Obama's fake tear was pretty funny, but that being said this a tragedy, and our hearts go out to their families.  but one thing kind of bugs me...\
fuck man don't even get me started on this.
I think that most people don't understand that not all politicians are mindless emotionless people. Next to being a politician, Obama is also a father. I think that he is a pretty sincere guy when it comes to stuff like this.
Post by: Sabb on December 15, 2012, 08:47:46 AM

The families have to live with the fact that their children were murdered in an environment which was supposed to be safe for them, and I'm sure a lot of them will blame themselves in some way when they shouldn't. People don't just heal from that stuff and it is terrible, so no, the damage isn't done.
Post by: Cariad† on December 15, 2012, 11:24:34 AM
The families have to live with the fact that their children were murdered in an environment which was supposed to be safe for them, and I'm sure a lot of them will blame themselves in some way when they shouldn't. People don't just heal from that stuff and it is terrible, so no, the damage isn't done.
The mothers of those childeren... you can't even begin to imagine what sort of sadness they feel. You're right, the damage isn't done and it most likely will never be done.
Post by: Zevante on December 15, 2012, 12:25:28 PM
I suppose if you think life is one big joke it wouldn't be so hard to deprive others of what you consider "pointless", no matter who they are. Not saying anything like this is normal or right, but if you look at it from that perspective he was probably just trying to make as much of an impact on society as he could before he offed himself.
Post by: pyrosheep on December 15, 2012, 03:48:56 PM
The children were killed, that is done and it's not like their parents/guardians are going to just stop thinking about it. It's been done.
Post by: Cake Faice on December 15, 2012, 04:06:07 PM
That is done and it's not like their parents/guardians are going to just stop thinking about it. It's been done.
You do know this didn't happen several months ago? This literally happened yesterday. I don't think you're in a good enough position yet to say "it's been done".
Post by: Sabb on December 15, 2012, 06:24:15 PM
The children were killed, that is done and it's not like their parents/guardians are going to just stop thinking about it. It's been done.
You're clearly missing the point...
You implied here:

that it's pointless for people to pray because they've all already been killed. Yes, they're dead. So obviously people won't be praying that they make it out okay, because they're clearly dead, but everyone's pain and suffering from the situation isn't over. The families have to live with it, and maybe people want to pray for the children's souls if that's what they believe in, or to at least pray for the well being of the family members and community.

And like Cake has said this isn't years old or some shit this just happened and a lot of people have to deal with what occurred. Aside from all that though I don't see why anyone should be making judgement on what people may or may not be praying for. I personally don't have any spiritual beliefs or anything, so I won't be praying, but I'm not going to question what other people are doing. If they want to pray for the families or what ever it is, then let them do it. I know you weren't all aggressive and w.e saying something like "why is everyone praying that's stupid they're dead stop," but it's still probably better to not be commented on even.

Idk what stuff you believe in, but a lot of non-religious people, mainly the edgy teen group (not saying you're a part of either) always complain about Christians and whoever else always preaching and w.e and no one wants to hear it. Well, it's the same as telling those people what they should and shouldn't pray for. That's what you believe, keep it to yourself.
Post by: pyrosheep on December 15, 2012, 08:25:21 PM
You're clearly missing the point...
You implied here:damage has already been done, don't know what people are praying for.

that it's pointless for people to pray because they've all already been killed. Yes, they're dead. So obviously people won't be praying that they make it out okay, because they're clearly dead, but everyone's pain and suffering from the situation isn't over. The families have to live with it, and maybe people want to pray for the children's souls if that's what they believe in, or to at least pray for the well being of the family members and community.

And like Cake has said this isn't years old or some shit this just happened and a lot of people have to deal with what occurred. Aside from all that though I don't see why anyone should be making judgement on what people may or may not be praying for. I personally don't have any spiritual beliefs or anything, so I won't be praying, but I'm not going to question what other people are doing. If they want to pray for the families or what ever it is, then let them do it. I know you weren't all aggressive and w.e saying something like "why is everyone praying that's stupid they're dead stop," but it's still probably better to not be commented on even.

Idk what stuff you believe in, but a lot of non-religious people, mainly the edgy teen group (not saying you're a part of either) always complain about Christians and whoever else always preaching and w.e and no one wants to hear it. Well, it's the same as telling those people what they should and shouldn't pray for. That's what you believe, keep it to yourself.
First of all, yeah I know it happen yesterday Cake.
And  yeah, I'm an Atheist but I don't bash other religions at all, that's just not cool. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are Christians and I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything. But yeah, I didn't think about praying for their souls or whatever, that makes more sense. I was just thinking more "atheistically" in my mind if that makes any sense, not taking their beliefs into mind. Yeah you're right.
Post by: Nemisous on December 15, 2012, 08:32:13 PM
fuck man don't even get me started on this.
I think that most people don't understand that not all politicians are mindless emotionless people. Next to being a politician, Obama is also a father. I think that he is a pretty sincere guy when it comes to stuff like this.

