Author Topic: ZS - Human weapon damage modifier  (Read 180 times)

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
ZS - Human weapon damage modifier
« on: August 26, 2012, 05:43:59 PM »
As the title states, I suggest that a human weapon damage modifier should be implemented to balance out the gameplay. It will only take effect after Wave 3 so humans can spawn in on time. It basically works by reducing the amount of damage a human does anywhere from 0%(humans deal full damage) to 40%(humans deal 60% damage). The server checks to see how many humans are alive and compares it to the number of zombies.

Criterion:
When there are 4 or less zombies, humans deal 100% damage.
With every additional zombie, the amount of damage humans can deal decreases in increments of <discuss> until half-life.
At half-life where humans==zombies, humans deal 80% damage (inbetween 100% and 60%).
When humans reach 4 or less members, they deal the minimal amount of only 60% damage.

Pros:
-gives zombies an advantage when humans start getting picked off
-pressures humans into rallying together, protect afks, create a barricade, <list teamwork traits here>, etc.
-becomes very difficult for humans when only 4 or less are left
-since sky cades are against the law, this will force humans to be more strategic and cade properly
-if people swim in large bodies of water when no VIPS are around, this could help out a lot
-nerfs the last human if he does not run around like a baboon
-(?) reduces knockback (should be tested if damage dealt affects knockback)

Cons:
-people on the human team can suicide and become zombie, leaving the humans at a disadvantage (could lead a whole mass of people into committing suicide to get a map over with)
-maps with ammocrates will be unaffected
-tking will take a hard hit on the humans

I'm uncertain of the mechanics of how this can be coded and how long it may take but this could be a good start to re-vamping the old zs. Sorry for the redundant vocabulary but please, post suggestions, opinions, pros/cons, about this. Winning as human is easy and I think this idea could change that completely.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Cryptokid

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• So I heard you like userbars
  • Respect: +211
Re: ZS - Human weapon damage modifier
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »
Now this is a change to zs that I don't feel as reluctant about. I like it because it doesn't force anyone to learn anything all that new. Players who are good stay good, they just have to put more work in for a kill.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
I like this idea.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but do zombies get a health/damage buff when they're grouped up? Or is the "zombie duo/trio" etc bar just there for looks?

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
I like this idea.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but do zombies get a health/damage buff when they're grouped up? Or is the "zombie duo/trio" etc bar just there for looks?

The more bigger the bar is, the less damage people to do to zombies.
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
The more bigger the bar is, the less damage people to do to zombies.

I think a damage buff would be better over an armor/health buff.

That way, people still have a chance to take them out before they get near.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
My biggest issue here is the knockback, since as it is, it is outright crippling to Zombies.  It can easily be taken advantage of to paralyze Zs, and that happens.

[Yeah, before any of you say "oh, but it doesn't paralyze Zombies", well, if a target is in front of you, you are trying to move foreword to reach it, and you're continually being knocked back to the exact same place, what do you call that praytell?]
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 11:31:55 AM »
My biggest issue here is the knockback, since as it is, it is outright crippling to Zombies.  It can easily be taken advantage of to paralyze Zs, and that happens.

[Yeah, before any of you say "oh, but it doesn't paralyze Zombies", well, if a target is in front of you, you are trying to move foreword to reach it, and you're continually being knocked back to the exact same place, what do you call that praytell?]

No thanks, I like the knockback.
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline Cariad†

• Dw i'n Barod
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
I like the idea. A lot.

Suggestion: What if Humans(When low in numbers, around 70% Infliction) would have a fear effect when no other humans are around and a lot of zombies?

For example, You are surrounded by about 6 zombies and no other humans are near you making the character be scared and his screen starts to shake like when you are low health.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
I like the idea. A lot.

Suggestion: What if Humans(When low in numbers, around 70% Infliction) would have a fear effect when no other humans are around and a lot of zombies?

For example, You are surrounded by about 6 zombies and no other humans are near you making the character be scared and his screen starts to shake like when you are low health.

>Low health
>Surrounded by zombies outside your cade

Why not add a seizure animations were you flail around like a magicarp while we're at it
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!