Author Topic: 9/11 School discussion  (Read 318 times)

Offline Essex

• Respect: +6
Re: 9/11 School discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
indeed  :book:

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
Actually, now I know why we didn't hear anything about it. It's because my teachers are infants and don't want their (fucking large) amount of perks slightly cut. Pay role freeze or w.e and slightly fewer sick days (they had at least 2 a month paid previously, on top of all their usual vacations and w.e). So they're retaliating by all wearing black and not participating in even the most minor extra curricular shit...
Which means they wouldn't even do the announcements.
Whining about a fair change in their pay is apparently a priority over acknowledging 9/11.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 03:23:40 PM »
Actually, now I know why we didn't hear anything about it. It's because my teachers are infants and don't want their (fucking large) amount of perks slightly cut. Pay role freeze or w.e and slightly fewer sick days (they had at least 2 a month paid previously, on top of all their usual vacations and w.e). So they're retaliating by all wearing black and not participating in even the most minor extra curricular shit...
Which means they wouldn't even do the announcements.
Whining about a fair change in their pay is apparently a priority over acknowledging 9/11.

We had job action like that last year, no extra-curricular, no field trips, no monitoring hallways, no report cards, all that.

The provincial guys won though, and the teachers backed down. But, aren't announcements done by the students?

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
  • Respect: +1236
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
so rocket you're pretty much saying america deserved 9/11?

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
so rocket you're pretty much saying america deserved 9/11?

a

Offline ·UηİŦ··

• eeeeeeeeeee
  • Windows UserApple UserOld Forum MemberLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Exit left.
  • Respect: +389
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »
I heard that some famous lady was talking about her boobs in 1989 on the radio when the moment of silence occured.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And
Honestly, would you rather have 3,000 American deaths, or 100,000-500,000 Iraqi (Civilian) deaths?

I'd rather have none.

And everyone should know by now that regardless of conspiracy, Politics is already dirty and festering with unjust.

Watergate Scandal, baby. And all the routine shit you don't know about in the Middle East. (Warning: Graphic, lots of images, may slow browser if you have 700+ tabs open already)

I just don't want to live in 1984 when I turn 40. I don't want to end up like poor Winston... But it looks like INGSOC is already well underway if we're more obsessed about boobs and '**NATIONALISM**~!' than the dead. We've already begun 'mainstream' shortening words with YOLO and SWAG-ugh. What horrible day do we collectively burn books and hang 'terrorists' in the streets on live television?

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »
We had job action like that last year, no extra-curricular, no field trips, no monitoring hallways, no report cards, all that.

The provincial guys won though, and the teachers backed down. But, aren't announcements done by the students?
Na, school just started and they haven't gotten everyone ready for it or w.e.
Actually now that I think of it, announcements are rarely held right now...
Or maybe I just don't pay attention.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »
We didn't have class. Of course, due to it being Teachers' Day, teachers gave a short speech on teaching and how some teachers are treated badly.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »
I heard that some famous lady was talking about her boobs in 1989 on the radio when the moment of silence occured.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »

You do know that with a world without religion there wouldn't be USA either, right?

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 07:33:35 PM »

Sir, 9/11 happened because some crazy people hated America.
They would have done the same wether they were Muslim or not.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
Sir, 9/11 happened because some crazy people hated America.
They would have done the same wether they were Muslim or not.

You forgot to mention the belief that killing themselves in the name of their religion would grant them to exist in heaven with virgins for eternity

You do know that with a world without religion there wouldn't be USA either, right?

Elaborate
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:46:13 PM by Rocket50 »

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »
Except, they believed that killing themselves in the name of their religion would get them in to heaven with virgins for eternity

Elaborate
That is radicalism. Moderation in everything is key. They applied to Islam, which promotes peace and toleration of others (nice going Taliban). That is what happens in most cases of "religion causing wars and evils". It is people twisting scripture just so that it fits their own sick goals. The Crusades? The kings wanted that land. The Holocaust? Hitler needed an easy scapegoat. 9/11? Al Queda needed a good excuse to keep the people of their country from turning against them.

As for Frank's point, he is right. The Puritain ideals of hard work and unity would help the colonies to unite against the British during the 1700s. Without these ideals, we would likely still be a set of British colonies.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
That is radicalism. Moderation in everything is key. They applied to Islam, which promotes peace and toleration of others (nice going Taliban). That is what happens in most cases of "religion causing wars and evils". It is people twisting scripture just so that it fits their own sick goals. The Crusades? The kings wanted that land. The Holocaust? Hitler needed an easy scapegoat. 9/11? Al Queda needed a good excuse to keep the people of their country from turning against them.

You completely ignored the point. If religion did not exist, Al Queda would never have been able to give the radicals an incentive to go and bomb the WTC because frankly, the only reason why they would go and kill themselves was because of the promise that it was what god wanted and it would grant them eternity in heaven.

With virgins. It would be very hard to find someone who hated America enough to go and end their existence on the side of a skyscraper.

As for Frank's point, he is right. The Puritain ideals of hard work and unity would help the colonies to unite against the British during the 1700s. Without these ideals, we would likely still be a set of British colonies.

It doesn't take religion to understand the value of hard work and unity. And it wasn't religion that made the colonies discontent with Britain, it was their lack of support. Canada never followed the American route to autonomy from Britian, and we essentially accomplished the same goals without the war.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:58:59 PM by Rocket50 »

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 05:07:14 AM »
My school didn't care.