I think its more likely that he was just trying to put on a show to not only boost his support base (like politicians and other famous people do) but also to show that he cares deeply for the value of human life, ( even though his foreign policies have killed  hundreds of children and left thousands as orphans. just saying)
Post by: blαh2355 on December 15, 2012, 09:15:13 PM
First of all, yeah I know it happen yesterday Cake.
And  yeah, I'm an Atheist but I don't bash other religions at all, that's just not cool. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are Christians and I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything. But yeah, I didn't think about praying for their souls or whatever, that makes more sense. I was just thinking more "atheistically" in my mind if that makes any sense, not taking their beliefs into mind. Yeah you're right.
I think not only religiously. Psychologically/mentally, it can affect people later. They can have sporadic break downs or have to painfully live on knowing all the things they could have done but didn't/couldn't.
Post by: Cake Faice on December 15, 2012, 09:42:38 PM
But yeah, I didn't think about praying for their souls or whatever, that makes more sense. I was just thinking more "atheistically" in my mind if that makes any sense, not taking their beliefs into mind. Yeah you're right.
Then why bother saying the whole pray thing in the first place...
Post by: pyrosheep on December 16, 2012, 03:57:57 PM
Then why bother saying the whole pray thing in the first place...
Because I wasn't thinking with their beliefs in mind?
Post by: Cheesicle on December 17, 2012, 07:19:06 AM
Good ol' internet always manages to bring religion in anything, huh? Oh joy.

On a side note: 3 days ago, some psychopath in Henan, China stabbed 22 kids aged 6-11 years old as well as an old woman. No one was killed, but seriously. WHAT THE FUCK.
Post by: Cariad† on December 17, 2012, 09:25:56 AM

I'm religious. GUIS! GUIS! U R AL SATNIC CUS U BELEV EN TEH BEG BUNG! GUIS U GO HEL CUZ U ATHST!@!1one!1!

But really, I am, but I believe in the Big Bang, 13.7B year universe etc. BACK ON TOPIC! With so many horrid people in the world it's hard to keep track of how many Children are seriously injured or killed, that thing in China is horrid.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on December 17, 2012, 11:04:30 AM

On a side note: 3 days ago, some psychopath in Henan, China stabbed 22 kids aged 6-11 years old as well as an old woman. No one was killed, but seriously. WHAT THE FUCK.
R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY#)
Post by: blαh2355 on December 17, 2012, 11:53:53 AM

Yeah my mom just told me about that.
Post by: Nemisous on December 17, 2012, 08:52:05 PM
I'm going to hell over this, but it must be done.
Post by: blαh2355 on December 17, 2012, 08:57:57 PM
I'm going to hell over this, but it must be done.
wtf man I don't get it either
Post by: Nemisous on December 17, 2012, 08:59:50 PM
wtf man I don't get it either

call of duty loading screen.
Post by: blαh2355 on December 17, 2012, 09:00:34 PM
call of duty loading screen.
I see that, I just don't get why it's funny.
Post by: Nemisous on December 17, 2012, 09:11:13 PM
I see that, I just don't get why it's funny.

because it made me laugh, so its funny to me. and it didnt make your laugh so its not funny to you. question answered.
Post by: Cake Faice on December 17, 2012, 09:17:20 PM
because it made me laugh, so its funny to me. and it didnt make your laugh so its not funny to you. question answered.
I think you're going make shit hit the fan.
Post by: Nemisous on December 17, 2012, 09:21:58 PM
I think you're going make shit hit the fan.

yeah, im going to be sleeping in the dog house for awhile. time to hide under a rock.
Post by: Cariad† on December 17, 2012, 09:40:12 PM
Sorry, I'm still hiding there. Under my bed is good though.
Post by: HideoKojima on December 18, 2012, 12:27:31 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/neighbor-took-6-young-survivors-home-205020443.html (http://news.yahoo.com/neighbor-took-6-young-survivors-home-205020443.html)

Dem final sentences man..
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on December 18, 2012, 09:39:53 AM
the jokes are almost as sick as the shooting
Post by: HideoKojima on December 18, 2012, 12:45:16 PM
the jokes are almost as sick as the shooting

I'm all for crude sick humor. But yea, it's a tad too soon for jokes.
Post by: Cheesicle on December 25, 2012, 07:35:19 PM
yeah, im going to be sleeping in the dog house for awhile. time to hide under a rock.

Don't worry, when your mom dies, I'll be there to make fun of her the day after.